Sign in to follow this  
one 4 the future

Gunny apears!

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Don''t no if been mentioned but Gunnys a guest on bank holiday special soccer extra SS1 10am.[/quote]

interesting!

[quote user="Mr Gunn''s tasty daughter"]He heard that there would be a free meal in it.[/quote I''ll get him a kentucky if he wants to come round to mine and reveal all.[:P]

Looks like Gunny has joined the elite group of managers such as Paul Jewell and Iain Dowie who cant get a job so now spend their time watching games for sky sports

Good interview from the big man - got to have respect for him.

Ultimately a terrible piece of work by an inept board rather than his fault for not being a football manager

Only a couple of "new" things - well I didn''t know them before. The decision was taken at a board meeting on the Thursday before McNally went to Exeter too sack him on the Friday. And he is, in conjunction with the LMA still haggling over the financial terms of his departure. That''s interesting because as far as we know Mr Worthington got exactly what he wanted straightaway.

Suggests there was perhaps more to it than the bald facts of a 1-7 defeat and a 4-0 victory.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Only a couple of "new" things - well I didn''t know them before. The decision was taken at a board meeting on the Thursday before McNally went to Exeter too sack him on the Friday. And he is, in conjunction with the LMA still haggling over the financial terms of his departure. That''s interesting because as far as we know Mr Worthington got exactly what he wanted straightaway.

Suggests there was perhaps more to it than the bald facts of a 1-7 defeat and a 4-0 victory.[/quote]*snigger snigger*

A terrible piece of work in hiring him or firing him? I''d agree it was a stupid decision to hire, but it was the correct decision to fire - largely because he wasn''t a football manager.

It''s pretty easy to second-guess anything after it has gone wrong. Personally I didn''t think it looked a bad decision in January.

But what I don''t understand is why the re-appointment in May when he had manifestly failed. And making a decision of that magnitude before appointing the new CE and new board members was ludicrous.

I''m still of the belief, though, that something else has happened since May other than the 1-7 to get him sacked so quickly.

Have to agree with the last part of the post there. Something strange...in the neighbourhood....who ya gonna call? Gunnbusters!! Or McWally in this case.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]It''s pretty easy to second-guess anything after it has gone wrong. Personally I didn''t think it looked a bad decision in January.

But what I don''t understand is why the re-appointment in May when he had manifestly failed. And making a decision of that magnitude before appointing the new CE and new board members was ludicrous.

I''m still of the belief, though, that something else has happened since May other than the 1-7 to get him sacked so quickly.[/quote]Delia and Michael re-appointed him, new CEO and Chair turned up and wanted him gone. Surely that''s all there is to it?