Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Huckerby NOT coming to Norwich - Doncaster

If this turns out to be the absolute end of the matter then I shall ultimately be a bit sad for Darren, I think. I hope for his sake that, whatever he decides to do in the near future, he doesn''t ever regret it and think to himself ''I wonder what life there could have been like if only money hadn''t got in the way?'' and ''I wish I had given it a go with them, after all I was happier there than I had been for some time''. (I am assuming, of course, that it was the severence pay that stood in the way of things happening, but, unlike some, I don''t doubt his sincerity that he would have liked to be here if something could have been sorted out).
This has been a strange business throughout. I''m not pinning my hopes on anything now, but it wouldn''t surprise me if things took yet another twist somewhere along the line...just because the whole affair has been so bizarre.

Well in a way I''m glad it''s all over, guess hux was talking a load of crap about how much he wants to come here! Well Boll***s to him I say, we''ll do it without him and King Worthy can buy 3 players with the money available now, I still can''t believe how greedy he has been. I hope he goes to Wolves or Leicester and gets relegated as we pass him on the way up smiling and waving!! We can now all draw a line under this and get on with our lives, remember, 2 nil, top of the league, all hail king Leon, see life aint so bad after all!!!! On the ball city.

Just have to say well done the board, they tried to make it happen, they wanted it as much as we did!! Does anyone know that agent''s phone number, I''d like a word with him!!!! Merry Christmas all and can''t wait for boxing day to give King Leon a big Carrow road welcome!! 3 goals this time please my new favourite striker!!!!

If Hucks ain''t coming, he ain''t coming, but at the very least I think we should have an explanation. He owes us that after everything he said "That''s the annoying thing - its not me" he said. "I would be back tomorrow if I could" he said.

I am so sure that his Agent is behind all this. Come on Hucks, sack your Agent and join us! He has caused you nothing but aggro mate! Leave him in Saddam''s hole and sign.

You may just live to regret it otherwise.......

I cant in all honesty blame DH. To step down a division for less pay at an age when he might not make it back to the Premiership - would any of us really find that kind of decision a no-brainer? So good luck to the guy - to have got us from the bottom half of the table to the top in 3 months still makes him an all-time great Canary!

I am so incensed by it all that I have felt the need to post again!

You ask any professional footballer. What would you prefer.

1) Earning loads of money and sitting on a bench or worse in the stand! or
2) Playing every week for a team top of Division one, who if uninjured you will play for every game, be adored by thousands, be respected by thousands, in an area of the country you love but not earn so much.

I can''t believe that it would be choice one. They choose the profession of being a footballer because they love to PLAY!

Hucks ain''t stupid. He knows that Norwich with Hucks have to be favourites for promotion with the squad we would have. In a year, he could have his wish and play in the Premiership. In a year (from what I saw of Man City last night) he could be on the bench or in the stand of a Div 1 team.

I just can''t understand it all. It makes no sense. It HAS to be that stupid Agent!

Anyway, I am off to cool down!

I agree swindoncanary, he is holding out for prem team, but who??? He''d be mad to go anywhere in the bottom 6 and he''s shown that he''s not good enough for premier football in Keegan''s eyes so I have to wonder what exactly his plans are, maybe theres things going on behind the scenes at Man city, who knows!!?? I just hope Mr Huckerby sleeps well tonight, as much as we all blame his agent theres only one person that has shot this deal out of the water, who knows, maybe the deal is not completely dead yet but I always had reservations about investing so much cash in one player that has fizzled out at so many clubs!! All hail King Leon, he is the new Messiah!!

my young sons just come home i gave him the good news .and he kicked the door.
just about sums it up.
just had a feeling with him sitting at man city last night
not the moves of somone who in a hurry to pack or move
he said he would not leave forest and caused a storm there
im affraid he is not a man of his word
but as he said i will take a cut yer cause
well thanks to the boar who did there best
and worthy go find someone else who can keep there word

without being smug,i told you so,it was clear to me by the length of time all this was taking that hux was not coming.ill be honest,if worthy had offered him what hes on at city he wouldnt have come,hucks thinks he should be playing premier league and sees div 1 as a downward step .if january brings him no joy he will sit it out in citys pontins league side.i believe norwich to be the most ambitious,forward thinking,stable club in the division at the moment.the board have made funds available to worthy for players and im sure it wont be long before more quality is added.well done leon and matty for showing there is life after dh. we have never looked so good,im sure this year is the 1.come on city!!!

