Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

OT..but ARE YOU THERE HOLLYWOOD CANARY??

Nothing to do with football, so I''m bound to get flamed from the cyber police, but I couldn''t give a s**t.  Hollywood Canary, how bad are the fires over your way??  I''m gonna be there in just over a week, and it looks pretty bad from this end.  I''m going into San Fran on Saturday, then down to LA via Yosemite and Death Valley.  Am I going to get fried??

[img]http://vipulsolanki.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/cyber_police.jpg[/img][img]http://www.nmsu.edu/~safety/images/fire_meaney.gif[/img]

I''m actually not in LA at the moment (outta town with work for a while) so I can''t give you a first hand account i''m afraid dude. Been told that the smoke in LA is pretty horrid right now though. We get this every year here, but normally not as close to the big cities. I''m hoping it clears up soon - fingers crossed you''ll have no problems with your vacation. Death Valley will be pretty boiling though!! Make sure you pack the sun screen!!

Really sorry to hear the news about the two firefighters that sadly passed away on duty today though - really tragic and my thoughts are with their families.

Keep checking the fire maps that are out there and the usual info sources (usatoday, la times, twitter etc) for the latest news.

I''ll find out from peops back home what its like and let you know.

Cheers guys.  looks like it''s just north of Pasadena at the moment, and the fire fighters are trying to stave it off before it moves any further South. Yeah, terrible news about the two fire fighters, dying trying to protect others. 

Death Valley will certainly be a scorcher, I''ll be all hats, sun screen and air con in the motor! 

Cheers to blahblahblah for the map - very handy!

I dont leave until the weekend, so I''ll keep checking up to then.  Let me know if you hear anything else from your end HC.  Thanks in advance!! 

P.S I''m still waiting on a reply from the Cat N Fiddle regarding the MK Dons game, I''ll let you know should it be on!!