Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Doherty: My Norwich career is all but over

Totally agree with the comments above. Glad he isn''t playing for us any longer, and that the manager has spotted that he can''t be relied upon 100% in any game, meaning that he is likely to be the cause of conceded goals, which he often was.

However, it''s a bit sad to hear him in that last interview -- but sounds like Lambert has said it to him as it is: he has gone a bit stale. And all in all it would be best for him to go somewhere else and hopefully kick on from there.

All the best to him, but don''t really want to see him in a permanent figure in our side again: unless he suddenly becomes brilliant or something.

While I think Doc needs to be replaced I also think he deserves big thank you for his efforts over the last 5 years. He is undoubtedly a Marmite kind of player, but, despite his obvious shortcomings, I believe that he''s always given everything for us on the pitch, so maybe a little compassion on here would be nice .......

I must admit, although he has been the constant in the demise of our team, I feel a little pee''d off the way Lambert is treating such a good servant to the club. Doc has been one of those that gives his all and has shown loyalty. I''m not saying the time isn''t right for him to go, but I don''t like Lambert''s shut door attitude to Doc and Hooly. They don''t deserve that kind of treatment.

Yea hasn''t come a moment too soon.

I don''t think he has been treated badly at all. Lambert has been honest enough to say Doc isn''t part of his plans. Rather that than tell him he is part of it and then not use it.

The best managers have to make tough calls and he has got this one spot on.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]I must admit, although he has been the constant in the demise of our team, I feel a little pee''d off the way Lambert is treating such a good servant to the club. Doc has been one of those that gives his all and has shown loyalty. I''m not saying the time isn''t right for him to go, but I don''t like Lambert''s shut door attitude to Doc and Hooly. They don''t deserve that kind of treatment.[/quote]

What a hypocritical statement. If you don''t believe he is good enough what else would you do with him?

[quote user="Beauseant"]While I think Doc needs to be replaced I also think he deserves big thank you for his efforts over the last 5 years. He is undoubtedly a Marmite kind of player, but, despite his obvious shortcomings, I believe that he''s always given everything for us on the pitch, so maybe a little compassion on here would be nice .......[/quote]

I fully agree with this - he''s not brilliant but he''s never hid despite the ridiculous amount of abuse he has received over the last few years (a good example being the reserve match thread yesterday), always given everything for the cause, and though he has his limitations I think he''s been better for us than he''s given credit for.

It doesn''t mean I''m unhappy that he''s leaving or with the way the manager has dealt with it. I just think a bit of respect would be nice. But it won''t happen on the Pink ''un, of course.

"I must admit, although he has been the constant in the demise of our team, I feel a little pee''d off the way Lambert is treating such a good servant to the club. Doc has been one of those that gives his all and has shown loyalty. I''m not saying the time isn''t right for him to go, but I don''t like Lambert''s shut door attitude to Doc and Hooly. They don''t deserve that kind of treatment."

Only been a good sevant because people have offered him a contract for what he wanted!!!!!

Giving your all when you are part of the worst defence of this football club for over 50 years is hardly a reason to pussy foot around an individual clearly not performing to the expectation his salary merits.

Really infuriates me this attitude of supporters, get a grip, Lambert and McNally are not going to accept poor performance, shape up or ship out. This applies to all businesses, why does or should it be any different to NCFC?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]I must admit, although he has been the constant in the demise of our team, I feel a little pee''d off the way Lambert is treating such a good servant to the club. Doc has been one of those that gives his all and has shown loyalty. I''m not saying the time isn''t right for him to go, but I don''t like Lambert''s shut door attitude to Doc and Hooly. They don''t deserve that kind of treatment.[/quote]

What a hypocritical statement. If you don''t believe he is good enough what else would you do with him?

[/quote]

Sorry, I don''t see where I said he isn''t good enough? Doc is more than good enough for a bench place, in my opinion our 3rd CB at the mo behind Askou & Nelson. The way injuries seem to hit the same areas of the team, to shut him out now could backfire after a few games when we need him. Yes, publicly put him in the shop window for a nominal fee. Luckily the kind of pro that Doc is, I''m sure he would give his all if ever brought back from the cold. Same thing is happening to Hooly. According to the Peterborough report he was playing well (reserve game opponents I know, blah blah blah...), and is at least worth a place on the 1st 11 bench.

[quote user="Beauseant"]While I think Doc needs to be replaced I also think he deserves big thank you for his efforts over the last 5 years. He is undoubtedly a Marmite kind of player, but, despite his obvious shortcomings, I believe that he''s always given everything for us on the pitch, so maybe a little compassion on here would be nice .......[/quote]

Very well said as usual Mr B! A little dignified behaviour can go a long way ....

I think he can still do a good job alongside Askou if called upon, and it is up to him to prove the manager wrong. It was Gunn that made the mistake of pairing two cumbersome centre-backs together in the first match of the season, and totally ignoring Askou. Performances since have proven what a ridiculous decision that was.

So we celebrate the departure of a player who always tried his best ,maybe not good enough,but didn''t see the champagne being broken out for a lot of the workshy,money grabbing mercenaries that have been on our books over the last few seasons...reallity check anyone!

[quote user="willo"]No alcoholic as at work but will have one when at home tonight?[/quote]with that grammar surely you mean school!

Interesting to note that Doc said "the gaffer has obviously mentioned to me that he wants to bring in his own players" so I guess we are all going to have to weather the storm until January and see what what Lambert has up his sleeve.Also I agree with Beau, a little dignity would not go a miss, ok Doc hasn''t always been the best but he always gave 100% and we should respect him for that al least.

I''m not going to have a personal pop at him but I completely agree he''s not good enough and never has been. Bought as an emergency centre-forward wasn''t he?

Capable in the air and can get the odd block in but not really a very good defender.

I think he has been riding his luck for a number of years. Im a little concerned at how Lambert deals with some players. The hoolahan situation seems a bit roeder-esque but maybe its what we need at times.

[quote user="nolegs"]So we celebrate the departure of a player who always tried his best ,maybe not good enough,but didn''t see the champagne being broken out for a lot of the workshy,money grabbing mercenaries that have been on our books over the last few seasons...reallity check anyone!
[/quote]

I''m sorry NoLegs, but I cannot have any respect for a player, who, imo, should have never been signed  for the club, is useless and wanted to leave until he realised no one else wanted him!

I shed not one tear over this bumbling clown.........sorry mate.

Some people really need to look in the mirror and ask themselves ''''what sort of a person am I to be so horrible to one of our own players who has always tried his best'''' ?

He''s giving us 5 years, always worn his heart on his sleeve and always done the best he can, lets at least wish him good luck and hope he''s happy at his next club.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Some people really need to look in the mirror and ask themselves ''''what sort of a person am I to be so horrible to one of our own players who has always tried his best'''' ?

He''s giving us 5 years, always worn his heart on his sleeve and always done the best he can, lets at least wish him good luck and hope he''s happy at his next club.

[/quote]hear hear !!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I feel very at ease looking in the mirror Angel, I''m just gutted for the fans of his next club.........providing he can find one that is!