Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week seven of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend 1st Wazzock in charge and making the final selections. Wazzy is a real free bet veteran and was an ever present both last season and this. He also comes into his week in cracking form having selected a correct nap in each of the last three weeks. Wazzy has a great sense of humour and needs no help to put a smile on our faces but I know he is looking forward to all our help to find 6 selections to Ray''s funds for FONCY. So let''s all give our very best nap both for Wazzy and our football club.

Once again on Monday evening I was proud to see Tom Adeyemi, Luke Daley and Korey Smith playing for our first team. There is no doubt that the money raised on the free bet has helped these exciting youngsters along their way. I''m sure there''s more to come too.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Wazzy now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Steve... the free bet is yours.........[:)].....

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, yes Norfolkchance1 £639 for the Academy,so far.

It''s off to sunny Spain for me this week, after having a little euro success in the French league last week. Real Madrid are reaping the many benefits a €200m cash injection can provide, and have started the season well, scoring six times in two games. Deportivo Xerez, on the other hand, are playing in La Liga for the first team in their history, and have taken nothing from the opening two games. Not great odds I''m afraid, but I guess it all counts, so.......Real Madrid vs Deportivo Xerez - home winGood luck everyone!

I had a good time in spain last week, so why bother changing?? There is none [:D]

So for me its the same team as last week Real Madrid who have played 2 won 2 to beat Xerez who have done the opposite played 2 lost 2!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I had a good time in spain last week, so why bother changing?? There is none [:D]

So for me its the same team as last week Real Madrid who have played 2 won 2 to beat Xerez who have done the opposite played 2 lost 2!!

[/quote]

good luck WAZZ

i always forget the good luck bit !!

Looks a difficult week to me Wazz, so first of I offer you all the luck in the world.

My selection, IMHO we missed out on one of the best up and coming managers in the country not once but twice! and after the initial impact of winning away at Derby in mid week i am taking Mark Robbins to continue his influence at Barnsley and tip them to beat an average Swansea City with out Roberto at the helm.

Barnsley v''s Swansea Home win

I''ve looked through all the leagues and I was ever so tempted to go along with Real Madrid as it does look like the best option. However, I''ve changed my mind and I will throw another possibility into the games for Wazzock to chose from. In picking this team I''m also doing something I very rarely do - back the away team to win!

Galatasaray are joint top of the Turkish league having won all of their 5 games, scoring 17 times in the process! Their opponents, Kasimpasa SK, are bottom having lost each of their games. Their two home games have resulted in 3-1 and 4-0 losses - these were not even against strong opposition.

Kasimpasa SK V Galatasaray - Away win [:O]!

I''m tipping Leeds to stroll past Gillingham, home win.Missed it last week, is there any word on the ''league table'', Nutty? Got a feeling I''m not doing so bad this year....

Being from Greek Cypriot ancestry I follow Greek and Cypriot football results, and last week was amazed at Olympiakos'' shock short coming that left quite a few of us scratching our heads. This week I''m avoiding greece but going for the cypriot league which after recent success in europe is getting a good break (and now has odds being quoted on it). So this week I''m going for Omonia (if I had a team in cyprus I''d be rooting for these guys, even though they haven''t won the league in a while (after dominating it)). So Omonia to beat Ethnikos. Ethnikos are the perennial mid-table team, Omonia will be either 2nd or will win the title and they''ll get 3 points this weekend!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week seven of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend 1st Wazzock in charge and making the final selections. Wazzy is a real free bet veteran and was an ever present both last season and this. He also comes into his week in cracking form having selected a correct nap in each of the last three weeks. Wazzy has a great sense of humour and needs no help to put a smile on our faces but I know he is looking forward to all our help to find 6 selections to Ray''s funds for FONCY. So let''s all give our very best nap both for Wazzy and our football club.

Once again on Monday evening I was proud to see Tom Adeyemi, Luke Daley and Korey Smith playing for our first team. There is no doubt that the money raised on the free bet has helped these exciting youngsters along their way. I''m sure there''s more to come too.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Wazzy now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Steve... the free bet is yours.........[:)].....

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, yes Norfolkchance1 £639 for the Academy,so far.

[/quote]

Thanks Nutty, c''mon all you PUPS let''s be havin you !!!

I''ll make the final pick Friday evening.

Good luck to you all, let''s make this a winning week and a great year in memory of that lovely old boy Ray.

Good luck Wazzy, at least it will deflect you from posting offensive jokes[;)]

This week I''m going to have to go for Galactico United, much as I hate Ronaldo,so my nap is Real Madrid to beat Xerez. As I''ll be in Spain I''ll raise a glass of sangria to you and all my lovely fellow Pups![D]

Nutty, as I''ll be away next weekend (26th) can I put my pick in now, please? I going for Liverpool v Hull HOME win. Cheers!

This week I''m heading back to Blighty, after some success in Europe [;)]

Struggled to find something I liked the look of!!  But finally gone to the Championship:

NEWCASTLE -v- Plymouth  HOME WIN

Good Luck Wazz and all PUPs!!  [H]

I''m heading to Spain and hopefully picking a bit of value.  I fancy DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA at home against Espanyol.  Deportivo are very tough to beat at home and Espanyol seem to be early relegation fodder having not scored a goal in their 1st 2 matches.. So there''s my pick, Deportivo HOME WIN over Espanyol.

So many of the British "good things" look iffy to me this week, but after their great come back in Europe last night I am encouraged to plump my faith in Arsenal reproducing their earlier League form and putting Wigan to the sword !

ARSENAL v Wigan = HOME WIN

Good luck Wazz ![:D]