Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Delia Smith, you are an utter disgrace!

I''m trying to say this without sarcasm, but if you''re Paul Lambert, are you going to spaff your budget on a player you could have got for less? He''s coming to the end of his contract - of course you dive in low, and hope to get him on the cheap. Let''s not go looking for things to criticise.

[quote user="Allez17"]I''m trying to say this without sarcasm, but if you''re Paul Lambert, are you going to spaff your budget on a player you could have got for less? He''s coming to the end of his contract - of course you dive in low, and hope to get him on the cheap. Let''s not go looking for things to criticise.
[/quote]

Well I wouldnt have thought that needed saying, of course he is going to try and get him on the cheap. However we know from passt experience that this club has done things on the cheap and it has come back to bite them, e.g.., cheap management appointments at the front end has resulted in compensation payments and the cost of player churn.Then there was the time when we wouldn''t pay £200k for Emblen (not sure of the spelling!) and he was later transferred for £1m twice and how can we forget the Hulse "bid".

Moreover I''m not criticising Lambert as I think he is doing a good job and its his call as to the value of a player. However I hope its a case of him haggling and not insufficient funds being made available to him.

Some people are idiots, the amount of time, effort and money shes put in, and oh she is looking for a new owner, no one has come in! How stupid of delia not to sell our club on the cheap to someone who doesnt realise what this club is about, how badly its obviously her fault that no one has come in. For goodness sake some of you really have no intellagence at all do you. Shes been great for this club, she realises it needs more money now and is trying her best to find investment, its not like buying a tin of bake beans, it might take a while! So please put some thought it to what you say, and try not to make yourself look like a complete idiot by starting a post like this!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Allez17"]I''m trying to say this without sarcasm, but if you''re Paul Lambert, are you going to spaff your budget on a player you could have got for less? He''s coming to the end of his contract - of course you dive in low, and hope to get him on the cheap. Let''s not go looking for things to criticise.
[/quote]

Well I wouldnt have thought that needed saying, of course he is going to try and get him on the cheap. However we know from passt experience that this club has done things on the cheap and it has come back to bite them, e.g.., cheap management appointments at the front end has resulted in compensation payments and the cost of player churn.Then there was the time when we wouldn''t pay £200k for Emblen (not sure of the spelling!) and he was later transferred for £1m twice and how can we forget the Hulse "bid".

Moreover I''m not criticising Lambert as I think he is doing a good job and its his call as to the value of a player. However I hope its a case of him haggling and not insufficient funds being made available to him.

[/quote]

Tangie - what do you value the player at?

Canary till I die! stated:

''Some people are idiots, the amount of time, effort and money shes put in, and oh she is looking for a new owner, no one has come in! How stupid of delia not to sell our club on the cheap to someone who doesnt realise what this club is about, how badly its obviously her fault that no one has come in. For goodness sake some of you really have no intellagence at all do you. Shes been great for this club, she realises it needs more money now and is trying her best to find investment, its not like buying a tin of bake beans, it might take a while! So please put some thought it to what you say, and try not to make yourself look like a complete idiot by starting a post like this!''
-------------------------------

Are you drunk? You can''t be you haven''t messed up your spelling. Lol!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tangie - what do you value the player at?

[/quote]

Hi Nutty,

I would try to settle for  something like £125k - £150k plus some add ons e.g., £25k upon promotion to The Championship (if he still part of our squad) and maybe another £25k upon promotion to The Prem (if he is still part of our squad). Obviously we have gone low and they went high. So if we want him badly enough and they want to avoid a tribunial then a comprimise will be reached.

What do you think his value is?

Me Tangie mate? I don''t have a flippin'' clue what he''s worth!

The days where you can value players seem long gone. It seems we deal in whole packages now. Transfer fee, agents fee and wages. And by the time the clubs and agents have finished muddying the waters I doubt anyone really knows.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The days where you can value players seem long gone. It seems we deal in whole packages now. Transfer fee, agents fee and wages. And by the time the clubs and agents have finished muddying the waters I doubt anyone really knows.

[/quote]

According to the Exeter City writer for the local paper your offer is below £50k.  I can''t vouch for that but he says that is what he has been told "off the record".  The reporter has a good track record on City info.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

According to the Exeter City writer for the local paper your offer is below £50k.  I can''t vouch for that but he says that is what he has been told "off the record".  The reporter has a good track record on City info.

