Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Hoolahan must play tomorow

Wilo, I think this is the best we can go for right now, but the right wing certainly worries me having Russell. When we have playde in down the middle i.e. Walsall we looked awful, we need width.

I would much rather we played 4-2-3-1 but this only works if the right side is attacking a lot down the wing as the left doesn''t with Lappin.

Why should Wes play tomorrow?

He doesn''t want to break the habit of a lifetime does he???

I think that he has found his level... Reserve team football for a mid-table Div 3 team.

[quote user="kc canary"]I am not, nor have i ever been, the biggest fan of hoolahan. I think this is because he has not been utilised in his best position. I believe he must start just behind the two strikers tomorow. As it looks like we are going to be missing hughes, we need someone to create something and i think hoolahan is the man to do it. with maybe korey playin a more defensive midfield role. Hoolahan will create chances and i believe martin and holt will convert these and give us the best possible chance of taking something from tomorows game[/quote]

i agree

Wherever we play Hoolahan we will always leave ourselves exposed to the opposition.

Hoolahan has a lot of fans (usually 14 year olds of whom the majority only care about the skill and flair aspect of football) there are equally those who see Hoolahan for what he is, a flair player who has no clue about team work and doesn''t perform consistantly enough to warrant a place in the starting 11.

How anyone can compare Hoolahan to Huckerby is beyond me but this has happened once or twice in the last few weeks.

For what its worth my team on Saturday its a bit messy for obvious reasons:

Forster (not foster)

Otsemobor Nelson (Spillane if Nelson not fit) Askou Drury (Lappin if Drury not fit)

McVeigh Smith Russell Lappin (Adeyemi if Lappin has to drop back)

Cureton (last chance Saloon! but I expect Martin who doesn''t bring the best from Holt) Holt

Hoolahan warrants a place on the bench due to injuries and may feature at some stage, but I just don''t see him as first choice I''m afraid.

[quote user="Helen"]I think they should give him a go, he impressed in the reserve game the other week.[/quote]

Maybe, but we lost that one, as others have said he does not give anything defensively. Possibly come on as impact player IF we are losing.

what do anyone see in Mcveigh he was awful against Mk Dons Lambert was furious with him. I suggest people who go today spend a minute or so just watching Lamberts body language it''s usually more entertaining than the game.

[quote user="jimbob"]what do anyone see in Mcveigh he was awful against Mk Dons Lambert was furious with him. I suggest people who go today spend a minute or so just watching Lamberts body language it''s usually more entertaining than the game.[/quote]

Agreed. Watching him and Culverhouse shouting and waving their hands is usually more entertaining than the match itself!

Hasn''t anyone noticed the one big difference now? Now we have a TEAM and not just a group of individuals.

Fair enough Hoolahan may be a gifted individual player but how many posters on here have been advocating different systems just to suit him?

If he cannot adjust his play to suit the team then surely the team should not be rearranged to suit his style of play.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Hasn''t anyone noticed the one big difference now? Now we have a TEAM and not just a group of individuals. Fair enough Hoolahan may be a gifted individual player but how many posters on here have been advocating different systems just to suit him? If he cannot adjust his play to suit the team then surely the team should not be rearranged to suit his style of play.[/quote]

Sorry it just doesn''t make any sense.

Barcelona played 4-3-3 most of last season and used Messi on the right of a front 3. I think most people would agree hes not an out and out striker and he''s not a right winger. He''s at his most devastating when he collects off the front and runs at the defence. Say a new manager came in and believed in a 4-4-2 and saw Henry and Ibra as his front 2 and didn''t see Messi as a right winger because he didn''t get back enough. Would you say that was good management, not accommodating one of your best players?

Most managers in the world accommodate the best players even if it means compromising their favourite system slightly.