Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Is anyone else really starting to like League 1?

Yes there are down sides like being expected to beat all the other teams by people that know naff all about them or the league and the fact that losing is bad what with the weight of expectations... BUT seeing all the new grounds, being a massive club in league 1 and winning more than you lose is surely a nice thing to experience? Its not where we want to be, far from it but it makes you realise how lucky we are to have to have the wonderful fan base, the great stadium and the history.Bouncing back straight away is a must though. I fear admin if we dont go up this season...

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I always enjoy the football season...but enjoy league 1....NO CT  [/quote]absolutely not and it''s gonna be damn difficult to get out of it. Give me the championship any day, most enjoyable league in english football

Im enjoying winning hoxever i would much prefer those wins to be in the championship.

On the plus side tho a season down here is ok  standing for games is quite good!

Christ no.

It really bugs me that you cannot even tune in to Sky Sports News to find out who bloody scored as it only tells you the first two divisions in England and the Scottish Premier.

The sooner we get out of this hell hole the better

[quote user="CT "]Yes there are down sides like being expected to beat all the other teams by people that know naff all about them or the league and the fact that losing is bad what with the weight of expectations...

BUT seeing all the new grounds, being a massive club in league 1 and winning more than you lose is surely a nice thing to experience? Its not where we want to be, far from it but it makes you realise how lucky we are to have to have the wonderful fan base, the great stadium and the history.

Bouncing back straight away is a must though. I fear admin if we dont go up this season...
[/quote]

Obviously it''s nice to be winning again but those wins would be better in championship.

Overall it''s nice winning but i don''t want to be in league 1 for more then a season.

I gotta agree with you, but I don''t exactly know why.. I think we''ve been sorrounded by the same 16 or so teams for like 10 years (apart from that ONE season that just feels like a random dream) It''s nice to experience this change, I''ve enjoyed the trialist system preseason, i''ve enjoyed seeing the club buying a player i''ve always thought, if we were ever in a lwer league i''d LOVE to have him, in Grant Holt. And hopefully, now things have changed we can start to feel 100% confident of a top 4 finish. That''s the optimistic point of view, and for some reason I''m just enjoying the change. I''m not a Smudger, I have a life and some personality. So i''m not going to cry while we are in the league, I accept the fact we''re here, htere''s nothing I can do about it.. So I may as well enjoy the "loan" spell in league one, and enjoy seeing some of football''s REAL football clubs and grounds

No its crap. Crap head tennis and the majority of the teams are crap.

Please God let us get out of here as soon as possible.

[quote user="CT "]Yes there are down sides like being expected to beat all the other teams by people that know naff all about them or the league and the fact that losing is bad what with the weight of expectations... BUT seeing all the new grounds, being a massive club in league 1 and winning more than you lose is surely a nice thing to experience? Its not where we want to be, far from it but it makes you realise how lucky we are to have to have the wonderful fan base, the great stadium and the history.Bouncing back straight away is a must though. I fear admin if we dont go up this season...[/quote]Mate, we''re a massive club when we were in the Championship, we''re bigger than most clubs in the premiership as well (going by fanbase of course)

CT, me old muckerYou don''t believe that, that''s just the start of an excuse. A "feel good factor," beginning to be concocted, as to why, it would be ok to remain in the league your in, perhaps, it''s just you getting nervous? These grounds that you are or will be travelling to with your fellow supporters, looking forward to seeing alot of these dumps are you, straight up?  Who''s expecting you to beat all the teams down there? It''s a sign of how far you''ve fallen my friend, that when the results come through on a saturday night, yours unfortunately, are not even on the radar of Championship and premier league clubs and their fans, sorry. I''d love to see you back but, carry on playing as you have been so far and ''fings will become a bit dodgy for you.Andy.

Were in League 1? i ddin''t notice tbh, if anything the teams we have seen this season are as good/better than last year..... all the teams we lost too where crap...................

I have to agree with the person who said ''more adapting and getting used to it'', thats what it is.I hate league 1, always have mocked the lower league supporters I know and will continue to do so when we bounce back up out of this hell hole.I want promotion this year, and Paul ''to be sure'' [:P] Lambert is the man to do it.[Y]

No!

And you should write THIRD DIVISION   -    League One is the product of marketing spin aimed at gullible people.

1,2,3     =        THIRD DIVISION.

OTBC

I love it. I don''t care which division we''re in. As long as I can go and watch my team play football it really doesn''t matter to me. And before people start bleeting about being prepared to compromise on 3rd Division football, that''s not my point. I want us to be back where we were in 1993, but we''re not right now. So I''ll enjoy where we are for the moment (what''s the point in not) and do all I can to get back to where we should be. Enjoying the current football and accepting this pathetic fate are two different things.

And the story of the season so far for me is WLY. The memories of Cardiff and the love that we had for them was fab. Then he lost his way. But now he''s back and really looking good. Brings a tear to my eye....

