Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Curetons last chance to impress...

more lifes than a ships cat... only the next 90 minutes will tell?

but when you have the youth and energy of Martin and McDonald, i know who my money is on!!!

I have tried asking if Cureton has done anything, but they ignore my comments, i have tried 3 so far, and none have been put up....

Said he played well on the radio and looked lively so lets bear with him a few more games and give him the chance to regain all of his confidence which was knocked out of him.

Jamie hasn''t done owt wrong thus far under Lambert but neither has he particularly good.

Wiz, you''ve obviously read the report from a fan that was at the match, Jamie didn''t do anything, as a striker you have to assist in play making, or the primary function.. SCORE goals, yet again he failed to deliver.  McDonald and others have pace and determination, with enthusiasm...

Am i knocking Jamie... yes i am, we as a club need to move forward, not dwell in the past...

I still think we are a striker short, sounds like Cureton has worked his socks off but he doesn''t sound as if he is going to score the goals. I think we need another proven goalscorer at this level. Fingers crossed Cody Mac can do the business

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Wiz, you''ve obviously read the report from a fan that was at the match, Jamie didn''t do anything, as a striker you have to assist in play making, or the primary function.. SCORE goals, yet again he failed to deliver.  McDonald and others have pace and determination, with enthusiasm...

Am i knocking Jamie... yes i am, we as a club need to move forward, not dwell in the past...

[/quote]

You ain''t going to like this but Cody Mac, however much I like him, is unproven and inexperienced, thankfully, Lambert can see this.

I don''t think we have another goal scorer other than Holt.

Obviously Jamie use to be, but he hasn''t looked that player for a while.

Obviously he''s on his way now, but i would have played Hoolahan in behind him had he stayed.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

You ain''t going to like this but Cody Mac, however much I like him, is unproven and inexperienced, thankfully, Lambert can see this.

[/quote]

How many commas do you want?? [:P]

I think the difference is Cody Mac has a lot more room to get better into- Jamie is reaching the end of his shelf-life and so the chances of him suddenly coming good are less likely.

[quote user="cityangel"]Said he played well on the radio and looked lively so lets bear with him a few more games and give him the chance to regain all of his confidence which was knocked out of him.[/quote]This is what I can''t quite grasp about the Jamie Cureton situation.Time and again we hear he''s had the confidence knocked out of him but when and by who?Last year JC was being picked ahead of Lupoli who was knocking them in at a rate of not much less than 1 every two games now I can understand that this might ffect Lupolis confidence but Jamies??Jamie wasn''t dropped for falling out with the manager, he wasn''t dropped whilst banging them in for fun he was dropped because quite frankly he was costing us points with his woeful finishing for the second season in succesion. I suggest the only person responsible for knocking JC''s confidence was Jamie Cureton himself.

[quote user="Downloads"]

I don''t think we have another goal scorer other than Holt.

Obviously Jamie use to be, but he hasn''t looked that player for a while.

Obviously he''s on his way now, but i would have played Hoolahan in behind him had he stayed.

[/quote]Downloads we have basically identical views- Both think we need another goal scorer- Both think that Hoolahan should stay and be played in the free role- Both think that Jamie just isn''t up to it anymore (don''t get me wrong Wiz I think he''s a great guy)- Both think Stefanovic should stay

Time to build for the future I''m afraid. Curo''s best days are long since gone. We need to be looking at the future and giving Martin, Daley or Cody a run in the time. Certainly away from home I don''t think that Curo gives you enough threat - no pace and can''t hold the ball up. He might still have his use in home matches where we have more of the ball and create more chances!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its a fair point, but Cody Mac is unproven because he hasn''t been given the green light, its a valid move by the management not to thrust him into the lime light to quickly, but  when he came on against Wycombe we were a different team, he was someone that Holt looked confident to push forward with, and you can''t use the defence that the game was already won by the time he came on, because what involvement did Jamie have in any of the goals?  The simple fact is we have striker that was given a contract over the summer that looks likely to go out on loan??  Martin that proved he could be level headed with a succesful-ish year at Luton and of course McD... therefor i suggest we do have other options. 

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Downloads we have basically identical views

- Both think we need another goal scorer
- Both think that Hoolahan should stay and be played in the free role
- Both think that Jamie just isn''t up to it anymore (don''t get me wrong Wiz I think he''s a great guy)
- Both think Stefanovic should stay
[/quote]

I think we are the only 2!

