Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Irish on their way!!

Qualities required:

1. Refusing to play where asked in the midst of a relegation battle

2. Delaying signing a new contract in the forlorn hope that someone else would come in

3. Consistently shouting one''s mouth off to the press about how well he will play NEXT week

Trouble is if Doherty goes we won''t have anyone like that left. Which is nice.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Qualities required:

1. Refusing to play where asked in the midst of a relegation battle

2. Delaying signing a new contract in the forlorn hope that someone else would come in

3. Consistently shouting one''s mouth off to the press about how well he will play NEXT week

Trouble is if Doherty goes we won''t have anyone like that left. Which is nice.[/quote]no 1 is new to me.

[quote user="Downloads"]

I''m a big Wes fan, i don''t hide that, but can''t ya see the benefit in keeping him?

Surely a creative person when games are looking dull and we should be winning would be just the tonic to come off the bench? Do people really think we are going to get so much money that it will make a difference to us anyway?

I''ve said before that he could play off one striker scenes as we only have one really good striker. Of course the left is Lappin''s, but that isn''t the only choice we should be offering. Lapping isn''t so good that he''s going to look great in every game.

[/quote]

Wes wouldn''t be contept with sitting on the bench everygame. He is not a team player. While I do not deny his ability, I think he thinks he is too good for this league, and his attitude is not the best as shown against Wycombe, where he came off the bench and looked disinterested. If Lambert could make him happy to be a squad player and play as part of the team, I could see massive benefits to him staying, but I just dont think he is the right player for our team at the moment. Lappin has a better all-round game than Hoolihan, contributing way more in defence, and his ability to put in a decent ball 90% of the time, when hoolihan beats the defender like 4 times, then gets tackled.

As for Doc... Cheerio, Cheerio, Cheerio :P

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yeah let''s get rid of Hoolahan, we don''t want any of those pesky talented players around here do we [8-)][/quote]

Oh wise up ffs, Hooligan, not content with beating a player once, then goes back and tries to beat him another 4 times......thus loosing the ball in the process, look at the results without him!

Lambo''s building a TEAM, not single starlets.

Case closed.

[/quote]I am totally, 100% behind Wiz on this one. Excellent closing line too. I don''t doubt that Hoolahan has potential, but for me he''s not been showing much of it. I think generally we''d be fine without him. The Wycombe win proves that we don''t need him that much. Even when he came on during that game he didn''t do much. We''ve got enough quality in midfield I think, the consistency will be a big factor and to be honest I think another spare body, posssibly a loan (as long as the whole team doesn''t consist of loans I''d back a loan player coming in) added and I don''t think we''d miss Hoolahan very much at all.Actually, I''d predict that if Hoolahan went now, we''d get a decent-ish price for him and in a years time when Swansea try to flog him because he''s not good enough, we''ll be proven right.As for Doc, I think a fresh start for him would be just what his career needs. I don''t doubt his commitment to our cause, and to be fair despite two relegations with us he''s stuck with it and kept going, despite the stick. For me though, his time to move on has definately come. 

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yeah let''s get rid of Hoolahan, we don''t want any of those pesky talented players around here do we [8-)][/quote]

Oh wise up ffs, Hooligan, not content with beating a player once, then goes back and tries to beat him another 4 times......thus loosing the ball in the process, look at the results without him!

Lambo''s building a TEAM, not single starlets.

Case closed.

[/quote]I am totally, 100% behind Wiz on this one. Excellent closing line too. I don''t doubt that Hoolahan has potential, but for me he''s not been showing much of it. I think generally we''d be fine without him. The Wycombe win proves that we don''t need him that much. Even when he came on during that game he didn''t do much. We''ve got enough quality in midfield I think, the consistency will be a big factor and to be honest I think another spare body, posssibly a loan (as long as the whole team doesn''t consist of loans I''d back a loan player coming in) added and I don''t think we''d miss Hoolahan very much at all.Actually, I''d predict that if Hoolahan went now, we''d get a decent-ish price for him and in a years time when Swansea try to flog him because he''s not good enough, we''ll be proven right.As for Doc, I think a fresh start for him would be just what his career needs. I don''t doubt his commitment to our cause, and to be fair despite two relegations with us he''s stuck with it and kept going, despite the stick. For me though, his time to move on has definately come.  [/quote]Hoolahan is a luxury player and I think we''re going to be playing much more "back to basics" football under Lambert - high work rate, pressing, closing down quickly, and relying more on set pieces for goals.  I feel as if we never saw what Hoolahan could really do for us, and I think that''s  a shame because I would love to have seen him play a more relaxed and free-flowing style of game but I don''t think that''s the way the team are heading.  Equally, he hasn''t impressed me much since he''s been here with the exception of that first half against Southampton which included the best goal I''ve seen scored at Carrow Road.Doc''s put in a fair shift and I respect the effort he''s put in, but it probably would be a good thing for him and NCFC if he moved on to another club.