Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Malky on the move?

Sad to see the big man go, but it was always likely once it became clear that he wasn''t going to be first choice. At 32, he needs to play regularly. Last season he was in the form of his life. He broke into the Scottish national team and needs first team football to cement his place.

I don''t imagine that the club will demand much of a fee, because it will be malky who will want to move on and everybody concerned with the club will want to do the best by him after his years of loyal service. I''m sure that he''s desperately disappointed by Worthy''s decision not to pick him (injury notwithstanding) but you can see Nigel''s point of view given Malky''s lack of pace.

I wanted him to have his chance at the start of the season but, given the present circumstances, I think that we are going to have to accept the inevitable. I''m sure that it''s the right move for Malky, but I honestly don''t know if it''s the best move for us.

I hope I am not repeating what everyone else is saying, because I haven''t the time to read all the posts.

In my view he has done everything we could have asked of him. He has even improved as he has got older, like his distribution, which last year was not perfect, but much better than the hoof up front we were subjected to when he first arrived.

He is totally committed and works his socks off for the team. He creates chances in the opposition box and scores goals. The down side is he is not the fastest, but he often makes up for that with guile.

Overall, he is not and is unlikely to be our first choice, but he is a committed squad member, who is probably not on the highest salary. OK we could get a fee for him, but till January we would not have much cover and what would a replacement cost then?

Keep him.

well its up to him,

It could be the best for him, but he wants to stay in top flight.... well it up to him isnt it?
He doesnt have to say yes, but i feel with doc, charlton and fleming battling for a place (after we get a striker) i can see malkys chaces of starting getting even slimmer......

I say let him decide, whatever he does decided, good for him.

all the best to malky!

For all hes done, and the goals hes scored to get us here, (and the play-off final), he deserves to play. I mean he is an international and i would like to see if he can make it in the big time, he got us there and he deserves a chance. But like i said above it is up to him.

I''ve just logged onto the site for the first time today and to see the headline that Malkay was on his way was a real shock. However after a few minutes reading the posts on this board, I realise that I too am in the same mindset as the majority of posters i.e that it if we are getting a decent fee then it will probably do no harm to let him go - especially if he wants regular first team football.

Yes he might have been amazing against Spain the other night, but he would have to put in those sorts of performances week in week out in the Premiership - was he up to it?

What does worry me though as others have already said is the lack of depth in the squad - everyone was clamouring for another striker, but what about the cover at the back? Still it might mean that we start to see the emergence of Shackell as a class act - give the lad a chance now Nige!

So long Malkay - thanks for all your blood sweat and tears - we''ll all be sad to see you go, but we sure as hell won''t forget you - remember the man is guaranteed legend status with those two goals!

Very sad to see him go,I just hope Helveg starts to pull his finger out else this decision could come back to bite us in the a**e!!

It has been really interesting reading all the comments on here, and I''m not surprised that so many have had plenty to say on the matter.

To be honest I just don''t know how to feel.  The guy has given so much to the club and will never be forgotten if he decides to leave.  I want to believe that he has been to Worthy and asked about his position in the pecking order and that Worthy has been straight with him (and therefore given him an answer he probably didn''t want to hear, prompting HIS decision to ask to leave).

I guess we may never know if this is something akin to what has happened but I desperately don''t want to believe it''s for other reasons such as those mentioned elsewhere on this and other boards.  If it was then I would find that hard to understand let alone swallow.

And, yes, I sincerely hope that, if Malky goes, that his departure doesn''t come back to haunt us in some shape or form.  Whatever my pragmatist''s hat is causing me to think right now, I cannot help but just feel sad...genuinely sad.

i too would be sad to see malky go because apart from anything else he''s a real nice bloke , but deep down we all knew he would be done for pace in the prem so maybe its for the best . as for cover , has everyone forgot about shackell ?

Obviously l know there is no sentiment in football but l think Malky has been an absolute rock for Norwich , especially last season when he was an integral part of our Championship winning side . His superb form got Malky a richly deserved international call up for Scotland and inclusion in the Div 1 Team of the Year . l cannot understand why he has suddenly fallen out of favour with Worthy , when he was so indispensable last season . l think this is very hard on the guy who has always given 100% for the team , not only that has been a great ambassador for the club and deserves his chance to play in the Premiership , a prize he has worked damned hard for the right to play at the top in his adopted country .

lf he does wrap up his move to Coventry l think they have got an absolute bargain , but l''d like to wish him all the very best , to me , he is up there , as one of the best ever  players to play for Norwich City .