[/quote]

OK.. same question to you Cam.. what do you think he''s worth?

Never mind what Exeter City think I should imagine the most important offer here would be the one to the player.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]And your track record reminds me to take that with a pinch of salt.

Youre going to get shot CTID......surely you have realised by now that there are certain quarters on this board that think Delia is to blame for World War 2, Bin Laden, swine flu, bird flu, the recession and Gordon Brown. 

Before anyone takes another pop, I think that the previous board, DELIA INCLUDED have made some horrendous muck-ups that have resulted in our relegation to league 1.  This decline actually started with the board before that - including Chase - letting Martin O Neill go and thus ending a chance of getting back in the Prem at the 1st attempt

What DS is NOT responsible for is an offer below Exeter''s valuation.  OK we''re low on defensive options but I''ll say 2 words.  Matthew Gill.  Would you really spend 150k on another one of those?

Whatever your Manager thinks he is worth to prise him away from City is the answer I believe.  Like you I have no idea but in short however much you are prepared to go to if he is that important to you.

Barclay hero - I think you should remember that the decline actually started when Watling sold Ron Davies to Southampton for £40,000. This created unrest amongst the fans and I distinctly remember that disgraceful Zigger Zagger chanting in your stand.

And I''m led to believe that many fans who would otherwise go to games have been boycotting ever since.

So we have put in a "low and derisory" bid for a player according to Exeter. I suppose we will have to wait and see if anyone else comes in for him or whether Lambert ups our bid because at the moment no one seems to know the guy''s true value.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Whatever your Manager thinks he is worth to prise him away from City is the answer I believe.  Like you I have no idea but in short however much you are prepared to go to if he is that important to you.[/quote]

With respect Cam I would suggest that it''s more important where the player wants to go. Exeter can start as many auctions as they like but the player doesn''t have to sign anywhere he doesn''t want to go.

Barclay hero - I think you should remember that the decline actually started when Watling sold Ron Davies to Southampton for £40,000. This created unrest amongst the fans and I distinctly remember that disgraceful Zigger Zagger chanting in your stand.

And I''m led to believe that many fans who would otherwise go to games have been boycotting ever since.

[/quote]

True Nutty - but theyre not actually boycotting...theyre just dead....theres a difference

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]So we have put in a "low and derisory" bid for a player according to Exeter. I suppose we will have to wait and see if anyone else comes in for him or whether Lambert ups our bid because at the moment no one seems to know the guy''s true value.[/quote]

According to Exeter other clubs have been watching him - allegedly at least one from the Championship. You can rest assured his agent will know the precise details of the Norwich bid and if other clubs are interested will play one off against another.

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

True Nutty - but theyre not actually boycotting...theyre just dead....theres a difference

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

Well, it''s life, mate, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it[8]

Ouch Nigel, it''s late on a Friday night, had a few drinks with the lady...and now you''ve got me trawling YouTube for awful music videos she has no recollection of.  I''m in trouble.

When you''re as old as me you end up searching for awful music videos you wish you''d already forgotten[;)]

[/quote]

Just come off you tube listening to Paddy Roberts belle of barking Creek

I tell the tale of a.........

Now that is scary

Isn''t youtube wonderful?I''ve just discovered Frank Zappa:I might be movin'' to Montana soonJust to raise me up a crop of Dental Floss Raisin'' it upWaxen it downIn a little white boxI can sell uptown .............

I''ve just been through the 80''s/early 90''s, through to Michael Bolton, of all people.  Horrendous, and not just the hair!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK.. same question to you Cam.. what do you think he''s worth?

Never mind what Exeter City think I should imagine the most important offer here would be the one to the player.

[/quote]

OK Nutty, as you seem unwilling to attempt to put a value on Danny Seaborne, then maybe you could tell us if you think Lambert has any chance of getting him for under £100k unless it is at the end of the season (when Seaborne''s contract has expired and we have either won promotion or both Scunthorpe and Peterborough have been relegated)?

Seeing as the two mentioned Championship clubs have shown interest in him and Paul Lambert is apparently a "Huge Fan" how little value do you think that Mr Lambert himself places on Danny Seaborne''s signature, or is it simply a case that our directors are unwilling to back their new manager with cold hard cash???  [:|]

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Youre going to get shot CTID......surely you have realised by now that there are certain quarters on this board that think Delia is to blame for World War 2, Bin Laden, swine flu, bird flu, the recession and Gordon Brown. 

