Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Expect Lambert to upset a few

I believe we patented the phrase Roeder Mk2 a while back..................[;)]

In both cases, it is simply one way of doing things and if it is a success no one will care. 

It probably won''t escape the attention of the new manager that he''s gone to the press.  Out of favour players spitting the dummy after manager leaves are really not very bright.

Lockwood is actually much more intelligent than the average footballer and a very decent back up for our first choice left back of Lockwood.  Boothroyd wont be bothered by this "outburst" because it is well known that a lot of the squad including our best defender from last year (currently injured) had personal problems with Lambert.Lambert certainly upsets some players, but I''m not sure that''s all together a bad thing (an opinion not shared by most Col U fans).  There were 6 players (known as the Outcasts) that Lambert wouldn''t let train with the main team and were forced to train either on their own or with the youth team.  Of these players, there were some that had been given chances to succeed at our club and shown poor attitude, some fans favourites and some in the middle.  He seems to have done the same with Doc, Hoolahan and Maric for you lot and I''m sure there will be mixed feelings.  But basically he is putting his stamp on the team and I think that''s fair enough.  However, I do still think all pro footballers should be allowed to train with the first team and given the chance to earn their place in a team.  He did treat some of the players pretty unprofessionally.It''s a fine balance between making your mark and acting unprofessionally and with a few players he did cross the line.

[quote user="ColUDave"]Lockwood is actually much more intelligent than the average footballer and a very decent back up for our first choice left back of Lockwood.  Boothroyd wont be bothered by this "outburst" because it is well known that a lot of the squad including our best defender from last year (currently injured) had personal problems with Lambert.

Lambert certainly upsets some players, but I''m not sure that''s all together a bad thing (an opinion not shared by most Col U fans).  There were 6 players (known as the Outcasts) that Lambert wouldn''t let train with the main team and were forced to train either on their own or with the youth team.  Of these players, there were some that had been given chances to succeed at our club and shown poor attitude, some fans favourites and some in the middle.  He seems to have done the same with Doc, Hoolahan and Maric for you lot and I''m sure there will be mixed feelings.  But basically he is putting his stamp on the team and I think that''s fair enough. 

However, I do still think all pro footballers should be allowed to train with the first team and given the chance to earn their place in a team.  He did treat some of the players pretty unprofessionally.

It''s a fine balance between making your mark and acting unprofessionally and with a few players he did cross the line.
[/quote]

Interesting post, thanks. For most Norwich fans understandably Lambert can do no wrong but I must admit I do have reservations about his management style. We have a tough, hardline MD and a tough, hardline Manager. Whilst they are in harmony all should be well but when the day comes and they disagree on soemthing fundamental it will be interesting to see what happens. Anyway, rose tinted glasses for most at the moment. Time will tell.

What I do think speaks volumes about a certain Mr Lappin is that he was far more tactful when describing his treatment by Roeder and is rightly reaping the benefits of just getting on with it.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="ColUDave"]Lockwood is actually much more intelligent than the average footballer and a very decent back up for our first choice left back of Lockwood.  Boothroyd wont be bothered by this "outburst" because it is well known that a lot of the squad including our best defender from last year (currently injured) had personal problems with Lambert.Lambert certainly upsets some players, but I''m not sure that''s all together a bad thing (an opinion not shared by most Col U fans).  There were 6 players (known as the Outcasts) that Lambert wouldn''t let train with the main team and were forced to train either on their own or with the youth team.  Of these players, there were some that had been given chances to succeed at our club and shown poor attitude, some fans favourites and some in the middle.  He seems to have done the same with Doc, Hoolahan and Maric for you lot and I''m sure there will be mixed feelings.  But basically he is putting his stamp on the team and I think that''s fair enough.  However, I do still think all pro footballers should be allowed to train with the first team and given the chance to earn their place in a team.  He did treat some of the players pretty unprofessionally.It''s a fine balance between making your mark and acting unprofessionally and with a few players he did cross the line.[/quote]

