Sign in to follow this  
Iwan´s Left Foot

Luke Daley...

Paul Lambert obviously sees something in him to be playing him in the first team specially when we have more experienced players available...

Jamie

Whaley

McVeigh

to name just a few.

He will be offered a new contract no doubt.

He''s quite quick.  That''s all he''s got.  No touch, no vision, no passing or crossing ability to speak of.  Hopefully he''s still improving but he looks nowhere near a first team player.

No touch no vision . . . . . it was him that won the ball which set us on the way to the goal at MK Dons. He was one of the three 17 year olds so give the lad a break. He is better than Cureton and Cody is ill.

[quote user="chicken"]No touch no vision . . . . . it was him that won the ball which set us on the way to the goal at MK Dons. He was one of the three 17 year olds so give the lad a break. He is better than Cureton and Cody is ill.
[/quote]

1. Are you you saying that Cody and Cureton couldn''t have done what he did?

2. What did he do for the rest of the game?

[quote user="chicken"]No touch no vision . . . . . it was him that won the ball which set us on the way to the goal at MK Dons. He was one of the three 17 year olds so give the lad a break. He is better than Cureton and Cody is ill.[/quote]Have you got a link for this? I''ve had a hunt around but can''t find anything. Thanks.

He needs to bulk up, he needs to learn to cross and have some stamina in his running, he seems to be quick over 5 yards then that is it.

The only reason he is in the team is because he has some pace, he also must have impressed PL in training with his enthusiasm. I don''t think he has the quality to be in the team right now and for me, I doubt for the future. But I will give him my support home and away if he plays.

I think he has looked good going down the wing, but not so good cutting in and shooting. He can run past full-backs for fun, but of course his end product is still a little shabby, improvements will come if he is played more.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Paul Lambert obviously sees something in him to be playing him in the first team specially when we have more experienced players available... Jamie Whaley McVeigh to name just a few. He will be offered a new contract no doubt.[/quote]

Well said... [Y] and who is the better judge Lambert with a win ratio of 40% plus or you bunch of clowns (many of whom would rather see two players in the team who played a big part in getting us relegated)???

I think that Lambert has been doing the best with what he has at his disposal and if the board backed him then he would be able to win promotion.

The board will not back him though will they and the complete morons amongst us will pick the wrong targets to criticise as usual.

[quote user="chicken"]No touch no vision . . . . . it was him that won the ball which set us on the way to the goal at MK Dons. He was one of the three 17 year olds so give the lad a break. He is better than Cureton and Cody is ill.
[/quote]

This must be a first... the Chicken and Smudge agreeing on something.

You are spot on here though Chicken, Daley got slaughtered by some on here after MK Dons yet very few have admitted that he had a huge part to play in us scoring after just 17 seconds of that game.

What do some people expect from such a young player who has so little first team experience?  I think that he has shown something in every match for us so far that has warranted that he continues to play a part from the bench at the very least.

Daley has looked a bit useless in every game so far.

He would be like Cody imo, good to bring on. For the pace.

Hes lanky, but weak. Doesnt look to have all the confidence or skill to take players on. Dont think he should play for us tbh. A whaley situation maybe? Send him off somewhere? Would get him some good experience!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Just like you, we can have opinions. Daley is shite, that''s my opinion.

[/quote]

Yes... your opinions are proved constantly wrong while mine are proved constantly right (even though my opinions go widely against the grain at first)... [:P]

Daley is very raw but he''s got potential. With a good bit of management he could be very good though IMO.

[quote user="Brendan"]Daley has looked a bit useless in every game so far. He would be like Cody imo, good to bring on. For the pace. Hes lanky, but weak. Doesnt look to have all the confidence or skill to take players on. Dont think he should play for us tbh. A whaley situation maybe? Send him off somewhere? Would get him some good experience![/quote]

What does a 17 year old know about passing judgement on somebody of a similar age?

If I were you I would stick to passing judgement on schoolboy football Brendan, it is clearly all that you have the expertis to pass judgement on... [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Paul Lambert obviously sees something in him to be playing him in the first team specially when we have more experienced players available... Jamie Whaley McVeigh to name just a few. He will be offered a new contract no doubt.[/quote]

Well said... [Y] and who is the better judge Lambert with a win ratio of 40% plus or you bunch of clowns (many of whom would rather see two players in the team who played a big part in getting us relegated)???

I think that Lambert has been doing the best with what he has at his disposal and if the board backed him then he would be able to win promotion.

The board will not back him though will they and the complete morons amongst us will pick the wrong targets to criticise as usual.

[/quote]I think you''ve tied yourself in knots here, my shiny headed nemesis.Forget for a minute your rabid dislike for Hoolahan and Doherty.  Despite the summer cull and the players who left and were replaced by cheaper, inferior alternatives, it would appear that McNally & Lambert have been told to cut the wage bill yet further.What better way to do this than to sideline the two highest remaining earners at the club?Now, it just so happens that these two players are also the two players you think are rubbish.  But put that to one side for one minute because this is an economic fact, not a matter of opinion on two players.  We are even worse off than many of us had dare to think.  I think this, frankly, is terrifying.  I don''t believe Lambert is doing the best with the squad he has at his disposal, because I believe his best XI would include Hoolahan and Doherty - two players frozen out because we''re utterly broke.  If you honestly think Lambert''s playing his strongest XI and that Daley and Nelson are better than Hoolahan and Doherty, then your sentence "the complete morons amongst us will pick the wrong targets to criticise as usual" becomes spookily ironic.