Sign in to follow this  
susie b

FAO Man in the Stands - songs for Hucks!

Right then, this gal does not shirk from a challenge!  When the Man in the Stands said he was desperate for the dirge of ''Oh Huckerby''...etc. etc. ad nauseam to be replaced by something better I thought I''d better have a go and, hopefully, encourage some of you out there to get your own creative juices going!!!

Here''s two for starters, the first to the tune of ''Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen''... (quite appropriate as Hucks was born in Nottingham).

Huckerby, Huckerby, running everywhere,

Huckerby, Huckerby, stop him if you dare.

Loved by everyone, our adopted son,

Huckerby, Huckerby, Huckerby!

The second would probably only make sense nearer Christmas and doesn''t need me to tell you the tune!

Now rest we merry City fans let nothing us dismay

For Darren Hucks our saviour he signed on Boxing Day,

To save us from the Nationwide where we had gone astray,

Oh tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy

Oh tidings of comfort and joy!

What do you think?  Awful I know, but at least they might get some others of you started.

Right, I''m off to think of some more.  Hope to return at lunchtime to see loads more on here!

Robin Hood version top notch . . . won''t criticise the other one as I haven''t thought of anything myself yet !!

I like both actually. Thing is, football songs have to be REALLY simple for them to catch on. You can''t get much simpler than our present Huckerby song, involving an amazing two words!!

Quite how "on the ball city" ever caught on i''ll never know but it originated in the 50''s did it not so it has taken a while!!

Still, power to you Susie, the first one at least has a chance since it''s such a recognisable tune and pretty simple. Anyone who gets a chant born on a message board to catch on will deserve a medal!

Well Done Susie B!

Getting a new song for Hux is a must. I love the Robin hood one, it is catchy & simple, therefore criteria met! But how do you get it sung from here...??

Peter R - any chance of a competition in the EDP for a "Song for Hux"? Why not bring this whole thing alive & to a head - get the Norfolk people to vote, etc. Peter, the power is in your hands my friend....

Susie B, you have my vote!

Sorry I didn''t make it back at lunchtime to add any more, but thanks you all for your kind (undeserved) comments.  Someone asked me this evening how I might feel if I ever heard the fans singing something I had written and, after thinking about it for a bit, I decided that I would probably have a huge lump in my throat and want to shed a few!

Anyway, has anyone else out there had a chance to compose something yet?  I like the idea of sending stuff to ''The Man'' but I don''t know how to do it.  Does he have an e-mail address?

Before I go, I know this won''t be any use as there are too many words to remember, but please indulge me once more - to the tune of ''We Will Rock You''...

Darren you''re the man, make a big noise

Playing in the green, gonna score us a goal today,

You got sweat on your face, amazing pace,

Running around all over the place.

Singing Darren Darren Huckerby, Darren Darren Huckerby...

(My bedtime I think!!!)  

This is nowhere near as good as susie b''s but here goes:

(To the tune of Jamelia''s "Superstar")

We don''t know what it is
That makes him score like this
We don''t know who you are
But Darren is our Number 1 Goal scorer
And he''ll get the ball round you know matter where you are

Sorry it was the best I could do!

Another one bites the dust maybe

another one bites the net!

hey - he''s gunna score past you

anova one bites the net

actually on seconds thoughts thats quite poor. i''ll certainly start up bout robin hood if ova''s will join in

Well I really like that, Xeno Mantis.  A pint to you for being the first to have a go!  (Are you going to the reserves game tomorrow?)

I think you should e-mail it to the address Vince suggested.  Fame awaits!     

[quote]I like both actually. Thing is, football songs have to be REALLY simple for them to catch on. You can''t get much simpler than our present Huckerby song, involving an amazing two words!! Quite how "on...[/quote]

In the 50''s?! "On the Ball City" is probably older than the club is - 100 years at least.

So the mystery deepens, Peter!  (It''s not your good self is it?)   

