Sign in to follow this  
Iwan´s Left Foot

Luke Daley...

[quote user="Lambo"]Daley is very raw but he''s got potential. With a good bit of management he could be very good though IMO.[/quote]

Hopefully Lambert will continue not to listen to those who couldn''t manage a pee up in a brewery Lambo... [Y] [;)]

As I keep saying, the only thing that will see us challenge for promotion is if Lambert is suitably backed.  Some clowns on here seem to think that plaing the proven failures of the Doc and Hoolahan will make the world of difference to us.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Just like you, we can have opinions. Daley is shite, that''s my opinion.

[/quote]

Yes... your opinions are proved constantly wrong while mine are proved constantly right (even though my opinions go widely against the grain at first)... [:P]

[/quote]

And you can prove my opinions are constantly wrong? Go on dig them up, all of them...

And Daley is not some 17 year old, he is a 19 year old man, albeit with not a lot of experiance, but he does not have the natural skill for me, he is far too weak.

And Smude, his part in the goal? Well, wow, it was a 1 yard pass at the halfway line, I''m sure Doc has set more up.......

The other thing for me is that he''s not a Winger he should be played more through the middle if he''s going to be used otherwise he might go the way of Ian Henderson.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Paul Lambert obviously sees something in him to be playing him in the first team specially when we have more experienced players available... Jamie Whaley McVeigh to name just a few. He will be offered a new contract no doubt.[/quote]

Well said... [Y] and who is the better judge Lambert with a win ratio of 40% plus or you bunch of clowns (many of whom would rather see two players in the team who played a big part in getting us relegated)???

I think that Lambert has been doing the best with what he has at his disposal and if the board backed him then he would be able to win promotion.

The board will not back him though will they and the complete morons amongst us will pick the wrong targets to criticise as usual.

[/quote]

I think you''ve tied yourself in knots here, my shiny headed nemesis.

Forget for a minute your rabid dislike for Hoolahan and Doherty.  Despite the summer cull and the players who left and were replaced by cheaper, inferior alternatives, it would appear that McNally & Lambert have been told to cut the wage bill yet further.

What better way to do this than to sideline the two highest remaining earners at the club?

Now, it just so happens that these two players are also the two players you think are rubbish.  But put that to one side for one minute because this is an economic fact, not a matter of opinion on two players.  We are even worse off than many of us had dare to think.  I think this, frankly, is terrifying. 

I don''t believe Lambert is doing the best with the squad he has at his disposal, because I believe his best XI would include Hoolahan and Doherty - two players frozen out because we''re utterly broke.  If you honestly think Lambert''s playing his strongest XI and that Daley and Nelson are better than Hoolahan and Doherty, then your sentence "the complete morons amongst us will pick the wrong targets to criticise as usual" becomes spookily ironic.

[/quote]

You obviously do not read the same things between the lines that I read in Dohertys article yesterday then CHOPS.

The headline may as well of read that... "I am not likely to play for NCFC again because Mr Lambert thinks that I am utter crap!" in my opinion.

You on the other hand can''t read what individuals think at all and prob still believe that Hoolahan has a chance under Lambert?  If Lambert thought either of them were GREAT players then he would want them in his team and would play them, regardless of what any instructions from the boardroom might be.  If you believe any different then you have obviously never spoekn to Mr Lambert and have not got the first clue about what type of character he is.

[quote user="Lambo"]The other thing for me is that he''s not a Winger he should be played more through the middle if he''s going to be used otherwise he might go the way of Ian Henderson.[/quote]

Also I agree with this Lambo... you are spot on with pretty much everything at the moment in my opinion... [Y] [:D]

I think that Dayley''s best performance so far for me was the 10 mins or so he had at Hartlepool prior to being moved out wide to play Cody down the middle, although this could of ben that we were on a roll and doing well away from home so there was a feelgood factor about the club and amongst the fans that day.  I have said all along since then that I think that Dayley should be given a few games playing in a 4-4-2 down the middle with Holt.  My reasoning for this was that he has pace, but also looked better in the air and like he could hold the ball up a bit (unlike Cody).

Isn''t it funny how opinions vary, because most of the people who are criticising him are saying that he lacks strength.  As far as I can see the only things that he lacks are confidence and an eye for goal at this level, although I am sure if he could bag a couple of goals that he could become a very good young striker.  I even questioned either Lambert or Ricky Martin whther Dayley had played for the youth team or reserves on the wing at the NCISA AGM, because like you I feel that trying to meet the needs of the team Lambert needs to be careful with this young talents confidence.

I don''t think that Dayley has let anybody down yet and think that those who are knocking a youngster playing out of position in the way that they are should take a damn long good hard look at themselves. Especially as these are the same people by and large who have defended criticism of seasoned pro''s who have played in their favoured position and let NCFC over a number of years... [:@]

:D how good that felt :)

Been a while since good ol'' smudgey has corrected me or disagree''d with what ive said.

But here''s the question, have you ever been corrected Smudge?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Yes... your opinions are proved constantly wrong while mine are proved constantly right (even though my opinions go widely against the grain at first)... [:P]

[/quote]

And you can prove my opinions are constantly wrong? Go on dig them up, all of them...

