Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Interesting...from the 'Dodgy Rumour' site

***Norwich City Football Club News***

Paul Lambert will be using Tuesdays Johnstones Paint Trophy game to take a look at the remaining few ''dead–wood'' players beore making a decision on what happens on deadline day.

Out of favour trio Darel Russell, Goran Maric and Dejan Stefanovic are all expected to take some part against the Bees and will need to impress to avoid being shipped out by Lambert.

Definate outs will be Wes Hoolahan, on his way to Paulo De Sousa''s Swansea and Gary Doherty who is wanted by former team mate Malky Mackay at Watford

If Lambert can get a few quid for these two and prehaps a few more who are attracting interest then expect him to start dipping into the transfer market himself David Perkins transfer request at Colchester is supposedly a smoke–screen for his move to Carrow Road.
Lambert is also in the market for Crewe striker Calvin Zola, Col Utd defender Danny Fox and a few other targets.

Watch this space, it could be an exciting deadline day for Canary fans.

It doesn''t add up as the transfer deadline finishes before the game starts, so how would he ship them out after the game......................or am i taking this dodgy rumour site too seriously?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]It doesn''t add up as the transfer deadline finishes before the game starts, so how would he ship them out after the game......................or am i taking this dodgy rumour site too seriously?[/quote]

You need to take it with a pinch of salt, but it does throw up some interesting things, sometimes. [;)]

I think the transfer deadline has been extended this year, I guess because of it falling on the bank holiday, but I then again I maybe wrong.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]I have just realised the major flaw with this rumour and that is that the game Tuesday is AFTER the transfer window has shut.[/quote]

But you can loan players in or out (after the window has shut + 1 week?) with a view to a permanent signing (when the transfer window opens again), e.g., Etuhu.

Why do we have transfer windows?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]I have just realised the major flaw with this rumour and that is that the game Tuesday is AFTER the transfer window has shut.[/quote]

But you can loan players in or out (after the window has shut + 1 week?) with a view to a permanent signing (when the transfer window opens again), e.g., Etuhu.

Why do we have transfer windows?

[/quote]To prevent Manchester United stopping Newcastle United from winning the Premier League by buying their best player, Andrew Cole. It is a slightly outdated problem though!Maybe it should be dropped from the lower leagues and just kept for the premier league, which can affford the large squad it entails.

If Lambert thinks that Russell, Maric and Stephanovic are deadwood players in the Third Division he would need his head seeing to.

Unless of course it is they who want away.

OTBC

[quote user="barryevans"]

danny fox didn''t cov just sell him to celtic for £3mill

tell its bull

[/quote]About as much bull as every single one of your posts.

[quote user="Mason 47"]

When were Malky and Doc ever at the same club?

Flaw number 2 perhaps

[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking. Didn''t we lure Donkerty in with a carrot while pushing Mackay out the door? Not a good move, that one.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If Lambert thinks that Russell, Maric and Stephanovic are deadwood players in the Third Division he would need his head seeing to.

Unless of course it is they who want away.

OTBC

[/quote]

2 of them at least are on a lot of money. Russell has said he wants to go and Stefanovic is 34 and recovering from a very bad injury. Very few of us have seen Maric to be able to judge him in anyway, so unable to comment on whether he is deadwood or not. Some would say Nelson was deadwood after the Col U game but that seems to have changed after one good performance at Hartlepool.....

[quote user="barryevans"]

danny fox didn''t cov just sell him to celtic for £3mill

tell its bull

[/quote]The bullshitter meant David FoxThen again you are bullshitting about Eastwood and Henderson, just looking for Coventry connections.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Mason 47"]

When were Malky and Doc ever at the same club?

Flaw number 2 perhaps

[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking. Didn''t we lure Donkerty in with a carrot while pushing Mackay out the door? Not a good move, that one.

[/quote]Actually footballing wise it was. Malky would have been ripped appart in the prem.I was discussing this with a couple of buddies the other day and we said that the biggest difference is that Malky knew where to foul his player unlike Doherty who does it all over the place. Malky was a ball winner but never that assured with the ball at his feet, infact his normal reaction was to hoof it as far up the field as he could. This is ok when you have someone like Iwan who will win you a lot of knock downs and flick ons but not so great if you are playing teams with good defenders.The only difference is that Malky was a bit of a leader. He knew how to organise his defence and it is the fact that working with the players around him that made our defences one of the meanest in the league for a few years. Fleming was another ''silent'' member of that defence but much more the passing player. Malky won the ball and would give it to him or hoof it. Fleming would try and start the passing from the back.Unfortunately when it came to the premiership Malky''s lack of pace and ability on the ball would have left him vulnerable as Watford found the few times they played him in the prem. Should we have kept him to keep the spirit in the changing room - probably but I think Worthington was honest and straight with his players and probably told Malky that he wasn''t going to get many games. At that age players want to be playing not warming benches or seats in the stands.