Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Martin, Lappin, Spillane, Smith & Adeyemi

Like new signings these 5, had Roeder utilised them more last season instead of banishing them to Luton, the reserves or just plain not giving them a chance, then we may have had more of a chance of survival.Particularly when you consider that they the official line from Roeder was that certain players at the club were not good enough, and we were then treated to supposedly ''better'' players in Omozusi, Koroma, Kennedy, Sibierski etc.Its all relative i suppose as its League 1 but im sure the 5 could have done better than the loan shambles from last season. When your battling relegation you need players fighting for their contracts and wages next season, not loan players that go back no matter what happens.

To be fair to GR, I doubt Adeyemi was ready last season at all, he has bulked up a lot since last year and still is raw, let alone shoving him in the relegation battle.

The rest I agree with.

Although I think they are all great this season, they are who they are now, becasue of last season. With the exception of Lappin, who I thought wasn''t as bad as Roeder thought. The youth boys had a great year in the league and the cup, Spillane and Martin, learnt a great deal and have come back with a good season adding to their experence.

I am with Jedi on Kennedy, he was immense. So sad to hear the news that he has had to quit the game the summer. He had so much potential.

He hasn''t retired, he is going to Canada for surgery, this will determine if he has to quit or not. Hope not, good player. When we had him and Stevo at the start of the season, we looked solid, the rest of the team were shiite, but they looked ok.

I agree fully about Lappin, he seems a totally different player and full of fire and passion, very vocal and a good candidate for full time captain if he keeps it up.

Adeyemi is looking good this season (although, not too great last night with russell).

Spillane has made a an impact to a degree,prefer him to doc at the moment which says alot and martin too has obviously benefited from his time at Luton and some trophy action....

Thanks for the update ''Canaries in Bed'' by the sounds coming form North of teh border it was bad news. I hope he pulls through. Glad I am not the only one who thought he was solid!

Adeyemi would have been 15/16 when Roeder was in. If he''d been nice to them then Lappin, Martin and Spillane would have been useful, but if he''d simply shoved them in after the way he treated them I doubt they''d have been efficient as their confidence would have been shot.

Lappin should never have been forced out the way he was.

The other lads either weren''t ready or weren''t good enough for that level though.

1. We were playing in the Championship last year. They''re all bound to look better after a year''s growth and experience.2. If Kennedy and Dejan had played for us all season I don''t think we would have gone down.

Surprised by peoples opinion on Kennedy, i thought he was awful. He had about 2 good games. Every time i saw him i saw a slow, lumbering wheelie bin whose distributuion was poor and who could turn as fast as a tree. He was completely overrated by a lot of people.

Interesting split in opinions on Kennedy. I thought he was excellent, personally.

Have to agree with whoever said Lappin is the only one of the 5 who should''ve played regularly last season. Smith and Adeyemi needed to bulk up a bit, and they have, and Martin and Spillane look much better players for their spell at Luton.

Kennedy was far better than anyone we had and, with Dejan, would have kept us up had they both stayed fit

Kennedy was NOT awesome. Commited and gutsy, most definately. But not awesome. Shackell came in and played much better than him. Even Johnny Grounds chipped in with a couple of goals. Kennedy though wasn''t that special at all. In fact, Stefanovic wasn''t exactly superman before his injury either.

Kennedy was alright. Some good, some bad.

It''d be interesting to see what he''s like across a full season without injuries as he was always likely to be a bit rusty given his injury problems.

Personally, I thought the best partnership we had last season was Doherty and Shackell.

[quote user="nu_matik"]I agree fully about Lappin, he seems a totally different player and full of fire and passion, very vocal and a good candidate for full time captain if he keeps it up. Adeyemi is looking good this season (although, not too great last night with russell). Spillane has made a an impact to a degree,prefer him to doc at the moment which says alot and martin too has obviously benefited from his time at Luton and some trophy action....[/quote]

Yepp, Absolutley Agree With You. :)

[quote user="*Superflash*"Kennedy was NOT awesome. Commited and gutsy, most definately. But not awesome. Shackell came in and played much better than him. Even Johnny Grounds chipped in with a couple of goals. Kennedy though wasn''t that special at all. In fact, Stefanovic wasn''t exactly superman before his injury either.

quote]

Ooooooooooooh, ''ark at ''im.  We bow to your superior knowledge oh great one.

[quote user="nu_matik"]I agree fully about Lappin, he seems a totally different player and full of fire and passion, very vocal and a good candidate for full time captain if he keeps it up. Adeyemi is looking good this season (although, not too great last night with russell). Spillane has made a an impact to a degree,prefer him to doc at the moment which says alot and martin too has obviously benefited from his time at Luton and some trophy action....[/quote]

Lappin was my choice for M O M last night he was as you say a very different player and commanded the field, good all round performance from him, and could be a good captain