Sign in to follow this  
Sam-NCFC

The Football League Show

Anyone see Bristol Rovers just now. They have yellow shirts and green shorts, I thought it was us and they''d got the wrong clip.P.S Sorry if it''s old news and that it''s a bit off topic.

I''ve noticed them playing in their yellow and green away kit a few times already this season.Thought it would only be worn 5 times in a whole seasno

It is old news, can''t deny that.Didn''t Hartlepool and Celtic try to imitate our magnificent strip last season as well?

I fell asleep/turned it off before Norwich where on, because i had MOTD on pause till nearly 11:30 then it all messed up anyway :S

[quote user="Buckethead"]It''s available on iplayer now here[/quote]Thanks!  Nice finish by Nelson, I can''t believe that''s the same player who looked like a drifting oil tanker v Colchester.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Buckethead"]It''s available on iplayer now here
[/quote]

Thanks!  Nice finish by Nelson, I can''t believe that''s the same player who looked like a drifting oil tanker v Colchester.

[/quote]

I am wondering if he is one of the players that "froze" on the day? I said at the time that he couldn''t really be that bad having played so much for Hartlepool. Maybe 4,000 people and familiar surroundings helped. I think we should all give him another chance at Carrow Road.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Buckethead"]It''s available on iplayer now here[/quote]Thanks!  Nice finish by Nelson, I can''t believe that''s the same player who looked like a drifting oil tanker v Colchester.[/quote]

I am wondering if he is one of the players that "froze" on the day? I said at the time that he couldn''t really be that bad having played so much for Hartlepool. Maybe 4,000 people and familiar surroundings helped. I think we should all give him another chance at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Agreed, all the Colchester no-show shower should get a second chance, even Theo.  Paint pot trophy would be a good one, you suspect.

I would start Whaley, Gill, OTJ, Nelson, Theo in that game and tell them to show me why they were picked on Day 1.

Did anybody else notice they had the NCFC club badge on the top row in the middle behind the presenters. Class at last!

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Did anybody else notice they had the NCFC club badge on the top row in the middle behind the presenters. Class at last![/quote]It''s been there every week. Nice to see it in such a prominent position though.I must admit, I actually quite like this show. It''s good to see the Beeb make an effort for the show rather than the slap-dash, no-studio effort of ITV last season. Also, the e-mail women so far have been nice eye candy as well. Hell, I even tolerate Claridge''s ramblings as well! [;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"]It''s available on iplayer now here

The Norwich ghouls are at 50:15
[/quote]

Why don''t i read things properly[A] Just been trawling through the whole of it for ages!! (Good to see that Lee Croft still hasn''t learnt to cross[:P])

Cheers Buckethead BTW.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Buckethead"]It''s available on iplayer now here[/quote]Thanks!  Nice finish by Nelson, I can''t believe that''s the same player who looked like a drifting oil tanker v Colchester.[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, all the Colchester no-show shower should get a second chance, even Theo.  Paint pot trophy would be a good one, you suspect.

I would start Whaley, Gill, OTJ, Nelson, Theo in that game and tell them to show me why they were picked on Day 1.

[/quote]

Whaley, Gill and OTJ have been picked since Colchester and shown they''re not good enough. Whaley was aboslutely woeful and won''t be picked ahead of Lappin. However, if Hoolahan is off, he''s going to need to show he can be relied on as backup. (unless left side is one of the players Lambert wants to bring in)

I really want Gill to succeed due to his love for this club and his comments before signing, but when two (academy) reserve team players come in and shine so much more than you, there''s an inkling that you''re not going to be getting many games. This may be more down to Smith and Adeyemi just being outstanding but Gill hasn''t shown anything in the games that indicate he''s going to force his way into being first choice.

OTJ has Hughes ahead of him. Enough said. The only reason I say this is because so far Hughes and a youngster has worked wonders. So he''s either vying for Hughes'' place or Smith/Adeyemi''s.

It all depends on how serious Lambert is going to take the Johnson''s Paint Trophy. We''ve got a good team together that are playing well and should be given plenty of games in my opinion. We''ve played seven (I think) games so far so I can''t see people needing to be rested yet but I guess it is all down to how serious Lambert will take this competition to how he picks his team. I wonder what positions he''s decided he wants to bring some players in as well as he has stated he''d like to make a few more signings.

Just watched this. Did you see the "penalty" Sammy Clingan gave away? The guy clearly trippped over him, unlucky.