Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Goalkeeper Managers?!?

I was thinking earlier, i cant think of many ex goalkeepers who are now managers. I mean good ones anyway, Gunn wasnt one. A

Just thought because they were in goal, they may have less of an idea of how to play on the field. Probably a load of old waffle.

Anyway, just can people please post managers who used to be goalkeepers who did well in management.

Obviously there are alot less goalkeepers than outfield players.

Cheers. [:)]

[quote user="Brendan"]

I was thinking earlier, i cant think of many ex goalkeepers who are now managers. I mean good ones anyway, Gunn wasnt one. A

Just thought because they were in goal, they may have less of an idea of how to play on the field. Probably a load of old waffle.

Anyway, just can people please post managers who used to be goalkeepers who did well in management.

Obviously there are alot less goalkeepers than outfield players.

Cheers. [:)]

[/quote]

Mike Walker?

[quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="Norwich"]Kevin Blackwell[/quote]

Didnt know he was a keeper. Good shout

[/quote]

Not a particularly good manager, in my opinion.

He''s got that sort of Steve McClaren way about him. Very much all out of the coaching manual.

Oobviously he''s done alright for himself though.

Sam Bartram - managed York City before being poached by Luton Town, after hanging up his gloves at Charlton. Some say the finest English goalkeeper never to win a full England cap.

Ray Clemmence managed Barnet and was at one time rumoured to be taking over as Norwich boss. Mervyn Day, managed Carlisle. Gil Merrick managed Birmingham in the early 60''s. Finally Chris Turner, now at Hartlepool but also managed Orient, Sheff Weds and Stockport.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Penfold"]Nigel Adkins.[/quote]

was a physio.. not a keeper

jas :)

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_AdkinsI think you''ll find I''m correct...