Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

We will be fine..

..just give it time..please!

Mr Lambert''s not a miracle worker; but he has whatever anyone says turned the squad around in a very short space of time. I don''t post on here very often any more, but the negativity once again, drives me mad and i feel obliged to say something!

I''m afriad there are not many teams in this division that will be able to cope with losing two of your best, and most experienced players within half an hour; and having no chance to make a tactical switch due to injuries. Yes, MK Dons had men missing, but there is a difference; they could prepare for it; we couldn''t; when you lose players like that and a reshuffle is forced you can''t do any more...we lost rhthym and that was to be expected. You have to remember, we lost Hughes on top of Gill, OTJ and Russel (like them or not), there experience would have held us together, playing in their right position helps. We also were forced into moving Lappin,  with our other left back still injured). Mcveigh in the middle as well; we were stuck. And no chance of bringing on Cody or Whalley to liven things up.

I''ll end thgat bit their before i bore you all to death; but that isn''t an excuse, it''s a fact.

If we can get near to our strongest X1 out on the pitch for 90 minutes we will compete with anyone in this league. Askou was impressive, Drury is a good player, Hughes is Key and Holt is just what we need. Smith & Martin are both showing what they can do as well.

1 Month ago we were huimbled 7-1 at home by Col U, with a leaky defence and a club in disarray; now we have a manger who has organmised the team, made us hard to breakdown and importantly hard to beat.

Mr Lambert knows we need pace; and hopefully a solution will be found; and in my eyes, for now that will be the final piece of the jigsaw.

If we''d have drew 1-1 tonight, it would have been a great result in the circurmstances; but we didnt and its all doom and gloom. All we needed was an injury free evening, a referee that gave decisions both ways or Martin to head in for 2-0 and we wouldnt have lost the game. All Iffs and buts i know, but reasonable ones to point out.

Yes, the league position isn''t great, but we are a club in transition; a transition that i  believe will lead us to the top 6 come May.

Be Patient, Wait, and watch and with a little bit of luck mixed in we will be fine; and Smudger....you really are so predictable....SNORE!

Good post. Losing tonight was very frustrating but that frustration is a result of us being good enough to win but falling agonisingly short.

I think the injuries actually cost us 4 players as lappin was essentially taken out of the match too.

They weren''t better than us, they just had the rub of the green on the night.

Fine; as i said in my post, Play Offs.

Catching the top two already is looking tough, given the mayhem in August that is hardly suprising, , but we do have enough to get in the play offs im convinced.

We do need an injection of pace, and we need to find a way of grinding out wins on a regular basis at home. If we do that we look sound, as for a change, we are now looking like a side capable of picking up results away from home.

The playoffs results in 2 things, going up or staying where you are and that doesn''t feel fine to me. If we don''t go up, then next season its likely we will have Southampton with all their cash and Notts County with all their cash, plus the 3 relegated teams to contend with.

[quote user="Downloads"]

The playoffs results in 2 things, going up or staying where you are and that doesn''t feel fine to me. If we don''t go up, then next season its likely we will have Southampton with all their cash and Notts County with all their cash, plus the 3 relegated teams to contend with.

[/quote]

If, thats the case we will deal with that in 12 Months time.

Teams with cash don''t always do well (ask the scum); whose to say we won''t have a cash injection, and finally whose to say we won''t win the play offs; they are a lottery, but once we get there i wouldnt bet against us.

[quote user="Downloads"]

then next season its likely we will have Southampton with all their cash

[/quote]WHAT !They make the binners look like a financially stable club.

I can''t see how we will be fine when we''re already so far behind the leaders that it''ll take a minor miracle to get auto promotion even at this early stage, we just don''t seem to be good enough even at this level to grind out the regular wins that will see us climb the table. I can''t see things improving significantly until Smith and Jones sell up to someone who is prepared to put serious money into the club, even if by some miracle we do get promoted the chronic lack of funds will prevent us being competetive.

Half term Report...so i thought i''d bounce this back!

I said under Lambert 3 months ago we''d be fine, that play offs would be achieved; and a few of you weren''t convinced. 3 Months on, and touchwood, it looks like i was also being cautious. Mr Lambert has worked miracles in his 4 months in charge, and long may it continue. Where is Smudger and his failure loving cronies now?

Off to Wallsall i go on Monday, the last time i went there we were on our way up in the championship, Peter Crouch sent off in a 3-1 win i seem to remember..Kick it off!!

[quote user="kdncfc"]

I can''t see how we will be fine when we''re already so far behind the leaders that it''ll take a minor miracle to get auto promotion even at this early stage, we just don''t seem to be good enough even at this level to grind out the regular wins that will see us climb the table. I can''t see things improving significantly until Smith and Jones sell up to someone who is prepared to put serious money into the club, even if by some miracle we do get promoted the chronic lack of funds will prevent us being competetive.

[/quote]

You may want to reconsider one or two of the points made here!!

Is your glass always half empty???[:D]

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

You may want to reconsider one or two of the points made here!!

Is your glass always half empty???[:D]

[/quote]

More than happy to admit I was hopelessly wrong, I''m sure there were plenty of others who saw things the same way back then. Our performance since Lambert has taken over has been nothing short of remarkable, still stand by the last point about us not being competetive in the Championship without investment though. Lets hope if the investment fails to materialise  that I''m as wrong about that as I was about us not being good enough to win regularly at this level 

[quote user="Huddy "]

Half term Report...so i thought i''d bounce this back!

I said under Lambert 3 months ago we''d be fine, that play offs would be achieved; and a few of you weren''t convinced. 3 Months on, and touchwood, it looks like i was also being cautious. Mr Lambert has worked miracles in his 4 months in charge, and long may it continue. Where is Smudger and his failure loving cronies now?

Off to Wallsall i go on Monday, the last time i went there we were on our way up in the championship, Peter Crouch sent off in a 3-1 win i seem to remember..Kick it off!!

[/quote]

I will be at Walsall tomorrow and then Wycombe on 2nd Jan, cheering on Lambert and the boys.

I still see little evdience that much has changed at the club apart from those in the boardroom being forced to put football first and McNally showing the nerve to not be nice little Norwich and go and secure the services of a manager who had already shown that he had what it took to build teams and grind out results on a limited budget.

Of course you may view promotion as a massive success where as I view anything less a disgrace given the backing our club has recieved over many years.  Will you give Delia & Co more time to get things wrong even if we do win promotion and find ourselves struggling again next season?

Anything less than a play-off push in the Championship for NCFC is significant failure in my eyes and probably most City fans eyes from a similar era, or others who realise the enormous potential a club with such a magnificent fan base has.