Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

What happens now in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

[quote user="Tookie140"]

Do we play teams in the south still?

[/quote]Yep, all the way to the final. Norwich vs Leeds final please.

[quote user="Longy"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]

Yep, all the way to the final.

Norwich vs Leeds final please.
[/quote]

So who have we got left in our group?

Any tough teams?

Yes.  You won''t meet a North team before the final when the two winners of the North v North semi finalists and the South v South semi finalists meet at Wembley.  That''s the idea of it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Yes.  You won''t meet a North team before the final when the two winners of the North v North semi finalists and the South v South semi finalists meet at Wembley.  That''s the idea of it.[/quote]

And we won''t meet Colchester either![;)]

[quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]Yep, all the way to the final. Norwich vs Leeds final please.[/quote]

So who have we got left in our group?

Any tough teams?

[/quote]It is a knockout competition, no group stages (there used to be). We can draw anyone from the south of the country in the next round.

There are 32 teams left in now. The 16 than won their first round matches last night, and the 16 that received byes (including Southampton, Charlton to name just two).

These are split into 16 South and 16 North.

[quote user="Norwich"]Could someone most kindly post all the teams that we could play (i.e South teams...)? Thanks[/quote]

Aldershot Town, Brighton & Hove Albion, Charlton Athletic, Exeter City, Leyton Orient, Southampton, Southend United and Swindon Town, Barnet, MK Dons, Northampton, Bournemouth, Torquay and Hereford.

1 must still play because there''s only 14 teams there.

North : Grimsby Town, Hartlepool Rovers, Leeds United, Macclesfield Town, Notts County, Port Vale, Shrewsbury Town and Tranmere Rovers, Stanley, Huddlesfield, Bradford, Bury, Carlisle, Darlington, Stockport and Chesterfield. 

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]You missed out Gillingham thus solving the mystery of why you''ve only got 15 teams in the South.[/quote]

Oh yer thanks for that.

See this is another reason why it''s a great competition. It does what the other two cups don''t... Divides the country into two, Us Vs Them, South Vs North. Hahaha. The victors shall truly prove who is the greater half of the country. [:p]

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]Fingers crossed we get Northampton away, purely for selfish reasons, I go to ''University'' there...[/quote]

Herford at home is the easyish game.

More income aswell.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Yes.  You won''t meet a North team before the final when the two winners of the North v North semi finalists and the South v South semi finalists meet at Wembley.  That''s the idea of it.[/quote]

And we won''t meet Colchester either![;)]

[/quote]

lol yewwwwww make i larfffffffffff [:D]

The only team i can really see giving us any threat atm, would be Charlton. I mean in the trophy.

I mean in the south section.

Norwich vs Leeds final. If we take this cup seriously, then i think we can win it [:)] or at least get to final.

[quote user="Brendan"]

The only team i can really see giving us any threat atm, would be Charlton. I mean in the trophy.

I mean in the south section.

Norwich vs Leeds final. If we take this cup seriously, then i think we can win it [:)] or at least get to final.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t underestimate (If thats how you spell it) any team in that section.

We underestimate Col U and look what happened.

I wouldn''t underestimate any team left in the competition. In my opinion, Team Lambert and his squad will have done an excellent job if they go all the way to Wembley. Imagine the demand for tickets if we do it; we could probably sell double our allocation of tickets!

Anyone know why we didn''t get a bye? Was it that the teams were chosen in the draw to play or get a bye?

Yes Paul, I think I''d prefer that to Leeds (especially as my brother-in-law is a Leeds fan - unless we beat them of course!)

[quote user="Mutley"]Anyone know why we didn''t get a bye? Was it that the teams were chosen in the draw to play or get a bye?
[/quote]

Luck of the draw, I think.