Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Irish on their way!!

In the ppinkun in todays edp, it sayd that it is becoming more likey that both the doc and hoolahan will be leaveing the club!!

I would be gutted about both personally, i think hooly is a mtch winner and that the doc is a good defender, just not all the time!

yeah looks like Wes is on his way out, just can''t understand why we want to get rid of someone who offers something different.

Ah well.

Guess you have to go with the manager until hes proven wrong. Think we might regret it later though.

I have just read the article myself and it does honestly sound as if they have both played their last games for us.

Doherty i''m not too bothered about however, i think letting Wes go may be a mistake, but hey what do i know.

Let''s hope that Lambert has a couple of aces up his sleeve for replacements

Could be wage related as well,Doc be captain for the last two chaps and a ''senior'' pro will be on a fair wackHoolahoop will be a large wage as well I should think.Get rid of the wages and perhaps we can get a decent keeper in?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

In the ppinkun in todays edp, it sayd that it is becoming more likey that both the doc and hoolahan will be leaveing the club!!

I would be gutted about both personally, i think hooly is a mtch winner and that the doc is a good defender, just not all the time!

[/quote]gutted about what?? bye bye!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

They call it prudence with ambition. Its got us where we are today.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yeah let''s get rid of Hoolahan, we don''t want any of those pesky talented players around here do we [8-)]
[/quote]

Oh wise up ffs, Hooligan, not content with beating a player once, then goes back and tries to beat him another 4 times......thus loosing the ball in the process, look at the results without him!

Lambo''s building a TEAM, not single starlets.

Case closed.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''d really prefer to keep Wes.....I think the Doc needs to move on to pastures new.[/quote]

Freudian slip Mello?

Doc Going = Brilliant!! :)  I Hope Hoolahan Doesn''t Go Though, He Is One Of Our Best Players! Would Be A Great Shame If He Did :(

Be a shame to see them go. Both have their faults (as do all players) but it has been a joy to watch Wes beat players the way he does and as for the Doc...well I''ve got time for anyone who gives their all for Norwich City, which he certainly has.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yeah let''s get rid of Hoolahan, we don''t want any of those pesky talented players around here do we [8-)]
[/quote]

Oh wise up ffs, Hooligan, not content with beating a player once, then goes back and tries to beat him another 4 times......thus loosing the ball in the process, look at the results without him!

Case closed.

[/quote]

Hoolahan is a special talent but 1st Wizard pretty much sums up what the guys about!

Talented but more often than not no end product and the team have better shape without him!

But if Doc goes, what are the so called supporters who have to have a scapegoat gonna do?

[quote user="First Wizard"] Oh wise up ffs, Hooligan, not content with beating a player once, then goes back and tries to beat him another 4 times......thus loosing the ball in the process, look at the results without him!

Case closed.

[/quote]Absolutely spot on regards Hoolahan, we won''t miss him at all.... As for the Doc, praise the lord! So glad to finally see the back of him.

Many of us admire the skill of Hooly, and the way he can produce something out of nothing.It is true that he can unbalance a team, but this is no different to when Hux was playing. He left the LB very exposed. A lot of teams have this problem, and play 4-3-3, but your three midfielders have to be outstanding, especially if one is to play wide right, or you will concede plenty of goals, and you have to have a solid back four, which we do not have at the moment.I would like to see Wes displaying his skills, but I fear that at the moment he is a little surplus.

Very encouraged by Lambert''s actions so far. Yes, Hoolahan is a very talented player but that talent comes at a huge cost to the overall shape and structure of the team. I think it''s the right decision. Doherty as we all know, has been a liability from the day he signed. Thanks for the effort, but good riddance.

Wes is a top player going forward but when it comes to defending he is a bit lacking to say the least,i would love him to stay because imo he has the talent to win games and give most league 1 defenders a heart attack BUT he is very hit and miss and if selling him helps PL bring in the faces he feels could be the difference between pushing for the top 6 or mid table crap then sorry but needs must!! Oh and bye Doc, good luck!!

I''m a big Wes fan, i don''t hide that, but can''t ya see the benefit in keeping him?

Surely a creative person when games are looking dull and we should be winning would be just the tonic to come off the bench? Do people really think we are going to get so much money that it will make a difference to us anyway?

I''ve said before that he could play off one striker scenes as we only have one really good striker. Of course the left is Lappin''s, but that isn''t the only choice we should be offering. Lapping isn''t so good that he''s going to look great in every game.

