Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Fraser Forster from Newcastle

He looked very solid and read the game well.  Anticipated problems and came out to deal with them.  With our defence that''s exactly what we seem to need!  Looked about 6ft 6 tall!

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]He looked very solid and read the game well.  Anticipated problems and came out to deal with them.  With our defence that''s exactly what we seem to need!  Looked about 6ft 6 tall![/quote]

Thats correct, Mr Forster looked very capable and this instilled confidence in the rest of the team particularly the defence who I thought were excellent yesterday albeit against a powderpuff Hartlepool attack!

Young canary, Forster didn''t have a lot to do...but did everything required (cathching cross balls, corners, free-kicks) in a manner that instilled supreme confidence in the defenders in front of him and the fans behind him. Absolute giant of a keeper, and judged on what i saw he''d be first choice keeper and I''d look to extend the loan. Only criticism is that he didn''t appear to be very vocal. Will have to see how he performs as a shot stopper in future games as Hartlepool didn''t test this aspect of his game.

Most likely not very vocal because - according to the post match interview - he didn''t know any of our defenders'' names.

[quote user="Daphne formerly Old Yellow Bird"]Most likely not very vocal because - according to the post match interview - he didn''t know any of our defenders'' names.[/quote]

But he''s a big lad. Should be popular with you ladies.

And remember - silent rivers run deep.

OTBC