Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

SELL CURETON!

I just can''t understand why we are not selling Cureton(or giving him away). He''s crap! He does not score anywhere near enough goals. For a striker, he''s got a terrible goal scoring record in the last couple of years. All this talk about Hoolahan leaving, and Lambert decides to KEEP our worst forward! It''s blinkin crazy!!!

Dangerous thing to post here - don''t you know he bleeds green and yellow, just needs an arm round his shoulder, can guarantee goals at this level, etc? Arf. Get rid.

I agree, although Lambert see''s something in him.

Perhaps he''s thinking that if he starts scoring he''ll get his confidence back and start knocking the goals in.

We''ll see

Get his confidence back? We''ve been saying this for the last year! And were still waiting! The thing is, it''s not like he sets goals up either. No goals and no assists!

[quote user="colneycanary"]I just can''t understand why we are not selling Cureton(or giving him away). He''s crap! He does not score anywhere near enough goals. For a striker, he''s got a terrible goal scoring record in the last couple of years. All this talk about Hoolahan leaving, and Lambert decides to KEEP our worst forward! It''s blinkin crazy!!![/quote]

Ok. We are not selling him because, as you have so eloquently pointed out he''s crap, so who would want to buy him?

We are not giving him away because in order to do that we would have to pay off the last year of this "hilarious" 3 year contract good old Granty gave him.

Presumably it is better to pay him to be here, than pay him to be somewhere else. We may still have scraped survival last year if Roeder had followed this logic.

Please realise that you cannot just "get rid" of contracted proffessional footballers.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Very true Fuglestad but Dotherty is under contract too and he was told to find another club![/quote]Yes, but if he doesn''t, or if another club doesn''t come in for him, then we still have to pay up his contract if we let him go.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Very true Fuglestad but Dotherty is under contract too and he was told to find another club![/quote]

I imagine Doherty would have less trouble finding another club, and I also imagine he would be more willing to take a pay-cut in order to play football than Jamie Jamie.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I just can''t understand why we are not selling Cureton(or giving him away). He''s crap! He does not score anywhere near enough goals. For a striker, he''s got a terrible goal scoring record in the last couple of years. All this talk about Hoolahan leaving, and Lambert decides to KEEP our worst forward! It''s blinkin crazy!!![/quote]

Thankfully, you''re not the manager, nor can posters like you bully him into your way of thinking, Lambo knows what he''s doing.

You are assuming that somebody else wants him even on a free transfer!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I agree, although Lambert see''s something in him. Perhaps he''s thinking that if he starts scoring he''ll get his confidence back and start knocking the goals in. We''ll see[/quote]

Alternatively he doesn''t want to burn out McDonald and Daley by playing them too much before they are ready for 90 mins twice a week.

Who on earth would want a 33-year old donkey who barely plays at Norwich City?

Sorry mate, bad thread [N]

I suppose now that the doc looks on his wayout someone else has to become the new scapegoat ,step up MR Cureton looks like your life will be hell on here from now on.

Sell him lmfao , he is worth nothing and its worrying he has started playing again , if we really have ambitions of promotion Holt needs a goalscoring partner (and Cody isnt up to it either) lets get  a bid in for Billy Sharp , prolific at this level and £1 million should get him . Have we the ambition ? no way.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]I suppose now that the doc looks on his wayout someone else has to become the new scapegoat ,step up MR Cureton looks like your life will be hell on here from now on.
[/quote]

That would be the "striker" who hasn''t scored since January in a competitive match? Yes , he''s a scapegoat alright. It may have something to do with being totally unfit for purpose.Of course, it''s probably just a confidence thing so let''s give him another 20 or so games. Give me a break FFS!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]I suppose now that the doc looks on his wayout someone else has to become the new scapegoat ,step up MR Cureton looks like your life will be hell on here from now on.[/quote]

That would be the "striker" who hasn''t scored since January in a competitive match? Yes , he''s a scapegoat alright. It may have something to do with being totally unfit for purpose.Of course, it''s probably just a confidence thing so let''s give him another 20 or so games. Give me a break FFS!

[/quote]He hasn''t scored since january because he has hardly played ,but don''t let that cloud your judgement.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]I suppose now that the doc looks on his wayout someone else has to become the new scapegoat ,step up MR Cureton looks like your life will be hell on here from now on.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He hasn''t scored since january because he has hardly played ,but don''t let that cloud your judgement.
[/quote]

And the old lie is perpetuated......

I''m not his biggest fan, but he''s been back in the starting line-up for 2 games and we''ve won them both. Some people just love to moan, moan, moan. It''s not all about scoring goals, if he makes a run that pulls a defender off Holt he''s done his job.

Right now Lambert''s got his decisions with the club spot on. His got a winning team that''s included Jamie Cureton.

I trust Lambert''s judgement so if he says Jamie''s in the team then thats good enough for me, until we start losing games whilst Jamie is playing and missing chances left right and centre.