Sign in to follow this  
susie b

One year ago to the day...

I can''t believe it but it''s one year to the day since I was driving home from a weekend break at Centerparcs.  "What''s so amazing about that?", I hear you cry.  Well, as I got into Radio Broadland range I managed to catch the end of the news, well, the sportsnews to be exact, and it was reported that Norwich City had announced the three-month loan signings of Peter Crouch and Darren Huckerby!  Did I sit up and take notice, utter things like "wow, I think we mean business this time", and struggle to drive in a straight line?  Don''t ask silly questions!!  The Burnley game the following Saturday I arrived at the ground the earliest I ever had, and I wasn''t disappointed.  In truth I haven''t been since as, thinking about it, we''ve moved on so, so much since then.  So much it almost seems a bit unreal, if I''m honest.

Does anyone else remember how they heard ''the news'' a year ago and what their reaction was?  I''d just be interested.  Cheers!

Well recalled suse my friend.  I remember the day well...

I was sitting in the same room I am now and remember going to the official site where they had a blacked out picture of our latest signing.  They said there would be a news conference as to whom this Premiership player was.  I didn''t have to wait for that news conference.  I have long been an admirer of Darren Huckerby''s skills and recall suggsting to my friends just weeks before that he''d be a great player to get on loan.  I was pretty sure once I saw that spikey haired outline that I might just get my wish....

Incidently, are you a fan of Center Parcs too?  I have been going there every year for as long as I can recall, and me and my family love it!

I have to be honest Susie and say that when we made those signings I was pleased, but I didn''t think they would make a tremendous amount of difference to the club. How wrong I was and how quickly I was proved wrong.

Crouchy was not the joke of a player he had been reported as being and Hucks'' ability was (and is)awe inspiring.

What a day that turned out to be for the club - we haven''t looked back!

After the start we had last year i thought oh no another year of the same. But i had no intention to give up my season ticket ever (probably wouldn''t leave norwich because of the footy)

But like you when i heard the news i think i first heard about hux and i thought oh my god i cant believe we got him for 3 months then i hurried home to watch the news and my god we got crouch as well bloody hell. It was almost like what it must be like, being a chelsea fan for a day as i really liked crouch even before we got him.

Then i heard about Harper and it was almost as if the board had lost their cheque book or something and worthy had found it and making full use of it while he had it (either that or he found a magic lamp and had 3 wishies) I really couldn''t believe what had just happened and like you was so excited by the prospect of all 3 playing for us.

After seeing hux and co in operation for a couple of months i firmly believed, and on numerous occasions stated that if we signed Hux we we''re going up and the rest is history.

Come on you yellows

P.S. I think Hux should be playing on the left mid with doc and MacKenzie up front

DD, yes I am a big fan of Centerparcs and have been at least once a year for a short break for the past few years!  It''s the draw of all the sporty things to do, the fresh air and the wildlife that gets me every time!!!

Keep the memories coming everyone - I''m really enjoying reading about them!

I was working at the Department of Health in Elephant and Castle (awful area if you know it) and I was skiving on the internet. Was very chuffed, I had no idea the difference it would make.

Susie b

How could I forget.

It was my 40th birthday and I took the boys from work out for breakfast at Smithfield''s market, in London, in for a Steak and Guinness breakfast.

They duly gave me a new Lotus away top, with 40 on the back (how original) with a card.

One of the lads signed it, "40 years, that''s how long Norwich will be in the Nationwide"

Oh, how I had the last laugh. I have reminded him regularly since of those words and greeted him this morning with, "Remember what you wrote in my card 12 months ago ????

OTBC.

Happy Birthday Gazza TCC.  No excuse for you to ever forget this date then!  Are you doing anything to celebrate or are you having a Hucks Thanksgiving party instead/as well?

I remember hearing the news, and thinking "Well that''s all very fine and dandy, but they''ll be leaving just in time to trigger our usual post-Xmas slump."

The real "ooh-er" moment came when we actually signed Hucks. That was really sticking our neck out financially, and I remember thinking "Now we''ve REALLY got to get promotion!"

[quote]Happy Birthday Gazza TCC. No excuse for you to ever forget this date then! Are you doing anything to celebrate or are you having a Hucks Thanksgiving party instead/as well?[/quote]

Thanks for your kind wishes Susie b.

I''m now nursing a sore head, having taken the family out for a pizza last night and abused the red wine.

You think I would know better at my age, lol

[quote]Well recalled suse my friend. I remember the day well... I was sitting in the same room I am now and remember going to the official site where they had a blacked out picture of our latest signing. ...[/quote]

DD

i am a fan of centreparcs too, we all spent christmas there a few years ago, and it even snowed!!! 

such was our devotion to norwich though, we trekked up to notts forest away and missed a day in the pool   lol

haven''t been there since the fire so would be interested to know what has changed

Since the fire, gazza, the Plaza area is now all open air as opposed to under the dome.  It gives it more of a continental feel as you can get food from some of the outlets and eat on outside terraces, complete with patio heaters if it''s a bit chilly.  Apart from that it doesn''t seem to be a whole lot different!