In the summer when we had been relegated, I knew that keeping Hoolahan would be essential, even though I thought he would want to jump ship. Never did I think that a few months later, it would be Norwich City trying to flog Hoolahan, not Hoolahan trying to flog himself a move out of Norfolk.Before Lappin started playing again, a lot of people including myself said Wes would be key this season, now Lappin''s performing well in a position that Hoolahan doesn''t naturally play. Hoolahan is suddenly surplus to requirements. And yet they offer two completely different things and could both easily play in the same team. And then what happen''s when Lappin is injured?---------------Forster--------------------Smith--Askou--Nelson--Drury--------McVeigh--Adeyemi--Hughes--Lappin---------------Hoolahan--------------------------------Holt-------------------I don''t think that that team is unbalanced?Just like I said when Whaley signed, that there was a reason PNE fans were happy to get rid of him, there''s also a reason why Championship clubs are sniffing around Hoolahan. He is probably one of our only players with Championship interest and he will be a quality player, used properly, for anyone in that division. National newspapers providing analysis on Norwich City had earmarked Hoolahan as our key player this season.  It''s no coinsidence that when Hoolahan got injured in February, that''s when we started to stagnate. The creativity had gone, Hoolahan was the only one who looked like making things happen in the February period. He performed well against Yeovil in that uncomfortable LM position. It''s incredible how fickle Norwich City fans are. In pre-season, Hoolahan was rightly played in the free role, he played very well and was getting the highest player ratings. Many saw him as a key player. Now Lappin is performing well, Wesley who?I feel we are lucky that someone who was used out of position, has an agent who tried his best to persuade him to leave, wants/wanted to stay at the club. Roeder isolated Lappin, many thought Lappin was crap and this was a sensible thing to do. Lambert isolated Hoolahan... and then the story will be written.My personal hope is that a Championship club does not come in for Wesley, but thats unlikely as he is one of the few left actually worth something (unsurprisingly). If he does stay, I hope he gets the opportunity in the free role to show how he can thrive when used effectively. We sold Joe Lewis because we had David Marshall, now look at the goalkeeping situation. We''re selling Wesley Hoolahan because we have Simon Lappin. But if Wesley goes, and he probably will, I''m sure he, alongside another successful reject Joe Lewis, will enjoy playing and performing well in the second tier of English football.

Who''s going to be the City scapegoat now Doc is on his way? C''mon... we need someone to pretend is the sole cause of our demise. If I were Gary Doherty, I''d have asked for a transfer years ago - the way a lot of fans have treated him here is nothing short of a disgrace. The man''s commitment and ability go unnoticed by so many of you who willingly forgive exactly the same mistakes coming from any other player (especially if they''ve come through the academy - take a bow Michael ''never going to cut it'' Spillane). I wish Doherty all the best and thank him for 2 player of the season years and much more.

[quote user="wharfingcanary"]Who''s going to be the City scapegoat now Doc is on his way? C''mon... we need someone to pretend is the sole cause of our demise. If I were Gary Doherty, I''d have asked for a transfer years ago - the way a lot of fans have treated him here is nothing short of a disgrace. The man''s commitment and ability go unnoticed by so many of you who willingly forgive exactly the same mistakes coming from any other player (especially if they''ve come through the academy - take a bow Michael ''never going to cut it'' Spillane). I wish Doherty all the best and thank him for 2 player of the season years and much more. [/quote]LOLBye bye Donkey

Next Scapegoat , well obviously we got a couple of choices now :Cureton & Semi are probably the most likely.I think we should get a new mascot at Carrow if Doc''s leaving. A large donkey suit with ginger hair. Mascot can be called Donk''ery, would be a hit im sure.

Anyone dumb enough to think the man has none shouldn''t be watching football. Or, more likely, isn''t.

[quote user="Salopian"]Many of us admire the skill of Hooly, and the way he can produce something out of nothing.

It is true that he can unbalance a team, but this is no different to when Hux was playing. He left the LB very exposed. A lot of teams have this problem, and play 4-3-3, but your three midfielders have to be outstanding, especially if one is to play wide right, or you will concede plenty of goals, and you have to have a solid back four, which we do not have at the moment.

I would like to see Wes displaying his skills, but I fear that at the moment he is a little surplus.
[/quote]

well said and I can see your point! Il be glad doc is gone, but for me we are loosing a big talent in hoolahan, id love if he stayed!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

---------------Forster------------------
--Smith--Askou--Nelson--Drury-------
-McVeigh--Adeyemi--Hughes--Lappin
---------------Hoolahan---------------
-----------------Holt-------------------

I don''t think that that team is unbalanced?
[/quote]

Looks like a bloody good team to me.

Maric hasn''t played - So can''t judge him. But Martin / Cureton / Daley / McDonald / Kelly don''t look good enough for a starting position. Of that lot i would say Cody with his pace should start on the bench, but the others, i''m not sure what they offer. They don''t score enough, they can''t play a killer pass, so to me it makes sense to play with one up front until we get another decent striker.

Would prolly go Spillane at right back though myself and Smith right mid, but its horses for courses, it wouldn''t change the balance of the team.

I agree with Mr Bump on this one. As long as the midfielders get forward and support more often that team would work well. Hoolahan can tear teams to shreds when he''s played in that position.