Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Hartlepool v Norwich thread

Well seeing as I have started a match chat thread for the past few weeks, I thought, ahhhhh bugger it start another.

So it''s early, but how well do you think we will do on the road today?

Personally I feel a little confident, don''t know why, and it will most likely come back and bit me on the tooshy lol.

Afternoon WAY and thanks! I''m a bit worried about lack of pace at the back with either Doc or Nelson likely to play, but if we can match last saturday''s workrate I think we could nick it. We should see a bit more of the Lambert factor this week now he''s had a bit more time with the players, but at the end of the day if we''re going to get out of this division these are the sort of games we need to win.

After seeing a Hartlepool fan site describe us as a "run of the mill League One side" (probably not far wrong, but it riled me all the same) I hope we stuff ''em! I have a feeling it will be another Exeter style draw though.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Afternoon WAY and thanks! I''m a bit worried about lack of pace at the back with either Doc or Nelson likely to play, but if we can match last saturday''s workrate I think we could nick it. We should see a bit more of the Lambert factor this week now he''s had a bit more time with the players, but at the end of the day if we''re going to get out of this division these are the sort of games we need to win.

[/quote]

Afternoon all and afternoon Beauseasnt, hope you and all are ok?

Yes lack of pace is worrying at the back, but with the new training that''s been going on who knows what will happen lol.

[quote user="Norwich"]Well done WAY, was just about to make one myself! Great minds think alike and all that [;)] I''m going for 1-0 City, come on you yellows...[/quote]

lol beat ya to it [:P]

Enjoy your swim and don''t get too waterlogged

I was nervous but my kitten has just curled up and fallen asleep on an NCFC scarf so now I feel much better [:)]  But as always it will come down to our less than water tight defence.  Hartlepool are not bad up front so defence have to be awake and midfield need to help them out by holding the ball up.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]When do the teams get put up? i want to know the team, and the score in advance, so i can put money on it...
[/quote]

Tsk tsk your not old enough to gamble[:P][:)]

Despite losing 4 to sunderland I think we defended better, wont face anywhere near the same pace or finishing ability and showed how much we can create against Sunderland.

Still tight so a 1-0 win for the yellows for me

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Will Cureton start or will it be Cody Mac?[/quote]

Expect it to be Curo but I hope its CodyMac, whether in goal or upfront! :)

Norwich City: Forster, Otsemobor, Askou, Nelson, Drury, Lappin, Smith, Hughes, McVeigh, Holt, Cureton.Subs: Rudd, Whaley, Martin, Adeyemi, Daley, Stephens, McDonald.

[quote user="PBTC"]Norwich City: Forster, Otsemobor, Askou, Nelson, Drury, Lappin, Smith, Hughes, McVeigh, Holt, Cureton.

Subs: Rudd, Whaley, Martin, Adeyemi, Daley, Stephens, McDonald.
[/quote]

Is that the actual announced team? Or a guess?

[quote user="PBTC"]Norwich City: Forster, Otsemobor, Askou, Nelson, Drury, Lappin, Smith, Hughes, McVeigh, Holt, Cureton.

[/quote]

Thank''s, not a bad team

Nelson''s starting... good team selection from Lambert, reverting back to the Wycombe side.

Is Cody on the bench by the way, not sure i heard his name?

[/quote]

Its official now that Theokilitis is our 4th choice keeper. Not sure about Nelson, but rather him than Doc giving away a daft penalty and generally being a slow carthorse....cue Nelson to give away a penalty LOL.

Looks like whoever said Doherty, Hoolahan and Maric were training with the youths was right.