Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo_Jet_Set

Tomorrows game and the Doc

Never thought I would do this but I have been told by what i consider to be someone reliable that Doherty has been dropped and won''t travel tomorrow

Nelson is expected to start and David Stephens is to be included on the bench

I guess this is going to please an awful lot of people

I am no fan of Doherty, kind of surprise he isn''t the squad as other option aren''t much/any better. Another example that Lambert is not afraid to make brave decisions, as lets not forget outside this board Doherty is still popular with the fans. I think it sends out the message that no player is safe in this squad and they are going to have to work for their place, no bad thing if you ask me.

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

Never thought I would do this but I have been told by what i consider to be someone reliable that Doherty has been dropped and won''t travel tomorrow

[/quote]If you''re right, can you share all other info you hear from your "source".I''m glad Doc is dropped and Stephens was good in pre season, won''t get a game though

I went to Colney on Thursday and the Doc wasn''t training with the squad although Russell was. Therefore Doc won''t be plaing and Russell will.

Altough Im pleased that Doc has finally been dropped its taken the shine off it a bit when its for Nelson. A Hartlepool fan I know said they were not bothered about him leaving, at the time I thought it was sour grapes....maybe not???

Im sure they will be over the moon if Nelson plays my 12 year old Labrador is quicker than he is and she has arthritis in all four legs

[/quote]

If true, I''m ruddy delighted![Y]

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole! Going up, up, up!Would like a replacement brought in but this is the best news I have heard in a long, long while!I am beginning to like Lambert more and more each day![<:o)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I really hope that people won''t be pleased that Nelson is playing instead of Doherty.[/quote]

It makes sense to field Nelson against his former club and I''m certain Lambert will address the fact that a new centre-back is required to replace Doherty.The only reason I can think of why & how Doherty has remained a City player the last three seasons is because nobody else wants him. I''d have released him on a free.

[/quote]

Looks like you were right!

[/quote]

Good guess mate.[;)]