Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

A Trip To The Library

Belated thoughts on last night''s match as I have only just got back home.  My first comment is going to be on the City Stand, where I moved to from my usual seat in Block K of the Jarrold.  It has to be the stand with the least atmosphere I have ever experienced, no-one stands before kick off, no-one sings OTBC, no-one chants, no-one does anything.  Then to top it all off, I decided to sit in one of the areas with access to the lounges, the Castle Lounge was my choice, and blimey charlie, isn''t it outdated.  It also serves tea and biscuits at half time if anyone is interested.Despite the complaints about the stand, and its incumbents, I was impressed with Lambert''s energy yet again, and Culverhouse constantly organising and sorting.  The match itself was a bit of a non-event, we played ok for the first half an hour and then let them come back into it.  We didn''t particularly play very well for the rest of the match, and I don''t think the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formation worked.  Whaley looked a bit lost, and Maric was terrible.  Russell on the other hand had a half decent match for someone who hasn''t played for so long, and I wouldn''t be surprised if he features again, but that depends on whether his heart is in it any more.A pretty boring match, devoid of atmosphere despite the 12,500 attendance which I was completely shocked by!  Also, to the guy who thinks he is a manager and sat in row J of the Castle Lounge, I hope I never have to sit next to you again.

I disagree about the formation last night, I have been talking about it a bit on the boards, and with our first choice team playing (Holt, McVeigh definitely) in the team, it could work very well. Hoolahoop behind Holt, perhaps Russell and Hughes in the centre of the park bossing it.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Belated thoughts on last night''s match as I have only just got back home.  My first comment is going to be on the City Stand, where I moved to from my usual seat in Block K of the Jarrold.  It has to be the stand with the least atmosphere I have ever experienced, no-one stands before kick off, no-one sings OTBC, no-one chants, no-one does anything.  Then to top it all off, I decided to sit in one of the areas with access to the lounges, the Castle Lounge was my choice, and blimey charlie, isn''t it outdated.  It also serves tea and biscuits at half time if anyone is interested.

Despite the complaints about the stand, and its incumbents, I was impressed with Lambert''s energy yet again, and Culverhouse constantly organising and sorting.  The match itself was a bit of a non-event, we played ok for the first half an hour and then let them come back into it.  We didn''t particularly play very well for the rest of the match, and I don''t think the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formation worked.  Whaley looked a bit lost, and Maric was terrible.  Russell on the other hand had a half decent match for someone who hasn''t played for so long, and I wouldn''t be surprised if he features again, but that depends on whether his heart is in it any more.

A pretty boring match, devoid of atmosphere despite the 12,500 attendance which I was completely shocked by!  Also, to the guy who thinks he is a manager and sat in row J of the Castle Lounge, I hope I never have to sit next to you again.
[/quote]

The City stand is awful. Too many of the prawn sandwich brigade in there. As you infer, the only good thing is that you get a better idea of what goes on on the bench. I''m in the Jarrold on Saturday so perhaps we''ll bump into each other at last!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Belated thoughts on last night''s match as I have only just got back home.  My first comment is going to be on the City Stand, where I moved to from my usual seat in Block K of the Jarrold.  It has to be the stand with the least atmosphere I have ever experienced, no-one stands before kick off, no-one sings OTBC, no-one chants, no-one does anything.  Then to top it all off, I decided to sit in one of the areas with access to the lounges, the Castle Lounge was my choice, and blimey charlie, isn''t it outdated.  It also serves tea and biscuits at half time if anyone is interested.

[/quote]

Thats why I call it the Morgue Stand......you can hear a pin drop. Dont ever shout in support of the team as  you will receive a funny look implying Why are you waking us from our sleep?  Then there was the half time sprint and grab for the buscuits in the Cathedral Lounge. Fortunately I moved to the Jarrold Stand. What a relief!

I dont know how Mello Yello puts up with the Cathedral Lounge.

In all honesty, i doubt any stand can be truly experienced by going to a kids for a quid Dulux Cup match.

No doubt the City Stand is usually pretty drab, but even the Snakepit was hopeless yesterday. Anyone who went to experience the atmosphere in there is recommended to come back on Saturday for a proper match...

