Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

OT Arshavin

[quote user="Longy"]Reckon he could do a job for us, but will probably have to sell Hoolahan first imo.
[/quote]lol..awesome [Y] we could do a player plus cash in our favour of corse

Arshavin is so much better than Rooney it''s embarrassing. I can''t believe he wasn''t discovered earlier, there aren''t many 28 year old sensations. Furthermore, I can''t believe Ben Foster is considered an England keeper, just goes to show what playing for the filthy Mancs does for you. 

[quote user="Longy"]Reckon he could do a job for us, but will probably have to sell Hoolahan first imo.
[/quote]

I don''t think so. He would be a luxury we simply cannot afford at this level.

[quote user="Penfold"]Arshavin is so much better than Rooney it''s embarrassing. I can''t believe he wasn''t discovered earlier, there aren''t many 28 year old sensations. Furthermore, I can''t believe Ben Foster is considered an England keeper, just goes to show what playing for the filthy Mancs does for you.  [/quote]Absolute joke that is, isn''t it.All the pundits tend to tout him as the most ''capable'' English keeper there is, despite being an absolute non-entity at his club. While Robert Green is treated like a hero at West Ham, and statistics often show him as the strongest and most consistent English keeper in the Premier League, yet, if it were not for Capello, he would most probably be finding himself as 6th or 7th choice in line for the England shirt.You could tell during the Holland game that the media and pundis were just willing for Rob to make mistakes, and would make any excuse to make it seem as such.They''ll probably come up with every excuse under the sun now to protect Foster, and, if we''re being honest, his ''undeserved'' reputation.

Agreed John, i am sure it has something to do with Green playing for unfashionable clubs in his career.

[quote user="Penfold"]Arshavin is so much better than Rooney it''s embarrassing.

[/quote]

Disagree.

He''s a superb player but if I had to pick between hmi and Rooney it''d be Rooney everytime.

Rooney is a phenomenal player.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Penfold"]Arshavin is so much better than Rooney it''s embarrassing.  [/quote]

Disagree.

He''s a superb player but if I had to pick between hmi and Rooney it''d be Rooney everytime.

Rooney is a phenomenal player.

[/quote]I have to agree with that.I rate Arshavin very highly, but not so much as to put him ahead of Rooney.Rooney truely is a class act.

Arshavin is a genious, right up there with the Lionel Messi''s and Kaka''s of the world.

We''ll see. Arshavin has played a fraction of the games at the TOP level that Rooney has. He may prove to be brilliant,but I personally need to see several seasons'' evidence before I''ll put him up there with Rooney.