Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

What Is Your Happiest Moment Watching City.......

Iwan scoring at Cardiff, any win away at the Scum, Crewe away when we won the Championship.

Worst is either the 5-0 away at the Scum, Carters penalty at Cardiff, Charlton, or the eerie silence after Reading''s first goal last season.

I''m too young to really remember the 92/93 season or the European games. First season ticket wasn''t until 94/95. :o(

would say beating wolves at home in the play-offs a few years back! the excitement and buzz going round Carrow road was amazing for the thought of being in the final. played pretty well if i remember!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]For me, Steve Bruce''s winning goal against the binners in the Milk Cup semi final has to be up there - at 14 it was my first season as a regular on my own, and as a result of that fantastic header I got to see my side play and win at Wembley...[/quote]Ill 2nd that..

Regarding the worst, i think I would have to go with the 92 Fa Cup semi final defeat. It was crushing to a 12 year old who wanted nothing more than his team to play in the Fa cup final, when it was still the pinnacle of the football season and the fact we were big favourites to beat Sunderland that day.The 5-0 thrashing we got at Ipswich in 98 (i think) would be a close 2nd, it really was a horrible experience being there that day.

I bet it was great for those of you who were at Cardiff away 2 seasons ago, when Ched Evans scored the winner from like 50 yards. In the 90th min!

Plus at Ninian park must have made in extra special.

Must be the League Cup semi final second leg replay against Chelsea in 1971(???). We were winning the original tie when the fog came in over the back of the River End and the game was abandoned. We won the second game in front of 36,000 to get to Wembley for the first (?) time.

Cardiff was awseome until the penalties - fantastic day in Wales

Worst was probably the FA Cup semi final loss against Everton the day of the Hillsborough tragedy

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Beating Bayern Munich and then drawing at Carrow Road to dump them out of the UEFA cup - Norwich were the ONLY English team to beat Bayern at the Olympic Stadium[/quote]

Totally agree, can''t see how it gets any better than that. We always get a mention when English teams are playing away to Bayern. A specific moment... The Goss volley will live on for my whole life.

Watching our true saviour (without her we would have surely folded) waddle out at half-time against Man City onto the pitch and grabbing the announcer''s microphone....Marvellous passion.

Best moment was the Bruce header in the Milk Cup semi and the five minutes that followed it (never heard that much noise at Carrow Road before or since).  Close behind would be away wins at Bayern or Anfield on the last day of standing on the Kop (it was never part of the script that we would dare win that one).

Worst did not actually involving watching us, but was when Everton did a City style no-show on the final day of the season to allow Coventry to win and send us down back in the early 80''s.  I was only about 11/12 and I cried my eyes out.  Never forgiven those scousers and that made losing an FA cup semi final to them come close as second worst moment (although all things considered that day it could have been much more awful).

Just a few more..........................Ayesome Park in the corner,norwich needed to beat or have the same result as Blackburn to qualify for Europe. We scored near the end and team blackburn were playing equalized in the last minute! True heaven!Last Kop game of the season jeremy Goss...superb! Man United 3-3Dont want to remember the bad ones,seems to be to many !

[quote user="Bury Green"]

It''s hard to pick just one so here are the best bits

Gossy scoring the last goal in front of the old Kop 

Walking across Carrow Bridge the night we played Arnhem, we had arrived 

Marco Van Robbins scoring on his debut in front of the Clock End 

Leaving the San Siro genuinely believing we would be back 

Wembley 85 

Bruce’s header in 1985 

TOTL@PR 

Iwan scoring in the Millennium Stadium 

Southampton in the FA Cup Quarter final 

Sunderland away the night we became Champions

And now the worst bits

Losing five nil at the filth

Selling Darren Eadie

Selling Craig Bellamy

Selling Chris Sutton

Selling Justin Fashanu

Selling Kevin Reeves

Fulham

Charlton

Loosing to Sunderland in the FA cup Semi Final

Watching Sutch take a penalty at the millennium Stadium and then Darren Carter

[/quote]

Bury Green...are you me?????  Those pretty well match exactly what I would have put...

Best

Gossy''s equaliser against Bayern at Carrow Road - watched it live on telly as I couldn''t get a ticket, launched myself off the sofa and accidentally punched a hole in the ceiling.

Pre-game at the Millenium, just feeling so proud of so many.

Ashton''s winner against Newcastle, seconds after I thought we had thrown it away.

Man Utd 2-0

Final whistle at the Milk Cup Final.

Beating Crystal Palace to stay up.

Losing 2-1 at Hillsborough but still going up after Leicester could only draw.

Worst

Losing 2-1 at home to Bradford City in FA Cup in 1975/76 (?)

Mike Walker resigning

Chris Sutton, Ruel Fox, Kevin Reeves, Dean Ashton , Steve Bruce, Graham Paddon leaving (and in the last one, Alex Ferguson calling us a "little club" - forever a scumbag)

FA Semi''s against Sunderland and Everton

Fulham & Charlton

Colchester

Graham Paddon, my absolute hero, dying too young

It was of course the Steve Bruce transfer, not the Graham Paddon one, where Mr Ferguson said what he said - forgot to edit.

My favourite moments are.

