Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Pitch Invasions...

When people mentioned the pitch invasion the other day after the West ham match. It got me thinking, has it happened to Norwich? I remember we did it at Crewe away, but i only listened to it.

I dont remember much about it, so anyone please tell me details about it, eg when and how many people involved. Thanks

Also any other pitch invasions or memerable (wrong spelling) matches Norwich were involved in?

Oh and before you say, Colchester at home.

Thanks, and please no comments having a go at me. I dont really see the point. I''m just giving my opinion on stuff, same as all of you!

in 04it was at the end of the game. end of season, and everyone had a laugh. i was stood on the touchline next to the line-o when the whistle went, stewards didnt mind as it was all in good spirits, crewe arent bad fans.

1985 Semi final for the milk cup (vs ipswich) - I always remember as Dad sneaked out the backdoor to watch them that night leaving me at home (I was only 10 to be fair!:).

He always used the pitch invasion as an excuse to why he didnt take me... But how did he know?!? ....hmmmm

[quote user="Brendan"]When people mentioned the pitch invasion the other day after the West ham match. It got me thinking, has it happened to Norwich? I remember we did it at Crewe away, but i only listened to it. I dont remember much about it, so anyone please tell me details about it, eg when and how many people involved. Thanks Also any other pitch invasions or memerable (wrong spelling) matches Norwich were involved in? Oh and before you say, Colchester at home. Thanks, and please no comments having a go at me. I dont really see the point. I''m just giving my opinion on stuff, same as all of you![/quote]

Difference is, all of those pitch invasions mentioned by others were good natured. The West ham ones were pretty vile  there was one man who was pictured in the sun Pointing his naked backside at the Millwall fans. These invasions occurredDuring the game.

Very disappointing scenes at Upton Park but it is what we have come to expect of mindless idiots who probably wont go to another game until the next time Millwall and West Ham comes out of the Hat!!!!

[quote]1986 when Ken Brown got us promoted.  I remember a good natured celebration.[/quote]I remember that one!!!  Was in the Barclay and clambered over the fencing to get onto the pitch - caught my jeans and ripped them badly - only problem was I also caught the back of my thigh as well so when I rushed onto the pitch to celebrate I also had a pair of jeans that were somewhat soaked in blood!!!!Then had to travel home with my Dad - a main stand veteran of some years - without giving too much away about my hooligan pitch invasion activities!Happy Days!!!

[quote user="Brendan"]When people mentioned the pitch invasion the other day after the West ham match. It got me thinking, has it happened to Norwich?[/quote]

Norwich V Ipswich, Milk Cup Semi final 1985, violence inside and outside the stadium all day and night.

I remember Newcastle fans invading the pitch at Carrow Road years ago.  I was a small boy standing in the river end, and remember all of a sudden seeing about 100-150 pissed geordies who had climbed the Barclay fence running towards me.  In those days, you also had a few "chaps" in the river end, and they were quick to push theire way past evryone one in order to get on the pitch and sort em out.  Luckily, the police and stewards managed to intercept the newcastle fans by forming a line in front of out penalty area.  Bloody scary though.  Oh yeah, the invasion at the end of the milk cup semi was legendary!  I remember seeing Ipswich fans climbing round the fence that segregated the fans in the Barclay, and jumping into the Norwich section feet first. 

Whwn we won the Canon league title in 86 (I think), we all went on the pitch, but that was very good natured.The river end ran to the Barclay to help the Barclay boys scale the fence, then everyone legged it down to the makeshift players tunnel (the main stand still hadn''t been rebuilt), and the players came out with champagne.  Happy days! 

[quote user="jim blair"]Watford away in 1972 was probably the biggest pitch invasion in football history!![/quote]

I remember it well. Also Sheff Wednesday away when the whole Kop end emptied on the pitch and ran towards the City fans. One lad among the thousands was dressed as pink panther and it later transpired that he was a well known Norwich fan!

I was at Crewe in 04'', not so much a pitch invasion as the stewards let everyone on the pitch after the players had done a lap of honour. Those final few games of 04'' are still my favourite memories of supporting City, even better than the UEFA cup run. It was the fact that I and many other had watched a lot of crap for the past decade to get to that point, pity it has actually got worse since.

I''ve never seen it at Carra Rud.

Though the Barnsley fans stormed the pitch for a protest after we relegated them at their place in the penultimate game of the playoff season, and the Brum fans ran on the pitch at Cardiff when we lost the playoff final...

I witnessed the worst pitch invasion of all time. Can''t remember the year but it was the last day of the season away at Reading and it was the last game at their old ground before they moved to the Madjeski. A few fans came on the pitch at the final whistle (I think we won 2-0?) and they were asked to get off over the tannoy. Which they did. I''d of been having me a flag or piece of turf or something. Nope. Not the Reading fans, they all politely buggered off with their tails between there legs.

I suppose it depends on the type of pitch invasion.  When you get promoted it''s different, although wrong it''s positive emotion.  My worry would be (if I were a player), who''s coming to celebrate or have a pop at me, for that reason it can''t be tolerated.  Sorry to be sensible but I suppose mid-life is fast approaching.  [:D]

Watford away ''72 was my first away game. Not just a pitch invasion but the taking of the home end as well. At the famous Man U game where the muppet fell through the roof, I was one of a few hundred Norwich fans in the far right section of the Barclay. When Norwich scored my mates and celebrated only to find that half our pen were also Man U. We left before the riot started. Ginger was on the pitch at Sheff W away, when we took 10,000. He went on the with all the Owls fans but had to hide the Norwich Tattoo on his arm.

[quote user="Big Chief"]Watford away ''72 was my first away game. Not just a pitch invasion but the taking of the home end as well. At the famous Man U game where the muppet fell through the roof, I was one of a few hundred Norwich fans in the far right section of the Barclay. When Norwich scored my mates and celebrated only to find that half our pen were also Man U. We left before the riot started. Ginger was on the pitch at Sheff W away, when we took 10,000. He went on the with all the Owls fans but had to hide the Norwich Tattoo on his arm.[/quote]

yep thats the fella,