Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Alnwick going back?

With the news that Forster''s loan has been extended I''m guessing that this means that Alnwick will be going back to Spurs (or maybe loaned elsewhere). Presumably neither Harry nor Hughton would want a player they''d loaned out to get game time warming the bench, and if so it''s logical to assume that Forster is now the preferred option for Lambert, ebven after one game.

My view of Alnwick is that, without making a big mistake he''s never looked totally convincing or taken full command of his box. What do other people think?

I won''t be surprised if Spurs sell him today and Lambert might just be covering his own back with this move, i''m glad we''ve got Forster now as Alnwick lacks height which may not help him too much with crosses

Whatever happens, we''ve already used three keepers this season, and if Rudd plays tonight that''ll be four with less than a month of the season gone. It''s important we do stick with one keeper for a while so we can get some continuity as failure to do so will not be doing us any favours at all.

Only seen Alnwick at Brentford and he did flap a bit at crosses - didnt really instill confidence in the back line

Lack of height probably didnt help him

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Whatever happens, we''ve already used three keepers this season, and if Rudd plays tonight that''ll be four with less than a month of the season gone. It''s important we do stick with one keeper for a while so we can get some continuity as failure to do so will not be doing us any favours at all.[/quote]

Very good point Graham, and the reason that I''m uneasy about loan keepers. Defenders like to feel comfortable with what''s around and behind them, so constant chopping and changing is counter productive.

Gomez is injured, think Spuds want to swap James for Kooccucininin or how ever you say it. I would imagine that they would want another keeper in to back who ever up.

[quote user="olej"]alnwick and forster will compete until alnwicks loan ends in a couple of months.[/quote]Well if Alnwick proves to be the better one of the two, then we''re going to regret extending Forsters loan.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

With the news that Forster''s loan has been extended I''m guessing that this means that Alnwick will be going back to Spurs (or maybe loaned elsewhere). Presumably neither Harry nor Hughton would want a player they''d loaned out to get game time warming the bench, and if so it''s logical to assume that Forster is now the preferred option for Lambert, ebven after one game.

My view of Alnwick is that, without making a big mistake he''s never looked totally convincing or taken full command of his box. What do other people think?

[/quote]

Not sure why Hughton would be bothered though?!

Lambert doen''t rate Theo so we would only have 2 keepers unless steer was invovled.

Does anyone know how long Alnwick out for? Spurs wanted him to play on saturday but he failed a fitness test, so it can''t be too long.

I hope Alnwick goes back, consistently made mistakes which were overlooked by people who were too busy slamming Theoklitos.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Not sure why Hughton would be bothered though?!

[/quote]

As manager of Newcastle, I''m sure he would want his player to be playing rather than sitting on his backside! I think you may have misread my post as my point was that the manager of WHICHEVER one wasn''t starting wouldn''t be happy!

[quote user="olej"]just extend alnicks loan too john[/quote]Seems a bit of a waste, especially on a tight budget, paying the wages for the both of them though olej?And i''m sure in that instance Newcastle wouldn''t be too happy seeing Forster rotting in our reserves.

Forster will be on the same as someone like Spillane. But with Alnick, he can be recalled at 24 hours from now, so this protects us. Good deal.