Anyway...to the tune (if you can call it that!) of Agadoo...

Huckerby-by-by, he''s got bags of energy,

Huckerby-by-by, he''s the fastest that you''ll see,

On the left on the right, he runs up and down all day and night,

Huckerby-by-by, he''s the best we all agree!    

I''ll go now before anyone decides to reply in words of one syllable rhyming with ''strap''!!!   

Hi susie b

Now you are my favourite song writer  I offer the following an idea for another No.1  hit :-

The words and tune of "Yellow Submarine" seem to lend themself readily to our team.

Phrases like "yellow and green" .."finest football team".."and now we''ve gone an scored" all slide  nicely in place of the original lyrics, trouble is I lack your undoubted talent susie to make it complete.

Can you fix it ?

Gorleston Jim, give me an hour or two in a chair in the garden and I might come up with something!!!

However, I might just fall asleep instead!!! 

[quote]Gorleston Jim, give me an hour or two in a chair in the garden and I might come up with something!!! However, I might just fall asleep instead!!![/quote]

I promise not to sing "Wake up little Susie " then !

OK lets give this a go, to the tune of ''Bob The Builder'':

Darren Huckerby, can he fix it?   

Darren Huckerby, yes he can!

NO???  ok on the yellow submarine affair:

We all live for the Yellow and green, finest football team, Norwich City

We all live for the Yellow and green, finest football team, Norwich City

[quote]Gorleston Jim, give me an hour or two in a chair in the garden and I might come up with something!!! However, I might just fall asleep instead!!![/quote]

Outrageous behaviour Susie B, wasting an hour or two in the garden, LOL

Back to work for some, ....

where was I? "Robin Hood, Robin Hood ......"

Quality

Right - I''m on a guilt trip having spent some time in the sun!

As I like Stella''s ''yellow submarine'' words, the best I can do is use her first two lines and add a new third one and a couple of small words to help it scan.

So...here goes:   We all live for the yellow and the green,

The finest football team,

Norwich are the cream!

We all live for the yellow and the green,

The finest football team,

Norwich are the cream!  (ad infinitus, until the point of collapse!)     

I''m sure someone can improve on that last line though!

[quote]Right - I''m on a guilt trip having spent some time in the sun! As I like Stella''s ''yellow submarine'' words, the best I can do is use her first two lines and add a new third one and a couple of small ...[/quote]

That''ll do fine Susie baby, we''ll go halves on the royalties !

Repost again as suggested

Firstly I just noticed that whilst the clubs centenary past a couple of years ago apparently OTBC will be 100 years young next year.

I know that people are forever taking the mick but I for one am very proud of it (although generally my voice gives way half way through "Kick it off") and was thinking we should surely mark the occasion with the release of a celebrity version (no updating though please, lets be true to the tune at least) it makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck when you sing it !

Any thoughts ?

On a lighter not my favourite suggestion for the hucks song was the one doing the rounds at christmas, I wish I had thought of it.

To the tune of "Let it Be"

When I find myself in times of trouble mother Delia comes to me,

Speaking words of wisdom - Huckerby,

Keelan''s Glove,

"Firstly I just noticed that whilst the clubs centenary past a couple of years ago apparently OTBC will be 100 years young next year.

I know that people are forever taking the mick but I for one am very proud of it (although generally my voice gives way half way through "Kick it off") and was thinking we should surely mark the occasion with the release of a celebrity version (no updating though please, lets be true to the tune at least) it makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck when you sing it!"

Good idea - maybe get some local musicians to record it - I was thinking maybe Cathy Dennis, The Darkness, Myleene Klass and that blonde sort who used to be in S Club 7...

If anyone has Myleene''s number I could get the ball rolling

We already have a song for Huckerby that occasionally gets aired in the pub to the tune of Let it Be.

Words are (fairly obvious really):

Huckerby, Huckerby, Huckerby, Huckerby...

Scoring goals for City

Huckerby, huckerby.....

repeat