Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Notts County In For Doc

Just heard this rumour from a friend...Doc and Sol Campbell partnership??? He also said that 2 Championship clubs will be have had bids accepted but didnt say who...sorry about the lack off info but it was a short email...oh and Hoolahan has already had a medical somewhere.

would make sense as sol must know doc from spurs,do you think sol reccomended the doc to sven LOL think that wes is going to swansea

AHAHAHAHA.

Get rid of Hoolahan, get a good replacement. Get rid of Doc, get a good replacement. Under a day to go though :S

When you get rid of Hoolahan in League One, you don''t get a ''good'' replacement.FACT.

The ''ginger pele'' at Notts? I think you can discount that one! Hope so anyway. Notts linked with everyone at the moment. (I''m not complaining! [:)]Nexus-Canary got it right imo.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="John"]When you get rid of Hoolahan in League One, you don''t get a ''good'' replacement.FACT.[/quote]Paul McVeigh....[/quote]Oh... My.... Lord?[^o)].....................................

I''m as big a McVeigh fan as the next Norwich fan, and was 1 of a ''rare'' few honestly backing Gunn to sign him up on this board after he left Luton.But please, over the course of the season, tell me just how McVeigh will consistently prove to be a capable replacement for Hoolahan?CT, i''m telling you right now.... You''re an utter fool.

The fact that McVeigh actually PUTS THE BALL INTO THE BOX rather than just fannying out trying to beat every player on the opposition tells me McVeigh will be better for us than Hoolahan. I am not an utter fool just because I rate McVeigh over Wes.

[quote user="CT "]The fact that McVeigh actually PUTS THE BALL INTO THE BOX rather than just fannying out trying to beat every player on the opposition tells me McVeigh will be better for us than Hoolahan.

I am not an utter fool just because I rate McVeigh over Wes.

[/quote]

You could have also mentioned the fact that McVeigh can actually use his "other " foot rather than having to execute a 360 degree turn CT.

[quote user="John"]When you get rid of Hoolahan in League One, you don''t get a ''good'' replacement.FACT.[/quote]I don''t think it''s a case of getting a like for like replacement, admittedly there is very little chance of us getting a player as skilful as Wes to replace him, but it''s pretty obvious that Lambert is going to stick with a solid 442 this year and Wes doesn''t fit in that. For him to do well the team needs to be built around him which is something Lambert does not seem to want to do (personally I agree with him).The kind of player we''ll probably get is someone who''s pacy and works up and down the line - I think with McVeigh and Lappin on the wings we have solid players but we have no pace and that''s what we''ll look to get, but won''t have anywhere near the ability of Wes.

[quote user="CT "]The fact that McVeigh actually PUTS THE BALL INTO THE BOX rather than just fannying out trying to beat every player on the opposition tells me McVeigh will be better for us than Hoolahan. I am not an utter fool just because I rate McVeigh over Wes.[/quote]Hoolahan didn''t become considered one of the best players in the Championship, the man known to be almost soley responsible for promoting Blackpool to the Championship, and the individual who''d often have his name sung around the terraces for being the player that ''can''t put the ball into the box''.If you knew anything about this player, you''d be aware that he is a far more capable on a football pitch than you assume him to be.You are indeed a fool if you believe a few deliveries into the box makes a player what he is CT.... No wonder our club is in the state it is, when fans like yourself judge so harshly? Is it always so "black and white" for you CT?Have you actually stopped to think of a reason why a player of this kind of pedigree isn''t performing properly? Perhaps he isn''t being played in his proper position? Speculation? On the recieving end of bad man mangement? Issues outside of football? Hasn''t settled into the area? In which case, then yes it''s probably best he left. But then of course you are a fool to underestimate his ability on his current performance.But CT, your argument is so one dimensional it''s beyond belief. Only people as guilty for being as foolish as yourself could be persuaded by your argument.Fans like you CT continue to contribute utter tripe to this board. Caught up on the bandwagon, naively convinced by no more than the here and now, and at the best of times provide an opinion that displays no more than the bleeding obvious.... And the funny thing is, before McVeigh had been signed up, you were one of the many against having him on a contract.Football is a funny old world, innit?