Interesting post, thanks. For most Norwich fans understandably Lambert can do no wrong but I must admit I do have reservations about his management style. We have a tough, hardline MD and a tough, hardline Manager. Whilst they are in harmony all should be well but when the day comes and they disagree on soemthing fundamental it will be interesting to see what happens. Anyway, rose tinted glasses for most at the moment. Time will tell.[/quote]A bit sweeping Bob,I would say most of us are still sitting on the fence re Lambert. Everybody I''ve spoken to(other Norwich fans) are playing the wait and see game and I haven''t spoken to anybody yet who thinks we are going to win the league. Certainly no rose tinted glass wearers.It will be interesting to see which way this goes given that his managerial style does have similarities to that of Roeders.

he was only happy because he was cr*p and lambert wouldn''t play him...will soon get found out by Aidy

quite mistaken I''m afraid.  He was unhappy at not being allowed to train with the first team.  Tierney was player of the season last year and I think Lockwood realises he is a back up.  But not being allowed the chance to force his way in upset him.  We have two natural left backs - Tierney and Lockwood.  Tierney has a bit of a temper, so good easily get suspended and/or injured.  It wasn''t right that Lockwood wasn''t training with the first team.  As I said, Lambert even managed to upset Reid who was our best defender and ever present under Lambert until he got injured.

[quote user="ColUDave"]Lockwood is actually much more intelligent than the average footballer and a very decent back up for our first choice left back of Lockwood.  Boothroyd wont be bothered by this "outburst" because it is well known that a lot of the squad including our best defender from last year (currently injured) had personal problems with Lambert.

Lambert certainly upsets some players, but I''m not sure that''s all together a bad thing (an opinion not shared by most Col U fans).  There were 6 players (known as the Outcasts) that Lambert wouldn''t let train with the main team and were forced to train either on their own or with the youth team.  Of these players, there were some that had been given chances to succeed at our club and shown poor attitude, some fans favourites and some in the middle.  He seems to have done the same with Doc, Hoolahan and Maric for you lot and I''m sure there will be mixed feelings.  But basically he is putting his stamp on the team and I think that''s fair enough. 

However, I do still think all pro footballers should be allowed to train with the first team and given the chance to earn their place in a team.  He did treat some of the players pretty unprofessionally.

It''s a fine balance between making your mark and acting unprofessionally and with a few players he did cross the line.
[/quote]

You must have a crap squad. Lockwood is first and second choice.

[quote user="ColUDave"]their brothers!

No, i spotted the typo but couldn''t be bothered to correct it, i assumed people would get the point
[/quote]

Couldn''t resist.

Is there a Lockwood in the Youth team?

not any more, Lambert put the only Lockwood we have in there, but he has now been put back into the first team squad.On another note, I think Lambert leaving has done wonders for our club.  Don'' get me wrong, I was gutted when he left because I felt he was doing a good job and a much improved squad.  But we still have that much improved squad and I believe Aidy B is a better manager.  There was a bit of in-fighting amongst the fans but that has all ceased and all anger is aimed squarely at Lambert and his cronies.  The atmosphere was a bit poor at the new ground (struggling to get used to it not being Layer Road), but the game against Gillingham the South Stand was packed to vent their anger at Lambert and its been good ever since.  Finally, players like Lockwood, White and Heath now want to prove Lambert wrong and other first teamers have come out and said that as well.  Lockwood got his chance last night and was the best player on the pitch.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

A bit sweeping Bob,I would say most of us are still sitting on the fence re Lambert.
[/quote]

Err? not me Inchy, I backed Lambo from day 1.........stick that with your 1st wizard quotations![;)]

[quote user="ColUDave"]Lockwood is actually much more intelligent than the average footballer.[/quote][img]" I`ve to be mentally

strong and endure some not-very-nice-treatment;
"Sounds like you''ve got yourself a regular Einstein there.