Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

Match report??

So, for those of us who would like to know how the match went, and want more than a couple of soundbites that the BBC has to offer, I come on here and16 hours after the game, no report.

Is it going to be like this every week now?

On a plus not, enjoyed the text live coverage thingy for the first time.

It is odd that there''s no official match report up yet on the pinkun home page, something tht maybe Pete could investigate for us.

I was there, it was a good display by city with hartlepool hardly really having any real sitter or good chance missed. Not that we were dominant, but hughes and korey smith were key to the win, both exceptional but I''d have to give hughes my motm for his cool finish and all-action display. lappin and mcveigh decent on the wings, they both seem to get involved in the games more than whaley does at the moment.  grant holt superb again, cureton looked at home playing alongside him as well, he actually looked a threat for the first time in ages just playing off the shoulder of the last defender.Other than that the goalie looked ok, like he''ll do a job at least. Also Nelson had his best game for the club so far, not that it was anything special but it was just thoroughly no nonsense and his goal was just ridicluous, didn''t know whether I should have been laughing when he scored but it was just completely out of the blue for a stop-all defender like him!! (in case you didnt see it, it was a sort of side on scissor kick from about 9 yards that flew in the top corner!!)We played some good stuff at times, especially when our confidence was up in the second half.  But we earned the right to play, if we keep on battling like we did in this game we''ve got a chance of the play-offs this year, but only if.

I notice also that ''Man in The Stands'' while no longer as good as it once was has also not had an article for some time!!

Something tells me he has disappeared with Mr Carrow!!

[quote user="jelltex"]So, for those of us who would like to know how the match went, and want more than a couple of soundbites that the BBC has to offer, I come on here and16 hours after the game, no report. Is it going to be like this every week now? On a plus not, enjoyed the text live coverage thingy for the first time.[/quote]

Just back from the game thread, has some posts from people who went - see page 2 as well as the OP (opening post). 

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I think it''s probably because the Pinkun is now a pullout in Monday''s EDP.

[/quote]

But losing the pinkun as a paper meant that more resources would be allocated to the website.