Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Hoolahan must play tomorow

I am not, nor have i ever been, the biggest fan of hoolahan. I think this is because he has not been utilised in his best position. I believe he must start just behind the two strikers tomorow. As it looks like we are going to be missing hughes, we need someone to create something and i think hoolahan is the man to do it. with maybe korey playin a more defensive midfield role. Hoolahan will create chances and i believe martin and holt will convert these and give us the best possible chance of taking something from tomorows game

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Agreed. Encouraging to see the Lambert article on the front page.[/quote]Very encouraging. It looks like what I hoped for (but didn''t expect) may be happening; Lambert had to introduce some discipline & shape into the shambles he inherited, so couldn''t really use Wes as he is abit too random. Perhaps if he can get sufficient order into the team they can cope with that bit of creative randomness which Hoolahan introduces - to that extent he is similar to Hucks.

[quote user="kc canary"]I am not, nor have i ever been, the biggest fan of hoolahan. I think this is because he has not been utilised in his best position. I believe he must start just behind the two strikers tomorow. As it looks like we are going to be missing hughes, we need someone to create something and i think hoolahan is the man to do it. with maybe korey playin a more defensive midfield role. Hoolahan will create chances and i believe martin and holt will convert these and give us the best possible chance of taking something from tomorows game[/quote]

I have always liked Hoolahan and can''t understand why he has been dropped,i agree 100% with your post kc, Saturday he is a must!!!

i can understand why he has been dropped...im not going to slate him because there is no doubt he is a very talented footballer..but he didnt play well in the position he was being played in. poor performances lead to being dropped...hopefully he wil get a chance to play in a role where he can flourishand not have to worry about getting back to defend

I agreee KC canary. We need thing to give us a spark and I''m not Hoolahan''s biggest fan, but we looked uncreative on Monday after Hughes went off. Plus it might get some interest, and therefore potential cash, from other clubs if he plays well.

The irish wiz kid must produce if he starts, or i feel Mr Lambert will not take long to weild the axe for good!

Im afraid him coming out and saying wes has a future is a way to make a player who was all in all a first team regular until injury last season, and i for one think wes is a bit lightweight in this league if Daley is being muscled out of the game Wes will, as he did in pre-season against Wigan, yes he di create the winning goal but most of the game he was unfortunately not strong enough to keep hold of the ball!!

Sorry updated post

The irish wiz kid must produce if he starts, or i feel Mr Lambert will not take long to weild the axe for good!

Im afraid him coming out and saying wes has a future is a way to make a player who was all in all a first team regular until injury last season feel wanted, and i for one think wes is a bit lightweight in this league if Daley is being muscled out of the game Wes will, as he did in pre-season against Wigan, yes he di create the winning goal but most of the game he was unfortunately not strong enough to keep hold of the ball!!

[quote user="Yella Fella"]

Im afraid him coming out and saying wes has a future is a way to make a player who was all in all a first team regular until injury last season, and i for one think wes is a bit lightweight in this league if Daley is being muscled out of the game Wes will, as he did in pre-season against Wigan, yes he di create the winning goal but most of the game he was unfortunately not strong enough to keep hold of the ball!!

[/quote]

Agreed, he must play well if he starts or his chances will be severely limited.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

They''ve kissed and made up.

I''m confident that he''ll start tomorrow

[/quote]

Perhaps Hoolahans goal at Posh made up PG''s mind, we need Wes right behind the front two, give him the same roll he had at Blackpool.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote][:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote]

Perhaps Hoolahans goal at Posh made up PG''s mind, we need Wes right behind the front two, give him the same roll he had at Blackpool.

[/quote]

I do hope that he won''t devour it just before the game. [;)]

i think we shall a different hoolahan if he plays, i wont mind betting that he gets played in a different position to before i think its mor likely to be a 4 - 5 - 1 tomorrow

foster

semmy spillane askou wiggins

smith

daley lappin

hoolahan

holt martin

[quote user="gsr600"]i think we shall a different hoolahan if he plays, i wont mind betting that he gets played in a different position to before i think its mor likely to be a 4 - 5 - 1 tomorrow foster semmy spillane askou wiggins smith daley lappin hoolahan holt martin[/quote]

Don''t like the look of that midfield, definitely have McVeigh in there instead of Daley... I think Rusty may feature as well.

[quote user="gsr600"]i think we shall a different hoolahan if he plays, i wont mind betting that he gets played in a different position to before i think its mor likely to be a 4 - 5 - 1 tomorrow foster semmy spillane askou wiggins smith daley lappin hoolahan holt martin[/quote]

Wiggins wont start. he will be on the bench a couple of times before he starts. daley shouldn''t start, mcveigh looks a better player right now. and your formation isnt 4-5-1...its a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2

The squad would be too lightweight with both daley and hollahoop in the side!!

i hope to see him just behind the front two as if he plays him on the left again i fell we will get punished down that side again!!

My team would be, for what its worth and trying to guess Lambert from today''s press conference;

Forster

Otsemobor                          Nelson                               Askou                              Drury

Russell                                   Smith                           Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt                                           Martin

My Team:

Forster

Semmy Spillane Askou Drury

Smith Russell (Hoolahan) Lappin

(Hoolahan)

Holt Martin

The brackets indicate the drifting between both positions.

[quote user="Captain Holt"]My Team: Forster Semmy Spillane Askou Drury Smith Russell (Hoolahan) Lappin (Hoolahan) Holt Martin The brackets indicate the drifting between both positions.[/quote]

Like this! maybe have WLY in there instead of Smith though...