Definitely need another striker. None that we have seen compare to Holt. Cody is good as an impact sub tho.

If we won''t have a good second striker why not play a creative player behind the goal machine?

Jamie - I can''t believe we are still discussing this guy! Awsome for a good few years, just no longer. It happens to everyone and its nothing against him.

Basically i can''t see any reason not to play Stefanovic, i don''t care how much he gets paid on a weekly basis! We don''t have any outstanding central defenders, so i would at least give him a chance rather than hound him out because of pay.

I don''t see these as outlandish views and i think are worth considering and trying. If they fail, so be it, but Hoolahan didn''t go from being someone we can''t lose to being someone we must sell in a couple of weeks, surely.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Downloads we have basically identical views

- Both think we need another goal scorer
- Both think that Hoolahan should stay and be played in the free role
- Both think that Jamie just isn''t up to it anymore (don''t get me wrong Wiz I think he''s a great guy)
- Both think Stefanovic should stay
[/quote]

I think we are the only 2!

Definitely need another striker. None that we have seen compare to Holt. Cody is good as an impact sub tho.

If we won''t have a good second striker why not play a creative player behind the goal machine?

Jamie - I can''t believe we are still discussing this guy! Awsome for a good few years, just no longer. It happens to everyone and its nothing against him.

Basically i can''t see any reason not to play Stefanovic, i don''t care how much he gets paid on a weekly basis! We don''t have any outstanding central defenders, so i would at least give him a chance rather than hound him out because of pay.

I don''t see these as outlandish views and i think are worth considering and trying. If they fail, so be it, but Hoolahan didn''t go from being someone we can''t lose to being someone we must sell in a couple of weeks, surely.

[/quote]

I''ve been away, but i thought this guys contract had been mutually terminated? Surely we''re still not paying this guy?  Like Jamie, time to move on...

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

My guess would be that Stefanovic isn''t all that bothered about playing for us.

As far as i am aware he''s still on the payroll.

I think he''s definitely worth a shot.

Does no one else think the way people judge players on this board is comical? Hoolahan is the best, then he''s the worst. Nelson should never play again, now he should be a permanent fixture. Otsemabor should be in, then out, most people don''t seem to keep the same opinion for a couple of days regards a player. My own opinion is that we shouldn''t be so quick to want players out all the time. We have a squad and lets make the most of it.

[quote user="Downloads"]

As far as i am aware he''s still on the payroll.

I think he''s definitely worth a shot.

Does no one else think the way people judge players on this board is comical? Hoolahan is the best, then he''s the worst. Nelson should never play again, now he should be a permanent fixture. Otsemabor should be in, then out, most people don''t seem to keep the same opinion for a couple of days regards a player. My own opinion is that we shouldn''t be so quick to want players out all the time. We have a squad and lets make the most of it.

[/quote]

I think everyone has there own opinion on every player, Hoolahan only plays with one foot, Otsemabor has great pace, but lacks concentration for 90 minutes, the Doc is a Donkey and as far as Nelson goes, i think he deserved another go, but then surely so should the fateful goalkeeper on that shameful first day of the season.

However i think the arguments from the pro Jamie Cureton camp are on their knees, he''s got to make way, but that will be a decision for the manager!!

But hey.... thats my own personal opinion, as long as there is a notice board, then the arguments/discussions will go on... long may they continue

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="cityangel"]Said he played well on the radio and looked lively so lets bear with him a few more games and give him the chance to regain all of his confidence which was knocked out of him.[/quote]This is what I can''t quite grasp about the Jamie Cureton situation.Time and again we hear he''s had the confidence knocked out of him but when and by who?Last year JC was being picked ahead of Lupoli who was knocking them in at a rate of not much less than 1 every two games now I can understand that this might ffect Lupolis confidence but Jamies??Jamie wasn''t dropped for falling out with the manager, he wasn''t dropped whilst banging them in for fun he was dropped because quite frankly he was costing us points with his woeful finishing for the second season in succesion. I suggest the only person responsible for knocking JC''s confidence was Jamie Cureton himself.[/quote][Y]I hereby declare today to be National Buckethead Day.