1. Gossys equaliser at home to Munich.

2. Gunny squaring up to Lothar Matthaus in the same match.

3. Top of the league at Portman Rd

4. Wolves at home in the play offs

Worst

1. The penalties in Cardiff.

2. Losing the FA Cup semi final to Sunderland

3. Delia pissed on the pitch at half time agains Man City

4. Losing to Ipswich on Andy Marshalls return to Carrow Rd

[quote user="yellow_in_nz"]would say beating wolves at home in the play-offs a few years back! the excitement and buzz going round Carrow road was amazing for the thought of being in the final. played pretty well if i remember!![/quote]That''s the one for me.

About April 84 or 85 hitch-hiked from Birmingham with my brother to watch us play Liverpool.   Got to ground at 1510.. Rush had already put the pool 1-0 up..   Liverpool had never lost a league game when Rush scored at the time.   

We outplayed them for the next 80 minutes and Drinkell scored our winner (rising drive, top corner) in the last minute.....  Didn''t get home til 3 the next day...had to sleep in a bus shelter at Wansford near Peterboro overnight.  All worth it of course!   Oh the glory days.   

We used to give youth a chance then...perhaps things are changing for the better!   On the ball City.

Bowens goal in the olympic stadium, was just in a state of disbelief.

Sutch knocking us back in front at villa park in 92 was also pretty good, Polstons goal at home to them later in the season when i actually believd the title was a possibility.

Leeds at home a few weeks later when the title was gone but we still played some of the greatest football i have ever seen live. Seeing Sutton and Fox in Peppermint Park after the game was good fun too

I was only a young City fan during the Euro adventures so I can''t say they had a real effect on me. For me, the best times as a Norwich fan were the play-off final (even though we lost), the semi against Wolves (I was three rows behind the goal where all 4 were scored), and I have never shouted, screamed, bounced around and gone mental quite so much as Dean Ashtons 94th minute goal against Newcastle.

Best:
That ball from Alex Notman that landed straight onto Iwan''s forehead
The way we carved Man Utd to pieces for the 2nd goal
Nicking 3 points off of the geordies
Adam Drury''s header to make it 4-4
Huck''s goal against Birmingham
Safri''s rocket
Seeing Carrow Rd as a fortress with Malky and Co at the back in the promotion season

Worst:
Trounced by Fulham
Danny Haynes punching the ball into the net
Not even bothering to turn up against Charlton or Reading or Col U
When Phil Mulryne and Daryl Sutch missed penalties at the Milennium Stadium
The majority of last season

For me, the happiest moment has to be when Iwan put us 1-0 up in the Play Off Final. Sheer hysterical happiness ensued.

Amazing.

Would only have been better should extra time have been decided by golden goal!

So many great memories for me in over 35 years.justin fashanu''s wonder goal in 1980 vs liverpoolgossys volley in munich. Never had so much beer passed my lips that nightWalking up to the san siro shaking me head thinking ''what are we in for here''sseing the man ure fan falling through the roof of the old barclay, apparently got a kicking whilst on the stretcher!!. That patch of asbestos sheet brought back memories from the old river endThe smell of the hot dog brine as you walked up to the old river endGetting home from work to find that robert chase had resignedfor me the worst of times.........all the defeats against the binnerswembley 73 and 75of course the capitulation against charltoncolchester this yearand most of allvs everton f.a cup semi-final at villa park. The same day as the hillsborough tragedy. Foootball or the result pailed into insignificance that day

Only ones missing that haven''t been mentioned, coming back from 2 - 0 down away at Arsenal to win 4 - 2 first game of the 92/93 season with a Robbins hat trick and following that with coming back from 2 - 0 down at Chelsea to win 3 - 2 with a goal in the last minute same season

Losing at Sheff Wed last game of the 81/82 season and the Wed fans goading a packed Norwich end that they''d snatched promotion from us......then the ripple of news spread across the terrace that Leicester had lost and we were going up 8000 Norwich fans erupted and the Wed fans on the pitch just stopped and stared

Priceless

"Losing at Sheff Wed last game of the 81/82 season and the Wed fans goading a packed Norwich end that they''d snatched promotion from us......then the ripple of news spread across the terrace that Leicester had lost and we were going up 8000 Norwich fans erupted and the Wed fans on the pitch just stopped and stared

Priceless "

Must have been well good and funny :P

That game at Hillsborough was an amazing day. My first away game and being on the Leppings Lane terrace, and then waiting after the final whistle to see if results had gone our way. And they did.

Sheffield Utd 1986; 5-2 to almost guarantee promotion, a stunning day, watched by me half cut after several pints in the Sportsman pub with a load of Blades fans.

Bradford 1986; 2-0, a goal on the first minute of each half at the huge bowl of Odsal. And waiting again to see if Pompy had failed to win. Dancving on the terrace as the players came out to celebrate, and the drive back to Norfolk with big Duncan on the Club Canary coach.

6th March 1985; Milk Cup semi final, the best moment supporting the cnanries in my opinion. Such an atmosphere and great game. Walking off the River End and thumping the Scum''s dressing room/portacabin letting Butcher and Co they took one hell of a beating.

Mick Channon scoring the only goal at Binman Road in the League cup in 1983.

The whole of the promotion season in 2003/04; especially MK, Coventry, Burnley and Reading, when that goal went in we really knoew we were going up. I was stunned and the coach back to Norfolk was silent as we took it all in.

And I think the best, the day Chase resigned, and we could get on with saving the club and stop the infighting. As if.......