I love being able to stand at matches, and seeing some new grounds.  I hate the fact that any info on Norwich is shoved right down the bottom of a schedule and often doesnt appear at all

That said I would love the Championship table to look the same at the end of the season as it does now!

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

I love being able to stand at matches, and seeing some new grounds.  I hate the fact that any info on Norwich is shoved right down the bottom of a schedule and often doesnt appear at all

That said I would love the Championship table to look the same at the end of the season as it does now!

[/quote]

Or when the Worthy Out campaign succeeded perhaps?[:P]

[quote user="CT "]Yes there are down sides like being expected to beat all the other teams by people that know naff all about them or the league and the fact that losing is bad what with the weight of expectations...

BUT seeing all the new grounds, being a massive club in league 1 and winning more than you lose is surely a nice thing to experience? Its not where we want to be, far from it but it makes you realise how lucky we are to have to have the wonderful fan base, the great stadium and the history.

Bouncing back straight away is a must though. I fear admin if we dont go up this season...
[/quote]

Can''t say I like it tbh would much rather be in the Championship playing the likes of Newcastle, Middlesborough and Ipswich but have sort of adjusted as much as you can.

Being in league one hasn''t had a great effect on me now we''re here if you take my meaning.  Whatever the circumstances surrounding the reasons why we find ourselves in division 3 doesn''t stop me getting just as excited on match day, whether we''re playing Hartlepool or Manchester United..  As long as I feel the players care who I''m watching on the pitch then I''m happy to pay my money. 

It''s different and its nice being able to go to some different grounds.  It''s when I look up at the Championship table and see teams like Barnsley, Blackpool and Scunthorpe in the league above that depression starts to set in again.

We went to Hartlepool yesterday and on the way posed the question 

“What do you know about Hartlepool”  ?

The silence was deafening, we didn’t know what colour they played in, who any of their players were, who their manager was but we did know that had a mascot called H’Angus and there we were on a  500 mile round trip of football fact finding 

Anyway we are now much better informed, they played in blue or was it red?  They have got a player called James Brown the Geoff Stelling likes, Cyril Knowles much once have played for them and H’Angus was most amusing, oh and Geoff Winter (referee) must be a supporter.

Division One, we salute you…………………….

[/quote]

P5 W2 D1 L2

Getting a bit ahead of yourself CT. Hopefully that will be the case but we have only just broke even at the moment

Are you kidding ?

I still find myself looking at the Championship fixture list and table and it seems really odd that we''re not in there somewhere. I don''t think I''m the only one. Listening to the match on Radio Norfolk yesterday and even the commentators didn''t seem to know half the Hartlepool players names.

Then there''s the ridiculous Paint Pot Trophy coming up on Tuesday. How embarrassing is that ? Half of Carrow Road closed and prices slashed to a fiver maximum in an attempt to get people in there on the night. At least Chris Goreham and Neil Adams could see the funny side of it all.

Still, there''s always the First Round of the FA Cup to look forward to on 7th November. Play our cards right and we could be out of all the knockout competitions even before Santa has had time to build his grotto.

CT is right in saying that " bouncing straight back is a must though ". Never mind the thought of administration. I just don''t want 2009/10 to become the norm  for the Canaries season after season thank you very much.......

Still not use to it, i am still going on the bbc website and clicking on the championship, wondering we aren''t on there for a milli second. Tuesday and the 1st round of the FA cup especially are going to be pretty heavy doses of reality that we are now 3rd tier football club.Though I don''t particularly like some of the snobbish views put across on this board that as fans and a club we are too good for this. We are there because we weren''t good enough on the pitch and are in a division which best suits our ability. Acting like we are something better than teams like Hartlepool, Brentford, Exeter etc is a bit cringeworthy if you ask me and is exactly the kind of thing I hated when we were in the top flight and the glory supporting big club fans looked down on us. The people who support these clubs, almost all without exception support their local (or some connection to the place family etc) club and are real football fans.

Lovin'' it!.....At ''Pools'' meat an'' spud pie, cone o'' chips and a drink - for around a fiver!.....Football''s sh*t though....

Then, there is Carra.......Munchies pricey (and sh*t)......and Football was sh*t....

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]I always enjoy the football season...but enjoy league 1....NO CT  [/quote]

absolutely not and it''s gonna be damn difficult to get out of it. Give me the championship any day, most enjoyable league in english football
[/quote]

I will like it even better when If we get that Championship trophy after the Carlisle match

[quote user="Longy"]Though I don''t particularly like some of the snobbish views put across on this board that as fans and a club we are too good for this. We are there because we weren''t good enough on the pitch and are in a division which best suits our ability. Acting like we are something better than teams like Hartlepool, Brentford, Exeter etc is a bit cringeworthy if you ask me and is exactly the kind of thing I hated when we were in the top flight and the glory supporting big club fans looked down on us. The people who support these clubs, almost all without exception support their local (or some connection to the place family etc) club and are real football fans.[/quote]Totally agreed.