Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

Bye bye Doc

Good Riddance!! This man has single handed dragged us down to the third division! I  have said on here for years that soon as we get a manager that replaces him as his number 1 priority we would move forward.I was correct and cannot believe some blind idiots actually stuck up for this excuse for a footballer. Those of you that actually voted this man for player of the season should hang your heads in shame. You clearly know nothing about football!

Every dog has its day, unfortunately our lame mutt Doc had his a year or so before we signed him. He hasnt been good enough for a very long time, what this does do though, if he goes is really stamp the new managers authority on the squad. He is making it perfectly clear he wants a strong team out, and the back line is where he has to start. Its no wonder Norwich have produced a long line of good goalkeepers, they have probably been the busiest in the league! So yes, Doc out, GOOD. Lets start to impose ourselves on this Mickey Mouse League and get back in the Championship and continue to rebuild.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Good Riddance!! This man has single handed dragged us down to the third division!You clearly know nothing about football![/quote]If you think one single player is entirely responsible for our decline, I suggest it''s you who knows nothing about football.  I''ve seen Doc play well and Doc play badly, I''ve seen him give away free kicks and penalties and I''ve seen him stop goals with well timed challenges.  If he leaves, I won''t be particularly unhappy, but he has put in a decent shift for this club and he deserved his PotS awards.  To suggest he is the only reason we are in League One only betrays your lack of intellect.

If I were you, Chops, I''d stop with the sensible, level-headed, unbiased viewpoints and join the flaming torch and pitchfork crowd. We don''t do sensible round here...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If I were you, Chops, I''d stop with the sensible, level-headed, unbiased viewpoints and join the flaming torch and pitchfork crowd. We don''t do sensible round here...[/quote]Whoops, sorry.  You''re right.  I thought I was posting on a different forum.Gary Doherty is clearly to blame for our relegation from the Premiership, our relegation from the Championship, the fact we have no transfer funds, the fact we''ve appointed a succession of crap managers, the fact our club has invested unwisely and imprudently in off-field activities, the lack of cover in our central midfield area and the inability of our full backs to position themselves correctly during set pieces.  He is also at least partly to blame for 7/7, the war in Iraq, Gordon Brown, eColi outbreaks, and the soaring price of petrol as these too have coincided with his time at NCFC.

Only a fool would say it''s all Doc''s fault, but for me the simple fact is he''s not good enough.

Nelson, Askou and Spillane have all looked better than Doc this season and should stay ahead of him in the pecking order.

Don''t think Spillane''s been any good to be honest, not at centre-back anyway. The only reason he gets cut so much slack is because he came through the academy...

He made a mistake against Wycombe and a silly red card against Sunderland, but he''s still young and Lambert & Culverhouse will be able to iron out the flaws in his game.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If I were you, Chops, I''d stop with the sensible, level-headed, unbiased viewpoints and join the flaming torch and pitchfork crowd. We don''t do sensible round here...
[/quote]

Whoops, sorry.  You''re right.  I thought I was posting on a different forum.

Gary Doherty is clearly to blame for our relegation from the Premiership, our relegation from the Championship, the fact we have no transfer funds, the fact we''ve appointed a succession of crap managers, the fact our club has invested unwisely and imprudently in off-field activities, the lack of cover in our central midfield area and the inability of our full backs to position themselves correctly during set pieces.  He is also at least partly to blame for 7/7, the war in Iraq, Gordon Brown, eColi outbreaks, and the soaring price of petrol as these too have coincided with his time at NCFC.

[/quote]

Well said Chops, how he gets blamed for everything that goes wrong at the club is laughable.

Still kids go back to school on the 7th Sept [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If I were you, Chops, I''d stop with the sensible, level-headed, unbiased viewpoints and join the flaming torch and pitchfork crowd. We don''t do sensible round here...
[/quote]

Gary Doherty is clearly to blame for our relegation from the Premiership, our relegation from the Championship, the fact we have no transfer funds, the fact we''ve appointed a succession of crap managers, the fact our club has invested unwisely and imprudently in off-field activities, the lack of cover in our central midfield area and the inability of our full backs to position themselves correctly during set pieces.  He is also at least partly to blame for 7/7, the war in Iraq, Gordon Brown, eColi outbreaks, and the soaring price of petrol as these too have coincided with his time at NCFC.

[/quote]

He is not the only reason we suck, but he has been a constant in the last 4 years of misery. Nobody else seems to rate him at all, so he can''t be all THAT special.  From what I was able to tell we were never under much pressure today with him out, and a big part of that has to do with the backfield being capable of keeping the ball out of our end. That doesn''t happen much when Eeyore is playing.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is not the only reason we suck, but he has been a constant in the last 4 years of misery. Nobody else seems to rate him at all, so he can''t be all THAT special.  From what I was able to tell we were never under much pressure today with him out, and a big part of that has to do with the backfield being capable of keeping the ball out of our end. That doesn''t happen much when Eeyore is playing.

