Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Down to the minefield that is league 2 for me, & a bottom v top clash.

Darlington v Bournemouth - Away win

I think I''m on a bad run of 0 in 3 at the moment so probably best to ignore anything I say [;)]

Good luck Wazzy

Its Italy for me this week and the leaders of Serie A should extend their 100% record, so its...

Juventus v Livorno - Home Win

Good luck to all PUPs, and of course, especially Mr Wazz.

OTBC

Oxford United to beat Eastbourne Borough for me please, Oxford have started brightly and currently have a formidable home record of W4 D1 L0 whilst only shipping 2 goals in the process. Eastbourne cuurently sit mid table and have only won once on the road.

Oxford United v Eastbourne Borough - Home Win

N.N, I am also away next week so would you be able to put me down for Kettering Town to beat Ebbsfleet United for 26th Sept. Cheers.

Good luck Wazz - heres hoping you can make some more of Billy Dixons money magically disappear!!! [;)]

A tough week, with the top 4 in the premiership playing each other, the top 2 in the championship playing each other, and quite a few of the other fixtures in the leagues between teams with not much distance between them, some of the normally obvious picks aren''t available.  Villa, Arsenal, Leeds, look like good picks, but I''ve tried to offer something slightly different that might give some value with Billy Dixon.MK Dons are travelling well (2-1-0 away record), perhaps that''s not surprising if they injure 3 players every game.  Wycombe seemed to be in disarray when they visited here, and have a home record so far of 1-1-1, so my pick is...Wycombe - MK Dons : Away winBest of luck Wazz !

Right folks, had to have a good scour round this week for something that appeals but have settled on Ross County to beat Ayr Utd.  Ross are at home and top of the shop with 4 straight wins whilst second bottom Ayr have not been able to score lately and have no win in 6.

Arsenal for me too please. Good luck guys. Nutty i think you''re right in looking at new ways to do it, you''ve done it so well since you''ve taken over, and i''m sure no one else could run it better than you, but the ultra competitive person that i am, wonders why north east canarie is above me making 3 out of 3 correct whilst i''m on 5 out of 6 and yet he''s above me? Surely although the percentage is very important, the most amount of correct picks should be how it''s done? Only a suggestion.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Arsenal for me too please. Good luck guys. Nutty i think you''re right in looking at new ways to do it, you''ve done it so well since you''ve taken over, and i''m sure no one else could run it better than you, but the ultra competitive person that i am, wonders why north east canarie is above me making 3 out of 3 correct whilst i''m on 5 out of 6 and yet he''s above me? Surely although the percentage is very important, the most amount of correct picks should be how it''s done? Only a suggestion.
[/quote]

Sorry Bob but I didn''t mean I was looking for new rules, just new ways to publish the stats. The rules work well. In order to appear in the league the PUP has to have picked in half the available weeks. This means that by the end of the season they will have to have had at least 20 selections in order to be included. So while you have a point here I reckon the anomolies won''t be so great at the end. Last season 12 PUPs finished on 100% but only picked in 4 weeks or less so didn''t feature. The winner was Inchy with 35/40 88%, second was Shaun with 33/39 85% and third was Fonejacker with 17/20 85%. So you can see that where the percentage tied the amount of picks is used as a "goal difference" for want of a better word.

I love the competition between us PUPs on here. When I started compiling the PUPs League Ray told me that in his opinion those stats would appeal to peoples competetive nature and make the Free Bet more popular. He was right and I wish he could be here to see what we have now. There''s around 65 picking each week now and already this season 83 have made a selection at one point or another. So you keep being competetive and go for it. Winning a league is a very hard thing to do whatever the rules. Ideally it would be great if everyone picked every week but it''s not going to happen and the 50% rule is about as fair as we could come up with.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

N.N, I am also away next week so would you be able to put me down for Kettering Town to beat Ebbsfleet United for 26th Sept.

[/quote]

Duly noted my friend [Y]

I''m going to Sweden this week. The Swedish League is nearly three quarters done and Gothenburg who are one point off top are at home to Hammarby. Gothenburg have scored 7 and conceded 0 in their last three while Hammarby have scored 0 and conceded 5. There was no draining midweek European game for Gothenburg either so they''re banker material for me.

Gothenburg     V     Hammarby     Home Win.

Hi Wazzock - really enjoyed our chat at the Pups meet - you''re a cracking fella and deserve a good win this week![Y]

I''ve got my eye on 3 this week, and all of them will be going on my personal line of six this week.

Bangor City v THE NEW SAINTS

Newtown v RHYL

Porthmadog v LLANELLI

All the above are AWAY WINS and should add value to any of your lines this week.

But for the purpose of my Nap, I''ll take LLANELLI away to Porthmadog

Kev, Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Hi Wazzock - really enjoyed our chat at the Pups meet - you''re a cracking fella and deserve a good win this week![Y]

Kev, Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

[:$]

My nap is Aston Villa to beat Portsmouth, pompey are under pressure after a dodgy start, should be a villa win.

Good luck 1st wazzock and all pickers, hope it''s a good week!

It''s been a choice between two for me this week, in Austria LASK Linz vs. Austria Kärnten looks like a really good home banker, but at the end of the day I keep coming back to Croatia where the Dinamo Zagreb home train won''t come to a halt against Rijeka who aren''t great travellers.

Dinamo Zagreb vs. HNK Rijeka - Dinamo victory

Good luck everyone, best of luck Wazz[:)][Y]