Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

5 p.m. deadline

You really think the FA works till 12 midnight?

It''s always been 5pm - except for large or rich clubs, who can stretch it a couple of hours or days as needed...

i remember the transfer window when a player was purcahsed by Man Utd, and you could see the player and his agent well into the darkness of evening as Sky cameras camped outside.  Can''t remember the actual player though, i''m sure it was a later time last window, and in some circumstances it was opened to the following day due to the snow??? 

[quote user="scrimmage"]No it used to be midnight, we got sibierski at about 11pm, oh what a signing
[/quote]

If only the deadline was 5pm last year then ... we may not have signed Sibierski!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

has it always been such specific time? i always thought it was the whole 24 hrs in the day?

[/quote]Isn''t it because they''ve extended it from yesterday, due to it being a bank holiday - I seem to recall a similar thing before?

I think it''s because it''s been extended from yesterday due to it being bank holiday monday, like they did in January. If the 31/08 was a normal business day it would have run until midnight. Correct me if I''m wrong of course.

It usually is midnight on the 31st of August/ 1st of September for this transfer window. However, as that date was a bank holiday this year, it was extended to 5 pm today.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I think it''s because it''s been extended from yesterday due to it being bank holiday monday, like they did in January. If the 31/08 was a normal business day it would have run until midnight. Correct me if I''m wrong of course.[/quote]

that certainly makes sense, i''m sure there was alot of work behind the scenes yesterday, bank holiday or not!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Keep up chaps :-P

[/quote]Actually, I beat you to it by four minutes, so keep up yourself! [;)]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Keep up chaps :-P

[/quote]Actually, I beat you to it by four minutes, so keep up yourself! [;)][/quote]Make that one minute, oh dear [:$]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

has it always been such specific time? i always thought it was the whole 24 hrs in the day?

[/quote]

Isn''t it because they''ve extended it from yesterday, due to it being a bank holiday - I seem to recall a similar thing before?
[/quote]

Yes it is because of the extension. It would''ve been midnight last night but the extension was until 5pm today

They did exactly the samething in January because of all that snow we had.

Interesting to see what clubs have to do to complete a transfer in SSN. A carbon copy of all paper work involved MUST be sent to the FA before the deadline and work permits also have to be completed.

I feel sorry for the guy who has to sort all of this out while the player is already spending his large signing on fee.