[quote user="John"][quote user="CT "]The fact that McVeigh actually PUTS THE BALL INTO THE BOX rather than just fannying out trying to beat every player on the opposition tells me McVeigh will be better for us than Hoolahan. I am not an utter fool just because I rate McVeigh over Wes.[/quote]Hoolahan didn''t become considered one of the best players in the Championship, the man known to be almost soley responsible for promoting Blackpool to the Championship, and the individual who''d often have his name sung around the terraces for being the player that ''can''t put the ball into the box''.If you knew anything about this player, you''d be aware that he is a far more capable on a football pitch than you assume him to be.You are indeed a fool if you believe a few deliveries into the box makes a player what he is CT.... No wonder our club is in the state it is, when fans like yourself judge so harshly? Is it always so "black and white" for you CT?Have you actually stopped to think of a reason why a player of this kind of pedigree isn''t performing properly? Perhaps he isn''t being played in his proper position? Speculation? On the recieving end of bad man mangement? Issues outside of football? Hasn''t settled into the area? In which case, then yes it''s probably best he left. But then of course you are a fool to underestimate his ability on his current performance.But CT, your argument is so one dimensional it''s beyond belief. Only people as guilty for being as foolish as yourself could be persuaded by your argument.Fans like you CT continue to contribute utter tripe to this board. Caught up on the bandwagon, naively convinced by no more than the here and now, and at the best of times provide an opinion that displays no more than the bleeding obvious.... And the funny thing is, before McVeigh had been signed up, you were one of the many against having him on a contract.Football is a funny old world, innit?[/quote]I was NEVER against McVeigh coming back - prove it!And what the heck have I done to deserve to be ranted at like that? Other people AGREE with me!

[quote user="Billabong Willytickle"][quote user="John"]When you get rid of Hoolahan in League One, you don''t get a ''good'' replacement.FACT.[/quote]I don''t think it''s a case of getting a like for like replacement, admittedly there is very little chance of us getting a player as skilful as Wes to replace him, but it''s pretty obvious that Lambert is going to stick with a solid 442 this year and Wes doesn''t fit in that. For him to do well the team needs to be built around him which is something Lambert does not seem to want to do (personally I agree with him).The kind of player we''ll probably get is someone who''s pacy and works up and down the line - I think with McVeigh and Lappin on the wings we have solid players but we have no pace and that''s what we''ll look to get, but won''t have anywhere near the ability of Wes.[/quote]Thank god you posted that BW.I''d have to agree with you on that post. Although i do actually think Wes could fit into ''a'' system, with him taking up the free role in the middle of the park, where he''s always shown he can have a bearing on the game, your right in pointing out that Lambert seems to be the kind manager known for sticking to the conventional 4-4-2 system. It''s clear his ''type'' of play isn''t of the Martinez ilk. and neither is it of the Mourinho ilk. He''s sticking to the traditional form of play, and with Hoolahan being the player he is, he simply doesn''t fit into that system.In which case, yes it''s probably best we did sell Wes, and buy a player that fits into that system, although one also with a bit of flair and pace. As for what we currently have, who could provide that form of play into Lamberts system, Whaley has been known to be capable of it in past, and thats why he was signed up by Preston from Barnet along with Nugent, and then attracted serious interest from Portsmouth. However it''s clear he isn''t fulfilling that role at the moment (for whatever reason), and we''ll need someone to come in to do it on a consistent basis. A new ''Huckerby'' if you will.And it probably doesn''t need saying, but we know thats going to be a massive job, bringing in a player of that kind of quality ''and'' attitude.So we then need to wonder then, if we can''t find a player like that (realistically speaking), that needless to say is a very rare one in the game of football these days, let alone the lower leagues, can we honestly then just give a player like Hoolahan up for a bunch of whiney or/and incapable numpties as replacements?I think thats the worst case scenario here.

[quote user="John"]When you get rid of Hoolahan in League One, you don''t get a ''good'' replacement.