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Despite the complaints about the stand, and its incumbents, I was impressed with Lambert''s energy yet again, and Culverhouse constantly organising and sorting.  The match itself was a bit of a non-event, we played ok for the first half an hour and then let them come back into it.  We didn''t particularly play very well for the rest of the match, and I don''t think the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formation worked.  Whaley looked a bit lost, and Maric was terrible.  Russell on the other hand had a half decent match for someone who hasn''t played for so long, and I wouldn''t be surprised if he features again, but that depends on whether his heart is in it any more.

A pretty boring match, devoid of atmosphere despite the 12,500 attendance which I was completely shocked by!  Also, to the guy who thinks he is a manager and sat in row J of the Castle Lounge, I hope I never have to sit next to you again.
[/quote]

The City stand is awful. Too many of the prawn sandwich brigade in there. As you infer, the only good thing is that you get a better idea of what goes on on the bench. I''m in the Jarrold on Saturday so perhaps we''ll bump into each other at last!

[/quote]

Will you be sitting on a ''booster'' cushion? [;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will you be sitting on a ''booster'' cushion? [;)]

[/quote]

That wouldn''t be another height reference would it Mello? And, in answer to your question on another thread - no[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Belated thoughts on last night''s match as I have only just got back home.  My first comment is going to be on the City Stand, where I moved to from my usual seat in Block K of the Jarrold.  It has to be the stand with the least atmosphere I have ever experienced, no-one stands before kick off, no-one sings OTBC, no-one chants, no-one does anything.  Then to top it all off, I decided to sit in one of the areas with access to the lounges, the Castle Lounge was my choice, and blimey charlie, isn''t it outdated.  It also serves tea and biscuits at half time if anyone is interested.Despite the complaints about the stand, and its incumbents, I was impressed with Lambert''s energy yet again, and Culverhouse constantly organising and sorting.  The match itself was a bit of a non-event, we played ok for the first half an hour and then let them come back into it.  We didn''t particularly play very well for the rest of the match, and I don''t think the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formation worked.  Whaley looked a bit lost, and Maric was terrible.  Russell on the other hand had a half decent match for someone who hasn''t played for so long, and I wouldn''t be surprised if he features again, but that depends on whether his heart is in it any more.A pretty boring match, devoid of atmosphere despite the 12,500 attendance which I was completely shocked by!  Also, to the guy who thinks he is a manager and sat in row J of the Castle Lounge, I hope I never have to sit next to you again.[/quote]

[/quote]Never again!  Whereabouts are you sitting mate?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Never again!  Whereabouts are you sitting mate?
[/quote]

Block M row Q. I''d be happy to buy you a pre match drink if you fancy one.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On an ''executive toadstool''.... ....probably. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On an ''executive toadstool''.... ....probably. 

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Belated thoughts on last night''s match as I have only just got back home.  My first comment is going to be on the City Stand, where I moved to from my usual seat in Block K of the Jarrold.  It has to be the stand with the least atmosphere I have ever experienced, no-one stands before kick off, no-one sings OTBC, no-one chants, no-one does anything.  Then to top it all off, I decided to sit in one of the areas with access to the lounges, the Castle Lounge was my choice, and blimey charlie, isn''t it outdated.  It also serves tea and biscuits at half time if anyone is interested.Despite the complaints about the stand, and its incumbents, I was impressed with Lambert''s energy yet again, and Culverhouse constantly organising and sorting.  The match itself was a bit of a non-event, we played ok for the first half an hour and then let them come back into it.  We didn''t particularly play very well for the rest of the match, and I don''t think the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formation worked.  Whaley looked a bit lost, and Maric was terrible.  Russell on the other hand had a half decent match for someone who hasn''t played for so long, and I wouldn''t be surprised if he features again, but that depends on whether his heart is in it any more.A pretty boring match, devoid of atmosphere despite the 12,500 attendance which I was completely shocked by!  Also, to the guy who thinks he is a manager and sat in row J of the Castle Lounge, I hope I never have to sit next to you again.[/quote]

[/quote]Never again!  Whereabouts are you sitting mate?[/quote]

Block M row Q. I''d be happy to buy you a pre match drink if you fancy one.

[/quote]A very kind offer sir, and hopefully one I can reciprocate, although I am at the mercy of others travelling plans so I may not get to the ground until late.  I will have to let you know what I am up to.