Before anyone takes another pop, I think that the previous board, DELIA INCLUDED have made some horrendous muck-ups that have resulted in our relegation to league 1.  This decline actually started with the board before that - including Chase - letting Martin O Neill go and thus ending a chance of getting back in the Prem at the 1st attempt

What DS is NOT responsible for is an offer below Exeter''s valuation.  OK we''re low on defensive options but I''ll say 2 words.  Matthew Gill.  Would you really spend 150k on another one of those?

[/quote]

If Paul Lambert is a "Huge Fan" of Danny Seaborne''s then I would rather accept the fact that he would like to sign a particular player as an endorsement that goes rather further than your own or that of Mr Bryan Gunn.  Of course our directors would rather quibble over another £50k to £150k and rely on throwing 18yr olds in week in week out for the entire campaign with their fingers crossed that Lambert & Co can keep performing their miracles!

Didn''t we lose out on another centre-half from Birmingham CIty who if we would of spent the extra £100k or so on then we would probably have never been relegated?  I know that many would like to believe that this was soley that horible Mr Roeder''s doing, but I am of the thinking that the cook and Co were too tight with the cash then and it came back to bite them and Roeder in the bum.  Seems it is never once bitten twice shy at Carrow Road though???

[quote user="Smudger"]

Didn''t we lose out on another centre-half from Birmingham CIty who if we would of spent the extra £100k or so on then we would probably have never been relegated?  I know that many would like to believe that this was soley that horible Mr Roeder''s doing, but I am of the thinking that the cook and Co were too tight with the cash then and it came back to bite them and Roeder in the bum.  Seems it is never once bitten twice shy at Carrow Road though???

[/quote]

It seems that they were haggling over £250k re Taylor.

They must have lots of bites in their posterior by now! Lol!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]The facts of the Taylor case (which is so much water under the bridge) are well-known and from time to time Smudger will - very grudgingly - accept them. Only to go back to his preferred (and fictional) anti-Smith and Jones version when he thinks no-one is looking. Necessitating another rebuttal.QPR bid £1.25m. Birmingham accepted. Taylor rejected the idea of moving to London. We then offered £750,000. Birmingham asked for £1m. Roeder publicly said Taylor wasn''t worth that. Whether he meant that, or whether - as is possible - he was privately gambling that Birmingham would drop the price once they''d signed Gary Cahill, is irrelevant. But the idea that Roeder was covering up for the board, taking the blame for something (in this case a lack of finance) that wasn''t his fault, is absurd. That was not Roeder''s style. If the board had refused the extra £250,000 he either would have hinted at that, or stayed silent. He certainly would not have taken it all on himself by denigrating Birmingham''s valuation..

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

The facts of the Taylor case (which is so much water under the bridge) are well-known and from time to time Smudger will - very grudgingly - accept them. Only to go back to his preferred (and fictional) anti-Smith and Jones version when he thinks no-one is looking. Necessitating another rebuttal.

QPR bid £1.25m. Birmingham accepted. Taylor rejected the idea of moving to London. We then offered £750,000. Birmingham asked for £1m. Roeder publicly said Taylor wasn''t worth that. Whether he meant that, or whether - as is possible - he was privately gambling that Birmingham would drop the price once they''d signed Gary Cahill, is irrelevant.

But the idea that Roeder was covering up for the board, taking the blame for something (in this case a lack of finance) that wasn''t his fault, is absurd. That was not Roeder''s style. If the board had refused the extra £250,000 he either would have hinted at that, or stayed silent. He certainly would not have taken it all on himself by denigrating Birmingham''s valuation.

[/quote]

Yes and no.  Roeder''s version is slightly different.  I honestly don''t know whose valuation of £750k it was but GR says that is what Norwich offered and was "accepted" only for Miss KB to go back on the deal within 48 hours and demand MORE than a million which you either wouldn''t or couldn''t pay.  Either way it is tragic because he loved his time with you.

[quote]I honestly don''t know whose valuation of £750k it was but GR says that

is what Norwich offered and was "accepted" only for Miss KB to go back

on the deal[/quote]Sounds to me like Miss Brady doesn''t really know what she''s doing. But I guess she''s not that cook woman, so should be welcomed with open arms if Sullivan comes a calling ?