Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Just dusted off my atlas.

Hartlepool is up north somewhere.

Ah yes, I see it - on the coast north of Middlesboro'' and south of Sunderland. Good grief.

I wonder if they''ve got a pier.

Blo*dy backwater; hard to get to too.

Ahhhhhh! The joys of the Third Division.

OTBC 

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]after rotherham hartlepool has got to be the biggest sh1t hole ive ever been to[/quote]

Me and my son came back from an England game up north a few years back and decided to stop off in Hartlepool for a drink only to find they closed the pups on Saturday after six because of trouble! Hope its not the case now or it could be a long trip home.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ah yes, I see it - on the coast north of Middlesboro'' and south of Sunderland. Good grief.

OTBC 

[/quote]

They have a pier at Steetley. 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

Don''t see your point. South of Sunderland (Premiership) and Newcastle (Championship) and just North of Middlesborough (Championship) - would you moan about travelling to those three?

So anyway, how was the journey?

Sorry. Dont agree. Nice place, nice hospitable people, nice ground, real football fans.

[quote user="Kathy"]Sorry. Dont agree. Nice place, nice hospitable people, nice ground, real football fans.[/quote]

Aaaah, that''s not fair Kathy, you actually went there [;)] .

Found Hartlepool quite run down when I last went there, but the people were friendly and I didn''t see any trouble. Found the worst places up there to be Sunderland (where about 6 people got arrested in individual incidents during my 30 minute visit!) and parts of middlesbrough - where there are/were whole estates boarded up and full of squatters...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Sorry. Dont agree. Nice place, nice hospitable people, nice ground, real football fans.[/quote]

[/quote]

I went. Granted, not yesterday but the place was shut. Make of it what you will. Did you go MF?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good grief!!

steetley pier at hartlepool - top fishing mark for cod bass mackeral and whiting

[:S]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good grief!!

steetley pier at hartlepool - top fishing mark for cod bass mackeral and whiting

[:S]

OTBC

[/quote]Romantic...

Well said Kathy.  Found it exactly the same.

Don''t think those people I met yesterday deserved a tirade from "Bungay Canary".

I don''t get to East Anglia much these days, except every other Saturday, in the season (season tkt holder over for over 50yrs)

But I don''t recall Bungay as anything special. But, of course I could be mistaken. It might be on the tourist map now.

Don''t bother to respond. It could get boring.

[quote user="royhollis4"]

Clearly some folks here have not yet been to Milton Keynes.

[/quote]

Well, we''re visiting on 14th September so what delights await us? Certainly no pier, but...........?

OTBC

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]after rotherham hartlepool has got to be the biggest sh1t hole ive ever been to[/quote]

Middlesbro has got to be worse than Hartlepool and what about Leeds - the home of Neanderthal Man?

Plenty of Norwich supporters wearing their colours in the shopping centre and in the pubs around Victoria Park.....I''ve heard no trouble reported. I also had conversations with many ''Monkey Hangers'' before and after the game - and they were all down to earth and a good bunch. To me, that is a positive about the Pool''s fans and Hartlepool.

The Marina and the surrounding area certainly didn''t look like a shi* tip to me......I had a great day with my mates, and better than many that I''ve had, when travelling away in the Prem and Championship.....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="royhollis4"]

[/quote]

Well, we''re visiting on 14th September so what delights await us? Certainly no pier, but...........?

OTBC

[/quote]

They do have an IKEA...in fact they have lots of shops...and roundabouts.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="royhollis4"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

They do have an IKEA...in fact they have lots of shops...and roundabouts.

[/quote]

And fit lookin'' lasses....

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

I went. Granted, not yesterday but the place was shut. Make of it what you will. Did you go MF?

[/quote]

No whittler, I did not go, at the present time I can''t go anywhere much.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No whittler, I did not go, at the present time I can''t go anywhere much.

[/quote]

Oh well such is life. Its whittle but you knew that didn''t you......[|-)]