Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

whhy im for the Johnstones paint Trophy

Tin hat at the ready....

its a cup that the big teams cant spoil... the further you go the more interest it gains and is extra income for the club, it can be lucrative.

since it started as the Associate Members cup in the mid 80''s Wigan, Wolves, Birmingham, Bolton, and  Stoke have all won it....

and, its a trip to Wembley... we might not get there in the league, we wont get there in the FA cup... how many of you will be queing round Carrow Road to try and snap up a ticket to the final ifwe make it? whilst i cant be there tonight we have a realistic chance fo a Trophy and a day out at Wembley as well as a huge pay day as a result...

Ok so theres no Europe, bit it gets noticed when you win things....

Bring on Wembley!

jas :)

Well said jas, I got a chance to go to wembley last season with some York supporters in the fa trophy and it was a great experience, every competition that ends at wembley you should be trying to get to the final and in this case it is a lot easier than fa cup or carling cup.

As you say if we get to final fans will be queuing around stadium for tickets.

I have a mate who is a Burnley fan and he moans that although they went up, the cup run they had hindered them. He believes they would have gone up automatic had they have been knocked out earlier.

I dont agree, I think cup runs bring confidence, morale and a winning mentality! The more games we win this season the better, no matter what competition,

apparently its worth about £1m in prize money if won so why not have a go.

we won, we gave a run out to Maric - shocking! and i got to watch a game of football for a fiver. its a good competiton!

I went to Wembley in 85 to watch us win the Milk Cup. Even then the Big Boys were not really interested in that competition. It didn''t matter. It was one of the best experiences of my life and one of the best experiences and achievements of my club.

Johnsons Paint, Dulux Emulsion, it matters not. Bringit on. I will be there

It''s clearly not the most important competition, but it is still worth giving a bash (perhaps with a few squad players getting run-outs). After all, we''re out of the Carling cup so can consider it an alternative...indeed, it is one we might even have a possibility of getting a run together in.

In my opinion the jpt is only a nuisance and inconvenient if you have a small squad and can''t afford injuries. Our squad is huge, this competition gives us a further opportunity to take a look at some of the squad players which won''t get a look in so long as we improve in the league each week.

I get the impression that a lot of fans feel that we''re to big a club for this competition, much like a lot of the Premiership clubs feel about the Carling Cup. The truth is though that you get what you deserve. We are in the third tier of English football, and so our place in this cup is rightful.A run in this competition could do a lot for the team and club as well. Wasn''t it worth tonight for Nelson and Askou to further their partnership and keep another clean sheet? More game time for Hughes, Ademayi, Russell and Martin? I''m sure the club will be quietly happy with the £30-£40k that tonight brought in as well.And as for the players? I should imagine that the Luton lads are quite chuffed with their winners medals from last season.

That was part of what I was trying to say Claud, I guess I still remember the emotion of winning something.

We lasyt won something recognisable when we played at a far higher standard. We have to accept that at present we do not plat at that leval, and probably will not for some time to come. Last Monday showed us the gulf in abilit.

This competition is our best chance, alongside promotion to start to achieve again as a club, to have a day to remember. We may not make it, but at this stagre lets not disrespect it. After all , we won nothing last season or the season before, apart from the odd game to give us the hope of escaping relagation.

I for one would love to go to Wembly to support my team, whatever the name on the trophy.

At the level we currently play at this would be a good achievement, which could provide the impetus to start returning us to the leveal we think we should be playing at.

Good post Jas. I was there last night and I shall be there every home game (and possibily the area final away leg if we get that far) until we win it/get knocked out.

I completely agree. I''m not holding out much hope of ending up at a Wemb-er-ley final but it''s a good competition for the lower leagues rather than having all the Premiership reserves and U19s dumping everyone else out of a cup.

There aren''t many League One and Two clubs that make it past the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the bigger competitions so this increases revenue and cup interest, without dramatically elongating the season.