Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

What Is Your Happiest Moment Watching City.......

Someone asked Arthur in another link, and just wondered what other people''s were.?

As im only young, i havent really experienced much joy supporting this football club. But there''s been a good few. Such as Man utd, Newcastle and Ipswich at home. The promotion season was probably the best though.

Worst being Charlton away and Col U home :(

What is your happiest/favourite moment watching the mighty Canaries?

:)

The equalizer against Middlesboro rates highly for me.Not the most important game in our history,but.......

I missed the Boro game cause i was at a mates birthday :''( i was sooooo gutted!

Must have such a great game!

Way back in April 1972 on a Monday night at Leyton Orient, clinching promotion to the top flight for the very first time, and it got even better over time because for over 20 years we never looked back.

Best moment (From):
Iwan Roberts header in the playoff final.
(At a reserve game, believe it or not) Clinching promotion.
Crewe Away, pitch invasion.
Man United 2-0.
Middlesbrough 4-4.

Worst moment (From):
Darren Carters penelty in the playoff final.
Fulham 6-0.
All losses at Ipswich I have seen.
Reading 2-0 (When I finally gave up hope of staying up).
Charlton away.

[quote user="Brendan"]I missed the Boro game cause i was at a mates birthday :''( i was sooooo gutted! Must have such a great game![/quote]

It wasn''t for most of it,and a lot of people had started to leave before the comeback.I seemed to have a bit of faith in City that day,and it paid off[Y]

Roberts goal at Cardiff

Mcveighs late winner against bradford that gave us a glimmer of hope of getting into playoffs

For me, Steve Bruce''s winning goal against the binners in the Milk Cup semi final has to be up there - at 14 it was my first season as a regular on my own, and as a result of that fantastic header I got to see my side play and win at Wembley...

Watford (a) 2004, this was the first game played after clinching promotion. It meant lot to me personally as the period between 95 and 04 were my most dedicated as a City fan (age thing really being born in 79'') and I had seen an awful lot of rubbish in that time period and it made it all feel worthwhile, to be there and celebrate it with about 4000 other city fans.

Extra time of the quarter final of the FA Cup at Carrow Road against Southampton... everyone holding their scarves up above their head and the entire ground singing que-sara as the game drew to a close...Beating Forest 3-1 to go top of the Premier league back in 92? One of the first games of the new Barclay I think...Iwan''s header at Cardiff...Phil Mulryne''s goal against Reading at the Madejski in the last minute for the 1-0 win. The roof almost came off the Norwich end of the ground...The promotion party at Watford...The pitch invasion at Crewe...Beating ManUre 2-0...and going top of the league, at Portman Road.I would list the bad memories too, but I think I''d need a few hours to collate them all.

Beating Bayern Munich and then drawing at Carrow Road to dump them out of the UEFA cup - Norwich were the ONLY English team to beat Bayern at the Olympic Stadium

Followed closely by winning the league cup in 85, Iwans goal at the playoff final and drawing with Middlesborough at Ayresome Park to get 3rd in the prem

Worst moment - losing on pens to Birmingham in the playoffs, followed by getting dumped by Sunderland in the FA Cup Semi.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Extra time of the quarter final of the FA Cup at Carrow Road against Southampton... everyone holding their scarves up above their head and the entire ground singing que-sara as the game drew to a close...

[/quote]

Also a great memory tho the Ex Wife ruined that game a bit by moaning that she was cold and couldnt see (we were standing at the back of the Barclay)

Norwich Reserves Vs Crystal Palace Reserves (I Think) It was when sunderland could only draw which meant we got promoted. They played the comentary after the Norwich game Palace scored we went mental.

Adam Drury''s equaliser against Middlesborough was brilliant as the whole ground was buzzing after it. The worst moment has to have been the play off final defeat or the Fulham game.

It''s hard to pick just one so here are the best bits

Gossy scoring the last goal in front of the old Kop 

Walking across Carrow Bridge the night we played Arnhem, we had arrived 

Marco Van Robbins scoring on his debut in front of the Clock End 

Leaving the San Siro genuinely believing we would be back 

Wembley 85 

Bruce’s header in 1985 

TOTL@PR 

Iwan scoring in the Millennium Stadium 

Southampton in the FA Cup Quarter final 

Sunderland away the night we became Champions

And now the worst bits

Losing five nil at the filth

Selling Darren Eadie

Selling Craig Bellamy

Selling Chris Sutton

Selling Justin Fashanu

Selling Kevin Reeves

Fulham

Charlton

Loosing to Sunderland in the FA cup Semi Final

Watching Sutch take a penalty at the millennium Stadium and then Darren Carter

Third round F.A Cup City in Div 111 Arsenal Div 1 and previous winners 30/1/1954. Played in snow storm. City missed early penalty. Star City forward Bobby Brennan sent off together with Forbes of Arsenal. We take the lead and increase it, they pull one back and we hold on to win 2-1. A slow snow bound happy return to Norfolk for a young impressionable teenager

72/3 beating Crystal Palace at home in the last home game to stay up in our first season in the top division with a crowd of nearly 37000 at Carrow Road.

Home game with Bayern in Europe - the only match I ever went to with both my Mum and Dad.

3-0 win at Elland Road in 76

Milk Cup Semi v Ipswich at Carrow Road

Milk Cup Final v Sunderland