FACT.
[/quote]

Maybe we will see some fella called Huckerby returning in a couple of months....he might be an adequate replacement?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="John"][quote user="CT "]The fact that McVeigh actually PUTS THE BALL INTO THE BOX rather than just fannying out trying to beat every player on the opposition tells me McVeigh will be better for us than Hoolahan. I am not an utter fool just because I rate McVeigh over Wes.[/quote]Hoolahan didn''t become considered one of the best players in the Championship, the man known to be almost soley responsible for promoting Blackpool to the Championship, and the individual who''d often have his name sung around the terraces for being the player that ''can''t put the ball into the box''.If you knew anything about this player, you''d be aware that he is a far more capable on a football pitch than you assume him to be.You are indeed a fool if you believe a few deliveries into the box makes a player what he is CT.... No wonder our club is in the state it is, when fans like yourself judge so harshly? Is it always so "black and white" for you CT?Have you actually stopped to think of a reason why a player of this kind of pedigree isn''t performing properly? Perhaps he isn''t being played in his proper position? Speculation? On the recieving end of bad man mangement? Issues outside of football? Hasn''t settled into the area? In which case, then yes it''s probably best he left. But then of course you are a fool to underestimate his ability on his current performance.But CT, your argument is so one dimensional it''s beyond belief. Only people as guilty for being as foolish as yourself could be persuaded by your argument.Fans like you CT continue to contribute utter tripe to this board. Caught up on the bandwagon, naively convinced by no more than the here and now, and at the best of times provide an opinion that displays no more than the bleeding obvious.... And the funny thing is, before McVeigh had been signed up, you were one of the many against having him on a contract.Football is a funny old world, innit?[/quote]I was NEVER against McVeigh coming back - prove it!And what the heck have I done to deserve to be ranted at like that? Other people AGREE with me! [/quote]I believe you were CT. I can''t prove it, because it''s gonna take a lot of time i''d rather not spend to find those comments.But are you telling me you were one of the few i saw on here actually backing Gunn signing him up when he was on trial? I can remember Juan, and 2 or 3 others supporting the idea, but i certainly don''t remember you backing McVeigh having been given a contract when he left Luton?I feel almost sure you opposed it - if not sorry, but my opinion of you still stands to be honest, whether you did or didn''t.And besides in what way has McVeigh been a ''success'' yet? Even i''d admit

i could not of been right from the start, although i am currently confident with him, and the signs have been impressive. But i''d be

the first to admit they have not provided a definitive answer as of yet.Again you appear to be debating the idea in absolutes CT.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="John"]When you get rid of Hoolahan in League One, you don''t get a ''good'' replacement.FACT.[/quote]

Maybe we will see some fella called Huckerby returning in a couple of months....he might be an adequate replacement?

[/quote]If you''ve seen them play, you''d know that one could not perform as a replacement for the other.They''ve got entirely different qualities to their play.I''m definitely up for the idea of Huckerby returning though, for what it''s worth.

Agreed, your never going to find a like for like replacment for Hoolahan.

But with the way Lambert wants us to play i don''t think we necessarily need to find one. Hopefully we can bring in a speedy winger like Adomah from Barnet as right now the only player in our side with a bit of pace if Cody Mac.

With Doc going i''d also assume we''re going to be in the market for a CB or Dejan is staying, it''d be risky to only have 3 CB''s in the squad with first team expierience.

After attending the fakenham friendly I was calling for him to be signed up! Do your research before shouting your mouth off.

I would drag up the threads that saw me rating mcveigh and asking for him to be signed up but no doubt people like you would accuse me of attention seeking....

They did take Julien Faubert on loan last season so it wouldn''t suprise me too much if that happened.

[quote user="CT "]After attending the fakenham friendly I was calling for him to be signed up! Do your research before shouting your mouth off.

I would drag up the threads that saw me rating mcveigh and asking for him to be signed up but no doubt people like you would accuse me of attention seeking....[/quote]Fair enough, if that is indeed the case.Never the less, judging from that response, it doesn''t seem as if you''ve been following much of my argument?