Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Diving!!!???

Eduardo was absouloutly stupid doing it the other night! yet Eboue has the cheek to do it against man u today! :O

I think it should be a red card offence, and also if players are found to have done so, get a 1 or 2 match ban. Surely that would then stop them doing it?

It ruins the game, cheating so there is no need!

EDUARDO never dived, if the ref didn''t see it, it didn''t happen :P like the palace goal, i really think suspensions like his (which is the right thing to do) should not be done, if Palace wern''t given a rematch at least, or even just make the result 1-1, its silly.

(oh and OT put it in the other forum :P)

Did you listen to 606 some Arsenal fans were coming on and accusing Rooney of diving. Now i know United dont have a massivly clean sheet on that subject but there was no way in hell Roony dived. And that was before  I saw Eboue diving on MOTD, the cheek of some people.

Surely this is a joke topic.

Anyone find it funny that it was okay when the non UK Europeans were diving about for years and years and suddenly someone from the PL does it and they are going to ban him.

The sooner Sepp and Platini cluck off the better.

They and their anti English/PL views are the disgrace in all this.

I should have added that it''s actually okay if you roll over 6 times and then simulate the ref giving a card like the Italian, Spanish and Portguese are masters at doing.

Else you are just plain cheating.

He did indeed go down before he got touched.

Thats why this is rediculous, unless they police it properly its just going to become very messy with millions of appeals.

makes him no different to Eduardo then in my book, he''s clearly playing for a penalty which is what Eduardo did, don''t suppose Rooney from the wonderful Man Utd will get suspended for 3 matches though - double standards!

Rooney dived over the out-stretched keeper.  He saw him coming and made sure he made contact with the keeper on the way down.  Eduardo did exactly the same thing but the Celtic keeper saw what was coming and pulled away.  Unfortunately it was too late for Eduardo who was already on his way down..  What Rooney did is part of the game and goes on every weekend across the leagues.  Eduardo deserves a ban just for looking a prat in doing it!

Yeah, but i think the point is - Both are cheating.

There are going to be way too many grey lines over this and they are setting a dangerous precendent.

My view, for what it''s worth, is that both players were just doing their job. Eduardo is obviously rubbish at it but he was doing the same as Rooney. There was no way either of them were going to score so they just whacked it past the keeper and went down. Rooney''s job is to score goals, the only way he was going to score there was to win a penalty, so he went down, and it was a penalty. Eduardo did the same, running away from goal, tap it past the keeper and go down, but Boruc saw what he was doing and made him look a fool, although he still won the penalty.I agree with banana, should be a red card offence if it''s as bad as Eduardo or Eboue today which was mental. Neither of those two were touched whatsoever, whereas Rooney was brought down even though he was going down first.