Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

good luck hoolahan!

Cant wait to see you back to your best at another club. Maybe then most of the clueless idiots willing you off at norwich will realize just what we had. How the hell lambert can say you will struggle for a game is beyond me, he plays jamie cureton, (who is probally on the same wages) what an insult to your abillity.

As usual norwich ship out another quality player, absolutely sick of this.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Cant wait to see you back to your best at another club. Maybe then most of the clueless idiots willing you off at norwich will realize just what we had. How the hell lambert can say you will struggle for a game is beyond me, he plays jamie cureton, (who is probally on the same wages) what an insult to your abillity.

[/quote]

I''d get back to pretending to be a Reading supporter if I were you, "Golden Coppell". Hoolahan is a one footed, one trick pony with a dodgy attitude. I''ll happily drive him to anyone who offers us £500K.

Hoolahan is a light weight, always tries to beat one man to many, he is lazy and does not have a good enough final ball to threaten any defence.

Hmm nice attention seeking post Lincoln.

There''s no evidence that Hooly is going or indeed staying so no point in this thread... yet.

And as for criticising Lambert, is it not a bit early for that taking account of his start and the apparent thought processes prior to picking his team selection, unlike his predecessors? I''m happy to let him build this squad HE wants and if that does or does not include the likes of Hooly, Maric, Theo etc etc, so be it.

P.S. I actually really like Wes and want him to stay...

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

I''d get back to pretending to be a Reading supporter if I were you, "Golden Coppell". Hoolahan is a one footed, one trick pony with a dodgy attitude. I''ll happily drive him to anyone who offers us £500K.

[/quote]

Well if thats your analysis, then you really know f**k all about football

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I love it when someone resorts to mindless abuse in response to one of my posts. It means I''ve won.[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I love it when someone resorts to mindless abuse in response to one of my posts. It means I''ve won.[:D]

[/quote]

I suppose you also think that the money will be re-invested in the squad as well as most on this board? Im going think you cannot be stupid enough to believe it would, so why would you be happy to sell for 500k when we will never see this cash? so as ive said before your another one of these supporters who would cleary see "fresh air" then a Wes Hoolahan

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Beau, if you think that about Hoolahan, how come you still think he''s worth £500k?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suppose you also think that the money will be re-invested in the squad as well as most on this board? Im going think you cannot be stupid enough to believe it would, so why would you be happy to sell for 500k when we will never see this cash? so as ive said before your another one of these supporters who would cleary like to see "fresh air" then a Wes Hoolahan

[/quote]

I''m confused. Only a matter of weeks ago the majority of of posters on here were raving about Hoolahan and his important role to play for this season. Now it seems that most people want him out. As I stated, I''m confused.

I actually really like Hoolahan and would be sad to see him go. He has that ability to change games (although, yes, he is fustrating at times too).

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Every time ! [Y]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau, if you think that about Hoolahan, how come you still think he''s worth £500k?
[/quote]

Hoolahan doesn''t fit our system, Scrimmage.He has only had success when teams have been buit around him, because his one footedness makes him very easy to handle if he plays out wide. Defenders simply have to show him inside to where the cover is. He will do better in the "hole" but to accomodate that you have to concede the conventional 4-4-2 shape which Lambert clearly wants to adopt.Having said that, he hasn''t exactly been winning us games single handedly even when in his favoured position, so he''s a luxury which we can ill afford. I don''t think he''s worth £500k, hence my comment about driving hin personally if we got it. I quite like Wes, but he''s not the footballing god that some think he is, and we could do better.

Note to Golden Coppell. You see, if you''re sensible and don''t swear I answer you properly. Try it sometime.[;)]

i think ill actually bother to enter into this one rather than just read and laugh.Now, what we have in Hools IMO is a player with an eye for a pass, a bit of creativity, something vaguely along the lines of a Paul Merson, if we ever played him just behind the front two (and no im not saying hes as good as Merse was in his heyday!).But hang on......here''s the problem.....a good passer of the ball is only as good as the runs he can see. Mulryne regularly got slagged off by sections of City support for going backwards,why did he do it? no forward pass was on!!! Now ill admit hools needs to work out how to use his other foot,and yes maybe he tries too much or holds on too long....but again, why does he hold on too long? Simple answer there is no one running into space for him to play in..!!Which now brings me to the crucial issue....keep or go?!?For me, i have to say im in the let him go camp,simply because we have such a static, non football minded midfield and forward line (tho i believe Holt is a gem and works his socks off...the guy that plays off him needs to think about running the channels!!) he is essentially wasted at this club.  If we can get a fee, get a few solidly built midfield scrappers and try to get out of the league that way, then so be it.  However i wouldnt be at all surprised to see Hools in a well coached Championship side (swansea under martinez  for example) and watch him run the show.We havent seen the best of him for sure and hes not really been here or done anything to merit any kind of hertfelt goodbye so i guess i just hope we put a half decent sell on clause in whoever we ship him to...... If hes good enough in the eyes of Trappatoni then he''s sure as hell good enough for our current bunch!Spend the money wisely City!!!

I really like Hoolahan and think he could be a key player for us. The problem is you have to play him in the correct position in the hole behind the forward(s), he is not an out and out left winger. It appears Lambert wants to play a traditional 442 with hard working winger who support the fall backs and deliver crosses, therefore unfortunately Hoolahan is surplus to requirements.On the basis that we have to back Lambert''s judgement, lets hope if Wes is sold that frees up some funds, to spend in the transfer market.

[quote user="6088m canary"]i think ill actually bother to enter into this one rather than just read and laugh.
Now, what we have in Hools IMO is a player with an eye for a pass, a bit of creativity, something vaguely along the lines of a Paul Merson, if we ever played him just behind the front two (and no im not saying hes as good as Merse was in his heyday!).
But hang on......
here''s the problem.....

a good passer of the ball is only as good as the runs he can see. Mulryne regularly got slagged off by sections of City support for going backwards,why did he do it? no forward pass was on!!! Now ill admit hools needs to work out how to use his other foot,and yes maybe he tries too much or holds on too long....but again, why does he hold on too long? Simple answer there is no one running into space for him to play in..!!

Which now brings me to the crucial issue....keep or go?!?

For me, i have to say im in the let him go camp,simply because we have such a static, non football minded midfield and forward line (tho i believe Holt is a gem and works his socks off...the guy that plays off him needs to think about running the channels!!) he is essentially wasted at this club.  If we can get a fee, get a few solidly built midfield scrappers and try to get out of the league that way, then so be it.  However i wouldnt be at all surprised to see Hools in a well coached Championship side (swansea under martinez  for example) and watch him run the show.

We havent seen the best of him for sure and hes not really been here or done anything to merit any kind of hertfelt goodbye so i guess i just hope we put a half decent sell on clause in whoever we ship him to...... If hes good enough in the eyes of Trappatoni then he''s sure as hell good enough for our current bunch!

Spend the money wisely City!!!

[/quote]Think that sums the situation up very well, we now have a team full of Artisans and that may not be a bad thing in this division only time will tell us if more is needed.