And Daley is not some 17 year old, he is a 19 year old man, albeit with not a lot of experiance, but he does not have the natural skill for me, he is far too weak.

And Smude, his part in the goal? Well, wow, it was a 1 yard pass at the halfway line, I''m sure Doc has set more up.......

[/quote]

So you now expect a youngster with 2 games under his belt to have accomplished more than an appalling centre half who spent 5 years too many at our club and who played what was it 170 games plus???

I do not need to prove your opinions wrong, regular posters will know whose opinions have turned out to be nearer the button over the years and they sure as hell aren''t yours... [:P]

[quote user="Brendan"]:D how good that felt :) Been a while since good ol'' smudgey has corrected me or disagree''d with what ive said. But here''s the question, have you ever been corrected Smudge?[/quote]

Not yet Brendan, but you can keep trying... you never know... you just may be right ONE DAY eh??? [;)]

That aimed at me, Smudge? :P

There is a such thing as an Opinion where there isnt a right or wrong answer, unless its about how good Semi is :)

It is another example of trying to turn someone with pace into a footballer which sadly is the modern way of thinking nowadays. If these young lads do not have blistering pace they stand no chance of progressing through the ranks. Most also need to be six foot athletes to stand a chance (something the Spanish national team have made a mockery of recently) I know it was a different era but John Robertson (ex Forest) smoked 40 a day and was as slow as a steamroller but give him the ball and he would get half a yard and put the ball on a sixpence. This was because he was spotted as a footballer and not as an Olympic standard athlete. Would Jan Molby, one of the greatest players to grace the game, get a look in nowadays because of his build. It is not Daleys fault as he has made the most of the talents he has but has found that all opposing full backs (most of whom were probably scouted as wingers themselves) can match his pace and he needs something extra to make an impact and it is just not there and never will be.

[quote user="Brendan"]That aimed at me, Smudge? :P There is a such thing as an Opinion where there isnt a right or wrong answer, unless its about how good Semi is :)[/quote]

That is another opinion of yours that is wrong Brendan... [:P]

[quote user="Horse Manure"]It is another example of trying to turn someone with pace into a footballer which sadly is the modern way of thinking nowadays. If these young lads do not have blistering pace they stand no chance of progressing through the ranks. Most also need to be six foot athletes to stand a chance (something the Spanish national team have made a mockery of recently) I know it was a different era but John Robertson (ex Forest) smoked 40 a day and was as slow as a steamroller but give him the ball and he would get half a yard and put the ball on a sixpence. This was because he was spotted as a footballer and not as an Olympic standard athlete. Would Jan Molby, one of the greatest players to grace the game, get a look in nowadays because of his build. It is not Daleys fault as he has made the most of the talents he has but has found that all opposing full backs (most of whom were probably scouted as wingers themselves) can match his pace and he needs something extra to make an impact and it is just not there and never will be.[/quote]

Of course Molby and Robertson would still make it in the game today... but obviously they would have to cut down on some of their bad habits as you rightly say the game has become far quicker.

As for Molby being one of the greatest players to grace the game, I think that you are bigging him up just a little too much there surely???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Horse Manure"]It is another example of trying to turn someone with pace into a footballer which sadly is the modern way of thinking nowadays. If these young lads do not have blistering pace they stand no chance of progressing through the ranks. Most also need to be six foot athletes to stand a chance (something the Spanish national team have made a mockery of recently) I know it was a different era but John Robertson (ex Forest) smoked 40 a day and was as slow as a steamroller but give him the ball and he would get half a yard and put the ball on a sixpence. This was because he was spotted as a footballer and not as an Olympic standard athlete. Would Jan Molby, one of the greatest players to grace the game, get a look in nowadays because of his build. It is not Daleys fault as he has made the most of the talents he has but has found that all opposing full backs (most of whom were probably scouted as wingers themselves) can match his pace and he needs something extra to make an impact and it is just not there and never will be.[/quote]

Of course Molby and Robertson would still make it in the game today... but obviously they would have to cut down on some of their bad habits as you rightly say the game has become far quicker.

As for Molby being one of the greatest players to grace the game, I think that you are bigging him up just a little too much there surely???

[/quote]

I''m a fully paid up member of the ''large boned'' footballers union so maybe i was a little biased. He was some player though.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you now expect a youngster with 2 games under his belt to have accomplished more than an appalling centre half who spent 5 years too many at our club and who played what was it 170 games plus???

I do not need to prove your opinions wrong, regular posters will know whose opinions have turned out to be nearer the button over the years and they sure as hell aren''t yours... [:P]

[/quote]

He has played a dam sight more than 3 games, . He is nearly 20 and has only ever played less than 10 games, that tells me something.but the Doc comparison is wrong.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He has played a dam sight more than 3 games, . He is nearly 20 and has only ever played less than 10 games, that tells me something.but the Doc comparison is wrong.

[/quote]

His Stats...

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10355~43332,00.html

2 starts (one of which was in the league and only one full 90 mins under his belt), with 5 appearances from the bench.  Played out of position for at least half of that time and more likely for 80% of that time.

Please tell me what more you would of like to of seen from a youngster being used in such a way?