Sign in to follow this  
Hucks 96

Have we already lost too many games??

Leicester last season only lost 4 games, P''boro only lost 9, both went up automatically. We have lost 3 league games already with just under 10% of the season gone.Providing we keep winning (we have nothing to fear from 90% of the teams in this league) our season will come down to a mini league of results against Charlton, Leeds and MK Dons. Lose against these teams and we could miss out on a play off place, win these games and we could be champions. The difference between success and failure this season is going to be very very narrow.

Yep two losses as far as I''m aware.In answer to your question, no of course we haven''t lost too many games yet. Given that Peterboro went up with 9 losses, no team in the league has lost too many yet!

Oh yes quite right ! It just feels like a loss at Exeter where of course we did draw! Still there is quite a gap to make up to Charlton already!Charlton have won all of their games without getting out of second gear most times! Worrying !

I think this season was always going to come down to results against the likes of your Leeds and your Charltons. All teams will be wanting to take points off us so will be upping their games every single time they play us. There is going to be a risk of all the "bigger" teams losing points to the "smaller" teams so it will be coming down to who takes the points off each other. We all knew (well should have done anyway) that this was going to be a tough season and no walk in the park. I personally thought before the season started it would be a playoff situation for us and I think we''re still on for that. Although it is a bit upsetting to see 2 teams 8 points ahead of us, we''re still very much in the hunt with there only being 4 points between 10th and 3rd. Having said all this, it''s only been 5 games out of 46. We need to maintain our confidence now and put a nice run together and I think Lambert''s the man for this job.

Automatic promotion is a big ask with a new team but it should be the aim and surely we have to believe it''s possible.

Have we already lost too many games??

NO!! Early season form means little. A quick check on last season shows that after 5 games Leicester had lost 2 and Peterboro had lost 3! Oldham and Carlisle were top and hadn''t lost any. Oldham finished 10th and Carlisle 20th.

Ten games is a much more reliable yardstick.

Hell of a long way to go yet Hucks96. How oftern do teams make the sort of start that Lees and Charlton have,yet it all goes tits up in Oct/Nov ? I know it''s a cliché ,but its a marathon,not a sprint. I''d agree that it will quite likely come down to the points the better teams (and I''d include Huddersfield and maybe Brentford in that list),but it will also involve not slipping up in matches that are regulation 3 -pointers (yesterday at Hartlepool being a good example).

For the record,I think we should pick up enough points at home to be OK for at least a play off place. But the away form must improve DRAMATICALLY if we are to have a real chance.

[quote user="Lineo"]wtf rofl I meant southampton 5th!!
[/quote]

Southampton will have to do a hell of a lot of catching up to pull of something like that.

Sounds like people have had one to many sherbets already this morning if they think Saints will make the playoffs,questioning our top six challange when we are one win away from 4th yet Saints are 11pts from safety and most of you have them in the top six.[8-)]

Looking at how crap half the teams are, it wouldn''t even take that big a run to get there.

I think if you look at anyone from Yeovil downwards in the table, i think they could be relegated.

However they are 16 points already off the playoffs and they would need to start that run soon cos all those teams are gonna continue to pick up points even if they start winning. Especially as it appears we will push into the playoffs too.

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Leicester last season only lost 4 games, P''boro only lost 9, both went up automatically. We have lost 3 league games already with just under 10% of the season gone.Providing we keep winning (we have nothing to fear from 90% of the teams in this league) our season will come down to a mini league of results against Charlton, Leeds and MK Dons. Lose against these teams and we could miss out on a play off place, win these games and we could be champions. The difference between success and failure this season is going to be very very narrow.

[/quote]

Jesus! watch this space...we have to play leeds and charlton!

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Sounds like people have had one to many sherbets already this morning if they think Saints will make the playoffs,questioning our top six challange when we are one win away from 4th yet Saints are 11pts from safety and most of you have them in the top six.[8-)][/quote]

lol dunno if many people are questioning the top 6 push, it seems to be questioning automatic promotion.

Its less to do with our form and more to do with the form of Leeds and Charlton and haven''t done anything other than won matches yet.

I''m sitting here wondering if the threads being created on this message board could possibly get any more inane.

[quote user="Shyster"]I''m sitting here wondering if the threads being created on this message board could possibly get any more inane.[/quote]

I''m sure there will be plenty of attempts at it!

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Leicester last season only lost 4 games, P''boro only lost 9, both went up automatically. We have lost 3 league games already with just under 10% of the season gone.

Providing we keep winning (we have nothing to fear from 90% of the teams in this league) our season will come down to a mini league of results against Charlton, Leeds and MK Dons. Lose against these teams and we could miss out on a play off place, win these games and we could be champions. The difference between success and failure this season is going to be very very narrow.

[/quote]

what a fuckin idiot we have only lost 2 games , p,boro lost nine

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Did i hear right on football league last night that Beckford is off to Bolton?[/quote]yep, i heard that too. very good news if true

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Oh yes quite right ! It just feels like a loss at Exeter where of course we did draw! Still there is quite a gap to make up to Charlton already!

Charlton have won all of their games without getting out of second gear most times! Worrying !
[/quote]

Your having a laugh.All teams have a bad patch and that will include Leeds and Charlton.