Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Stability at the back is the key to success?

If you believe what could be the team tonight we could be looking at our fourth goalkeeper within the first month of the season...........

Centre half pairings:

Doc/Nelson

Doc/Askou

Spillane/Askou

Spillane/Doc

Askou/Nelson

More tonight???

You''re obviously right.  The problem has been that none of our central defenders have exactly been consistent and they''ve all had their mad moments.  It looks unlikely but my feeling is that it would be good for Lambert to get a commanding central defender in to build the defence around and build a bit of confidence.

It''s also not just been the defence that has seen loads of change - the whole team has been chopped and changed.  I think I heard that Charlton have started all of their games with the same 11 which might be why they have done better than us so far.  Having said that, I don''t think we would be doing that well if we''d started all of our games with the same 11 that started the first game!

Firstly... flashblogCheap plug.Secondly, I think we still need another body brought in. A Championship loanee surely wouldn''t be too hard to attract. Malky has a couple of promising youngsters at Watford who could be given a short spell maybe?I don''t think it''s the defenders in general, more the team collectively. That''ll definatley be the key. We could score at least four against plenty of teams in this league, but then we could just so easily concede by the bucket load in the same game. The stronger the back four, the better the chance we have of promotion.