[/quote]

Docs didnt single handedly lead our club to where we are now, but I would certainly agree he was the main instigator. 1) He has captained some of the most pathetic city performances I have seen, 2) He constantly throws away valuable points with reckless clumsy challenges, 3) He is the only proffesional footballer I know who possesses absolutley zero skill with a football. Lets face facts, he aint the brightest lamp on the street: Who ever passed Doc the armband should hang his head in shame. Was that you Mr Roeder? Football is a performance driven business and the doc has cheated this club for way too long. It seems that his performances actually get worse the lower this club sinks. He isnt a proffesioanl footballer. End of.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Docs didnt single handedly lead our club to where we are now, but I would certainly agree he was the main instigator. 1) He has captained some of the most pathetic city performances I have seen, 2) He constantly throws away valuable points with reckless clumsy challenges, 3) He is the only proffesional footballer I know who possesses absolutley zero skill with a football. Lets face facts, he aint the brightest lamp on the street: Who ever passed Doc the armband should hang his head in shame. Was that you Mr Roeder? Football is a performance driven business and the doc has cheated this club for way too long. It seems that his performances actually get worse the lower this club sinks. He isnt a proffesioanl footballer. End of.

[/quote]

A suggestion.  1) Switch on brain  2) Re-read wise words of Mr Chops  3) Learn

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Good Riddance!!

This man has single handed dragged us down to the third division! I  have said on here for years that soon as we get a manager that replaces him as his number 1 priority we would move forward.

I was correct and cannot believe some blind idiots actually stuck up for this excuse for a footballer. Those of you that actually voted this man for player of the season should hang your heads in shame. You clearly know nothing about football!
[/quote]

Well that nicely lets Deals and Wynnie off the hook then. You really are a forelock tuggin'', "Z" list celebrity luvin'', happy clappin'' sheep aren''t you Snakepit[:^)][:O]

Did everyone else miss the smiley.....

Mind you, my friend Snakepit is a little bit Mr Angry[:@][;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]Good Riddance!!

This man has single handed dragged us down to the third division!

You clearly know nothing about football!
[/quote]

If you think one single player is entirely responsible for our decline, I suggest it''s you who knows nothing about football.  I''ve seen Doc play well and Doc play badly, I''ve seen him give away free kicks and penalties and I''ve seen him stop goals with well timed challenges.  If he leaves, I won''t be particularly unhappy, but he has put in a decent shift for this club and he deserved his PotS awards.  To suggest he is the only reason we are in League One only betrays your lack of intellect.

[/quote]

Exactly!

I still think the Doc is our best CB. Yes he makes his mistakes and isn''t that wonderful but then again if he was he wouldn''t be at Norwich!

Hes had more good games for us than bad ones!

Along with Clingan last season was the pick of a very bad bunch!

Those who think Spillane is the long term answer in central defence are having a laugh. Hes not  strong enough in the air to ever be solid enough at CB!

Yesterday was our best defensive display all season.The keeper was very assured and solid and this led to more confidence from our defence who stopped everything that a powderpuff Hartlepool attack had to offer. That said I think we''d of done the same with Doc in the team.

Hopefully we''ll sign a CB with more to offer than the current crop but I hope that Doc stays! 

I for one would be pleased if he did leave.  He is not THE reason we are where we are but he is certainly ONE of the reasons.  A few people on here act on some kind of sentiment towards him but nothing I see on the pitch shows me he should stay. I am sure my intelligence will be questioned, even my age but Doc remains the poor choice of several poor managers.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

If you think one single player is entirely responsible for our decline, I suggest it''s you who knows nothing about football.  I''ve seen Doc play well and Doc play badly, I''ve seen him give away free kicks and penalties and I''ve seen him stop goals with well timed challenges.  If he leaves, I won''t be particularly unhappy, but he has put in a decent shift for this club and he deserved his PotS awards.  To suggest he is the only reason we are in League One only betrays your lack of intellect.

[/quote]

Exactly!

I still think the Doc is our best CB. Yes he makes his mistakes and isn''t that wonderful but then again if he was he wouldn''t be at Norwich!

Those who think Spillane is the long term answer in central defence are having a laugh. Hes not  strong enough in the air to ever be solid enough at CB!

Yesterday was our best defensive display all season.The keeper was very assured and solid and this led to more confidence from our defence who stopped everything that a powderpuff Hartlepool attack had to offer. That said I think we''d of done the same with Doc in the team.

Hopefully we''ll sign a CB with more to offer than the current crop but I hope that Doc stays! 