I get the point you are making and agree with you but...
Don''t bump old threads! make a new thread with the point you are trying to make and LINK to the old thread(s).

I don''t know how to.

Plus, I was only having a look back at the old threads originally, trying to look at the positives over where we are now. The days at being gutted about missing out on the likes of Nick Chadwick, David Cotterill or Clinton Morison are a long way behind us now!

The point came after i''d seen the thread, so it was easier to revive the thing.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Whats wrong with bumping old threads? I quite enjoyed it![/quote]I''m glad it turned out the way it did!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Before slating DM, cast your minds back over 10 years ago and realise who we could have had still in the top job...[/quote]Er, yes. Somone who engineered one of the best bits of transfer business in the club''s postwar history. A fine player at a knock-down price. Can you honestly say (and this is not a criticism of him) that McNally has pulled off one transfer remotely as impressive and game-changing as Doncaster getting Huckerby?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Before slating DM, cast your minds back over 10 years ago and realise who we could have had still in the top job...[/quote]

Er, yes. Somone who engineered one of the best bits of transfer business in the club''s postwar history. A fine player at a knock-down price. Can you honestly say (and this is not a criticism of him) that McNally has pulled off one transfer remotely as impressive and game-changing as Doncaster getting Huckerby?

[/quote]

Who got Lambert for us ?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Whats wrong with bumping old threads? I quite enjoyed it![/quote]
Firstly because now we have a totally irrelevant thread about how Huckerby is not coming here on the front page and the new post is totally unrelated to the original thread so noone really knows what the thread is about until they scroll through every post until the find when the new topic  tarts.
This one isn''t so bad because it''s only a page long but if you bump something that''s say a few pages, it can be very annoying to work out when the new topic starts. Threads die for a reason, so stop bumping old threads and if you don''t know how to link to stuff then learn!!
(I realise by posting this I am in fact bumping an old thread :P)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]who cares that its about huckerby? I''m sick of seeing ''hughton out, mcnally out'' etc etc[/quote]
Then I suggest you don''t read the forum, given our current situation I''m afraid that''s all you are going to read/see.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Purple Canary - did McNally wrong you in another life, sleep with you wife, push in ahead of you at the bar? What''s with the constant criticism?[/quote]Read my post. I wasn''t criticising McNally. I was pointing out how imbecilic (if that nice Lake District Canary can use that word then so can I) it was to criticise Doncaster for a deal he pulled off, as opposed to any he didn''t. And a deal that by common consent was a fantastic piece of business.It is true I have criticised McNally in the past, but only in the interests of balance. As a counterweight to the almost religious trust placed by posters in him. The view that he was incapable of error. The truth being that McNally, though talented and generally a good thing, has a far from perfect track record.And now, rather amusingly, I have been defending him over the question of Hughton against some of those same posters, who have suddenly decided their  hero has feet of clay and turned nasty. A classic case of the disappointed believer.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="mrs miggins"]who cares that its about huckerby? I''m sick of seeing ''hughton out, mcnally out'' etc etc[/quote]
Then I suggest you don''t read the forum, given our current situation I''m afraid that''s all you are going to read/see.
[/quote]

There''s not much of a situation though is there, it''s just fans overreacting to a norwich team who aren''t playing that well, but you''re right, i have stopped reading the forum a lot more. It''s only if i see something other than hughton out i look to contribute to. I find it baffling how many stupid people there are a lot of the time, not that i consider myself to be a genius or smart, but perhaps a little more rational than a lot of people on here. To me, the amount of threads on the same things is ridiculous

Always said we signed the wrong one. Bucks was a one trick pony. We should have signed Crouchy. If we had, we would have been a European superpower by now with Harry Redknap at the helm.