Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Huckerby hangs up his boots

That''s rubbish news!! [:(] Very rare in recent times to think of someone as a true City legend but he was the real deal beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Cheers for what you did at our club Hucks!! [Y][B] 

Never really expected to see him playing for Norwich again, but still I feel sad [:''(]

Thanks for everything Hucks, we''ll never forget you 

"Don''t it always go to show, you don''t know what you''ve got till it''s gone"

No doubt he is feeling low at the moment and that is probably affecting his thinking. If he has a full recovery and gets back his full fitness who knows what may happen. Never say never. I still think he will be back.

Gutted for the guy.

But the rest of his life starts here. He can basically do whatever he wants in these parts. Go in to the media, coaching, pr, open a shop or a pub even... possibilities are endless!

[quote user="ref89"]Give it up, he''s gone.  Move on.
[/quote]

How inappropriate for this thread.

Cheers Hucks; thanks for a couple of great seasons - certainly head and shoulders above the rest in recent memory. A true City legend!!!!!!

Whatever happens now; the fact that when Roeder got rid of him, he could have gone to another Championship club. That he remained committed to Norwich and refused to play against us is a testament to his incredible loyalty, which is virtually extinct in the modern game.

It''s sad news and not news a lot of us wanted to hear, but I think deep down we all knew could happen.  The guy is a real NCFC legend and I hope he continues to come to CR and support the team he loves.  Maybe one day in the future we will see his lad don NC colours and run out for us.

Sad news but not unexpected, we were told that there would be an announcement today by a City legend on his future and I think pretty much everyone guessed what that news would be after his operation the other day. It''s obvious that his mind is made up and I don''t blame him one little bit. He''s made the right decision, finish it now or else something like that could dog him later on in life. It''s just a shame that he wasn''t given a chance to retire with us.

He has left City fans with some wonderful memories in the five years that he spent with us but, although I don''t agree with the way in which Roeder made him leave (he deserved better treatment than that for sure), it had become evident to me and one or two others that his star quality was beginning to fade at that time, since about 2006 if I''m honest. But in those three years previously (and some more, but inconsistent, glimpses of it during his last two seasons or so with us), he gave some fantastic, breathtaking performances. Opposition defenders and fans were scared witless of his sheer pace, trickery and canny eye for goal and he was one of the major reasons why we won the old Nationwide Division One title (now the Coca-Cola Championship of course) in 2004. It''s sad to think about how far away we are from that now and it''s sad to think that how it will probably be quite a long time before we see a player of Hucks'' ability and quality on that left wing again.

But we need him back around Norwich. We need him back around Colney and Carrow Road. We need his influence in the dressing room, we need his influence at the Colney Training Centre. I''m quite sure that the youngsters in the Academy would really benefit from his help and experience. He needs to get those coaching badges and work back where he truly belongs, where his wife Lindsey and their boys still are, in Norwich.

Come on Darren. Come on Hucks, you know you want to.

He says that we would not have been relegated if Roeder had not got rid of him a season too early. I don''t think there are many supporters who could disagree with that comment. [:''(]