Sign in to follow this  
Lambert Revolution!

OT - Any one know how much the Krancjar fee was?

Harry Redknapp said "The club got a good price for a player in the last year of his contract" Pompey rated him highly, good player. Would like to know how much they paid for himHate this "Undisclossed" crap

From the BBC"The 25-year-old, signed by Harry Redknapp for Pompey in 2008, rejoins

his former boss after a deal of about £2m was agreed between the clubs."

A load of old nonsense. The ''fees'' quoted are merely an arbitary figure put out to satify whatever idiot wants to believe them. Remember the supposed £750,000 we paid for Dave Strihavka - turns out that it was in fact the sum total of his wage bill with us. Reduced to a third of that we he was sent on his way. Even Bellamy''s £6m turned out to be £4.75m. If anyone is imagining that the amount quoted somehow reflects either the players worth or how much of a bargain/over price the fee is then they are exceedingly niave.The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is

disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically

they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement to that effect. It might be in their interest to put out a figure that reflects not only the transfer fee (if any) but the players wages as well as the agents fee and the sum total of ALL possible future payments
- in the interest to placate fans that they are not being sold short. Who knows how their minds work.With so much of transfer activity revolving around conditional contracts ie how many games, what''s achieved at the club any figure quoted is meaningless. To speculate upon such worthless information is to enter the realms of mystic meg - and even she''s been shown the door !

[quote user="City1st"]A load of old nonsense. The ''fees'' quoted are merely an arbitary figure put out to satify whatever idiot wants to believe them. Remember the supposed £750,000 we paid for Dave Strihavka - turns out that it was in fact the sum total of his wage bill with us. Reduced to a third of that we he was sent on his way. Even Bellamy''s £6m turned out to be £4.75m. If anyone is imagining that the amount quoted somehow reflects either the players worth or how much of a bargain/over price the fee is then they are exceedingly niave.The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is

disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically

they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement to that effect. It might be in their interest to put out a figure that reflects not only the transfer fee (if any) but the players wages as well as the agents fee and the sum total of ALL possible future payments
- in the interest to placate fans that they are not being sold short. Who knows how their minds work.With so much of transfer activity revolving around conditional contracts ie how many games, what''s achieved at the club any figure quoted is meaningless. To speculate upon such worthless information is to enter the realms of mystic meg - and even she''s been shown the door ![/quote]

does make sense on what you are saying! considering that ronadlos fees must be everywhere then! he wasnt just 80m thats with agency fees then!

Kranjar was only £2m, which is cheap, because he only had a year left on his contract so they got him cheaper.

Bleeding Harry Redknapp !My fantasy team is already spurs heavy, by chance and today when i saw he was linked with David James, Krancjar AND Anton Ferdinand ( all in my team) i was actually a bit worried.  Ive already got DeFoe, Crouch, Bentley and King !!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bleeding Harry Redknapp !My fantasy team is already spurs heavy, by chance and today when i saw he was linked with David James, Krancjar AND Anton Ferdinand ( all in my team) i was actually a bit worried.  Ive already got DeFoe, Crouch, Bentley and King !!

[/quote]so at least 4 of your players don''t play a lot of football then... (Bentley, Crouch, Ferdinand and King)

[quote user="Brendan"]

Kranjar was only £2m, which is cheap, because he only had a year left on his contract so they got him cheaper.

[/quote]So of that supposed ''£2m''  how much of that was agents fees or were they extra ?how much was signing fees or was that extra ?how much was future wages or payment for remaining contract or was that extra ?and how much was included (or not) for any possible eventualities ie trohies won, european places,  even international appearances or just simply appearances for the signing club ?or maybe it was just a round figure that sounded nice

Dude, why ask me this? It said on the BBC website that the fee was believed to be around £2m.

And i dont have a clue to be fair. Im 15 and have no idea what really goes on in Transfers really. My upmost apologies.

cnt find where i saw it but apparently the deal was worth a total of 3 million including fees and any add ons spurs have to pay now and in the future if correct a real bargain