[/quote]

Tha Black Death across Europe (1347 - 1351) lasted as long as D''OH-erty has at Norwich.  If he stays with us, he will have out done one of the worst plagues in history.  The devastation must end.  All you D''OH-erty defenders keep making excuses for him or try to manipulate statistics to "prove" we are better with him than without. but 1 stat you cannot deny is he has been the one constant player throughout the downfall.  Another you can''t effectively deflect is that  nobody outside of NCFC seems to rate him.  If they did, he would not have signed with us at the last minute last year.  He waited for offers and nothing of value came. The other thing nobody ever challenges is his lousy distribution. Sure he wins a lot of headers, but if he heads it to the opposition, does that really count as "winning"? 

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly!

[/quote]

Tha Black Death across Europe (1347 - 1351) lasted as long as D''OH-erty has at Norwich.  If he stays with us, he will have out done one of the worst plagues in history.  The devastation must end.  All you D''OH-erty defenders keep making excuses for him or try to manipulate statistics to "prove" we are better with him than without. but 1 stat you cannot deny is he has been the one constant player throughout the downfall.  Another you can''t effectively deflect is that  nobody outside of NCFC seems to rate him.  If they did, he would not have signed with us at the last minute last year.  He waited for offers and nothing of value came. The other thing nobody ever challenges is his lousy distribution. Sure he wins a lot of headers, but if he heads it to the opposition, does that really count as "winning"? 

[/quote]

Last season we had Stefanovic,Kennedy,Ommorzussi -all of whom were not as good as the Doc!

This -"we''vebeen c*ap because of Docherty" rubbish is scandalous cause in reality while the Doc has been c*ap at times in the main hes done more good than other team members and we''d of been even more worse of without him! 

I do wonder sometimes what games somefans watch cause they certainly aren''t what I see! 

While I was impressed with messrs Nelson and Askou at Hartlepool, it wasn''t the toughest test for the defence!

Oh and yes I bet I''ve seen many more Norwich games featuring the Doc than what Mr Houston Canary has done so I''d say my opinion on the Doc debate is more valid!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Last season we had Stefanovic,Kennedy,Ommorzussi -all of whom were not as good as the Doc!

This -"we''vebeen c*ap because of Docherty" rubbish is scandalous cause in reality while the Doc has been c*ap at times in the main hes done more good than other team members and we''d of been even more worse of without him! 

I do wonder sometimes what games somefans watch cause they certainly aren''t what I see! 

While I was impressed with messrs Nelson and Askou at Hartlepool, it wasn''t the toughest test for the defence!

Oh and yes I bet I''ve seen many more Norwich games featuring the Doc than what Mr Houston Canary has done so I''d say my opinion on the Doc debate is more valid!

[/quote]

You go to games with blinders on so that does not make your opinion any more legit than mine.  In fact, it kind of makes it less legit because almost everyone BUT you has figured out D''OH-erty is a liability.  You''re there to see him live week after week and you still haven''t reached the blindingly obvious conclusion that everyone in the soccer world outside of NCFC has.  Since you are mentally challeneged, I won''t make fun of you like I do others who are not so feeble minded.

You have not countered my points about nobody else rating him. Why is that?  My guess is because you know I am right. You have not countered my (and others'') point about him being terrible at distribution.  All I ever see is how the midfield sucks and it is all there fault. But if the midfield doesn''t get the ball on the counter, there is not counter attack and the game continues to wallow in our end of the pitch.

Previous managers have gotten rid of the truly terrible players like Ashton, Earnshaw, Huckerby, Green, Marshall, Croft and others, but they have all (until now) seen that D''OH-erty was a player we had to have if we were going to continue on the road to success.  Unfortunately for we fans, that road has been downhill ever since D''OH-erty showed up, and in the games he has played this year, he has looked no more capable (despite it being against players 2 divisions below what he was hired to play against).

"But he''s the best we have!" you keep wailing. A - no he is not and B- then get rid of him and find a replacement because there are hundreds of them out there who can play better than he does and not shake up the entire team with lack of confidence and bumbling.

Absolutely unbelievable. I appreciate there is a split in opinions but the old boy is useless.

have you all forgiven that he held out for another club to come in for him and only signed at the last minute for the Rodent. He then did the same thing this season.

When there are discussions like this, I am a strong believer in market forces.

Let''s just see where Doc ends up.

I/we had this debate about Sutch ie '' Leave him alone, he''s doing his best'' and what happened when he got rid at last? Within a short while even Kings Lynn didn''t want him and he was still quite a young man.

I''m all for loyalty but not blind loyalty. The man is a nightmare

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Absolutely unbelievable. I appreciate there is a split in opinions but the old boy is useless.

have you all forgiven that he held out for another club to come in for him and only signed at the last minute for the Rodent. He then did the same thing this season.

When there are discussions like this, I am a strong believer in market forces.

Let''s just see where Doc ends up.

I/we had this debate about Sutch ie '' Leave him alone, he''s doing his best'' and what happened when he got rid at last? Within a short while even Kings Lynn didn''t want him and he was still quite a young man.

I''m all for loyalty but not blind loyalty. The man is a nightmare[/quote]

Not only that, he is an oaf, fumph and a lumbering lummox