Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Anyone think tomorrow might be easier for us to play than against Walsall??

I know after Charlton''s storming start that might sound like crazy talk but hear me out.

Walsall came to Carra Rd with no intention to win, they were happy to take a point and try and stop us from playing. Charlton will be coming here high on confidence and looking to go out and play quite open attacking football as they have done this season.

I think that might suit us, it''ll provide a bit more space for our players especially, if he starts, Wes Hoolahan and they''ll make it easier for us to pass the ball a bit more and play a bit.

Thoughts???

we will win 3 -0 no problem at all - charlton are in the third division aren;t they , so not any better than us really

[quote user="gary "]we will win 3 -0 no problem at all - charlton are in the third division aren;t they , so not any better than us really[/quote]

they''re a tad better than us - I just have a good feeling about it.

I would love to see us win to put me in a better mood oever the weekend, but I can see it going much the same way as the MK Dons match tbh

[quote user="Dogger in Mid-Table"]

We will get well beaten in my opinion.

Not Lamberts fault but we are gonna be on a downer.

[/quote]

Sadly, the same here Dogger, the injuries in damn key areas will do for us..........I''d take a draw right now.

I''m usually really pessimistic but Charlton will come at us and go for it, there will be plenty of opportunity for both teams I just hope we take it.I think Deon Burton will score first, but we will draw 1-1

I think we will win but start badly and go one down, watch hoolahan come off the bench and score the winner.

Think Rusty will get the nod and have a good game, if the refs are afraid of taking their cards out that is lol!

tough game ahead i watched charlton on sky the other week they looked a fairly decent team and deserve to be top.a draw against them would be a good result.

It will probably be a better game of football and we may get more time and space to play. Yet the opposite also applies that Charlton will be capable of playing and exposing us at the back, which is my main concern.This will be a hard game and if we win I will be delighted.

If Hughes is fit then I might agree that Charlton will let us play a bit more.  Not much good if the centre backs keep lumping it, though.  I think we''ll get a lesson tomorrow.

If we have no good news on the injury front, especially with regards to Hughes and Drury, then Charlton will spank us and show us just how far off even a play-off place that we are until we get rid of the cook.

If you can predict a Norwich game then you can tell the future. We may well have an absolute blinder, get a bit lucky and win. Or we will get trashed. I mean what an aweful season we had last. But, we still beat the Champions 5-2.

[quote user="Smudger"]If we have no good news on the injury front, especially with regards to Hughes and Drury, then Charlton will spank us and show us just how far off even a play-off place that we are until we get rid of the cook.[/quote]

Oh FFS give it a rest shorty, even getting rid of her now will do no good or have you still not worked out this "transfer window" business?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Smudger"]If we have no good news on the injury front, especially with regards to Hughes and Drury, then Charlton will spank us and show us just how far off even a play-off place that we are until we get rid of the cook.[/quote]

Oh FFS give it a rest shorty, even getting rid of her now will do no good or have you still not worked out this "transfer window" business?

[/quote]

Oh so we should wait until January should we???

Get rid now, get new owner in and he/she may feel comfortable with spending some of their money by January, or do you think that these things just happen overnight???  [:$]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]If you can predict a Norwich game then you can tell the future. We may well have an absolute blinder, get a bit lucky and win. Or we will get trashed. I mean what an aweful season we had last. But, we still beat the Champions 5-2.[/quote]

Please don''t... win tomorrow and we will have fans saying that this squad is capable of winning the league when it quite clearly isn''t... [;)]

I think we will win 5-0 and surprise loan signing Huckerby will score a hat-trick and Cureton will get the other 2 (sorry being really silly now).

We can predict all we like but we have to face facts and after the pre season hype of new signings and friendly victories, we have to admit that we are not very good, even in the third division. It will take time and new faces to turn round this club and even then the ''right man, right club, right time'' factor needs to fall kindly . We need a strong manager with a single minded plan (I think Lambert fits this bill), a squad of players who all want to carry out this plan (probably halfway there) and then confidence from all concerned that the plan will work. If everything clicks in place confidence will build and results will follow. If the plan doesn''t work, the manager gets sacked, if the players don''t like the plan, the manager gets sacked. If the supporters don''t like the plan, tough sh*t. I just hope the plan involves playing some football!

As for tomorrow as a one off game of football, of course we can win but don''t get carried away just yet.

A good win here will inspire both players and fans, then lead to a few unbeaten runs and our promotion.(crosses fingers)

We are expected to lose this game so as the underdogs I think we will turn in a good performance and win 2-1. Holt and Hoolahan to score.

Good news ! I asked the missus for a runny fried egg and it was a hard one so kicked her out, THE COOK IS GONE !

I wasn''t aware that Delia was picking the team now. However well done for working your vitriol into this thread.

[quote user="Smudger"]If we have no good news on the injury front, especially with regards to Hughes and Drury, then Charlton will spank us and show us just how far off even a play-off place that we are until we get rid of the cook.[/quote]Yeah, because the majority shareholders leaving and taking what little money they have will not only mean we''ll have loads more money, but also our injury problems will magically disappear.Do you ever actually read your posts back before you post them?Who are Leicester playing today btw?

[quote user="paul moy"]We are expected to lose this game so as the underdogs I think we will turn in a good performance and win 2-1. Holt and Hoolahan to score.[/quote]

It could have been a perfect prediction but for the ''weakest link'' letting us down again  !!!   

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I''m usually really pessimistic but Charlton will come at us and go for it, there will be plenty of opportunity for both teams I just hope we take it.I think Deon Burton will score first, but we will draw 1-1[/quote]Mine wasn''t far wrong either

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]I''m usually really pessimistic but Charlton will come at us and go for it, there will be plenty of opportunity for both teams I just hope we take it.

I think Deon Burton will score first, but we will draw 1-1
[/quote]
Mine wasn''t far wrong either
[/quote]

Indeed !!  And in contrast it was the ''weakest link'' that helped you !!