Sign in to follow this  
catlineker

The Doc - A question

I dont want to start a slanging match on this topic again but for those who still rate him i was wondering why they think that noone else has ever come in for him?

Just asking?

A slanging match? You mean like .... I''m not one to gab (slang meaning = To chatter, talk), but I''m made up (slang meaning = Happy, very satisfied) that these two are going to be off on their bikes (slang meaning = Going away)!

Sorry to be silly about your typo.. think you mean slagging match or something in your original question.

Hes not great, but hes been one of our best defenders for many many years. This doesnt mean to go as far as to say he has been good. He just makes too many mistakes.

[quote user="YellowNetsAreBetter"]A slanging match? You mean like .... I''m not one to gab (slang meaning = To chatter, talk), but I''m made up (slang meaning = Happy, very satisfied) that these two are going to be off on their bikes (slang meaning = Going away)! Sorry to be silly about your typo.. think you mean slagging match or something in your original question.[/quote]

slanging match

Noun

an angry quarrel in which people trade insults

I think catlineker was right. Not a silly typo at all.

[quote user="catlineker"]I dont want to start a slanging match on this topic again but for those who still rate him i was wondering why they think that noone else has ever come in for him?

Just asking?[/quote]There have never been any public disclosures of interest.  But the season before last, Roeder convinced him to sign a new contract.  We don''t know if anyone else was speaking to him about it.  And on the back of the EEN today it says Watford are considering a purchase.Do I still rate him?  I''ve never "rated" him, you make it sound like there are people here who don''t realise the Ginger Pele nickname is ironic.  But as a Championship and League One centre half, there are far worse out there than Doc and he has put in a good shift for this club at a difficult time.  I maintain he deserved player of the season back in 2005-6 and deserved his third place last year as he saved us a lot of points.  We could have finished bottom last season.

Obviously none of us know if anyone has come in for him. But it does seem odd how he went awol before the start of last season. I seem to recall Roeder offered him a contract and it was along time before Roeder heard back from him. I personally think he was waiting for someone to come in for him on a bosman and it never happened

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="YellowNetsAreBetter"]A slanging match? You mean like .... I''m not one to gab (slang meaning = To chatter, talk), but I''m made up (slang meaning = Happy, very satisfied) that these two are going to be off on their bikes (slang meaning = Going away)! Sorry to be silly about your typo.. think you mean slagging match or something in your original question.[/quote]

slanging match

Noun

an angry quarrel in which people trade insults

I think catlineker was right. Not a silly typo at all.

[/quote]Hee-hee! Well in Waz! Took the words out of my mouth! [:D][Y]