Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Hoolahoop is still a city player?

The deadline has gone, and he is still a city player.  unless things have happened on the quiet.  This i am very happy about. I feel he is a very good player and there should have been no doubt about his future at city.  with the right Lambert influence on Wes he has the potential to run the league 1 teams ragged,  All we need now is Hucks back in november.But,  things may still happen and as for new signing paraded tonight.  i dont think thats happening now.  im gonna be there tonight and i dont expect to be clapping any new player.

------------------ Forster ------------------Spillane --- Askou -- Nelson --- DruryMcVeigh - Smith - Hughes - Huckerby---------------- Hoolahan ---------------------------------------- Holt ---------------

... I''d be more than happy with that.Only shame is i can''t see Lambert reverting to a system like that.... However in saying that, if his system works well enough to give us a shot at promotion i''ll have no complaints.

Look, John. We''ve seen since Lambert came in how important it is to have shape and structure in a side, coupled with the importance of having someone who can cross a ball and put in decent set pieces. Yet you want to forget all that for Huckerby is an old, injury prone, past his best has been.Let''s start living in 2009 and realise Huckerby is long gone and for the better.

[quote user="barclay_canary"]The deadline has gone, and he is still a city player.  unless things have happened on the quiet.  This i am very happy about. I feel he is a very good player and there should have been no doubt about his future at city.  with the right Lambert influence on Wes he has the potential to run the league 1 teams ragged,  All we need now is Hucks back in november.But,  things may still happen and as for new signing paraded tonight.  i dont think thats happening now.  im gonna be there tonight and i dont expect to be clapping any new player. [/quote]

i for one will be exstatic if he stays, him in the hole behind holt is the way forward!

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Look, John. We''ve seen since Lambert came in how important it is to have shape and structure in a side, coupled with the importance of having someone who can cross a ball and put in decent set pieces. Yet you want to forget all that for Huckerby is an old, injury prone, past his best has been.Let''s start living in 2009 and realise Huckerby is long gone and for the better.[/quote]It would just be nice for City give Hucks a chance to finish his career here.  it doenst matter if he doesnt paly week in week out.  Dion didnt play every game but his presence and influence was priceless to City.  even though we kept sinking.

Hopefully Hoolahan will be involved today if he is still here, to show how he can perform in the right role.-----------------Rudd------------------------Spillane--Nelson--Askou--Habergham-----------Russell--OTJ--Adeyemi----------------------------Hoolahan--------------------------------Maric--McDonald--------------or-------------------Rudd---------------------Spillane--Nelson--Askou--Habergham----Whaley--OTJ--Adeyemi--Lappin---------------------Hoolahan-----------------------------------Maric--------------------

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Hopefully Hoolahan will be involved today if he is still here, to show how he can perform in the right role.-----------------Rudd------------------------Spillane--Nelson--Askou--Habergham-----------Russell--OTJ--Adeyemi----------------------------Hoolahan--------------------------------Maric--McDonald--------------or-------------------Rudd---------------------Spillane--Nelson--Askou--Habergham----Whaley--OTJ--Adeyemi--Lappin---------------------Hoolahan-----------------------------------Maric--------------------[/quote]Oops, swap Adeyemi for Russell on the second one

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Look, John. We''ve seen since Lambert came in how important it is to have shape and structure in a side, coupled with the importance of having someone who can cross a ball and put in decent set pieces. Yet you want to forget all that for Huckerby is an old, injury prone, past his best has been.Let''s start living in 2009 and realise Huckerby is long gone and for the better.[/quote]what are you basing that opinion on? do you watch mls on a regular basis? probably not.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Look, John. We''ve seen since Lambert came in how important it is to have shape and structure in a side, coupled with the importance of having someone who can cross a ball and put in decent set pieces. Yet you want to forget all that for Huckerby is an old, injury prone, past his best has been.Let''s start living in 2009 and realise Huckerby is long gone and for the better.[/quote]It depends what system your talking about Googler.Saying that Lamberts system will always remain applicable is quite short-sighted.Many sides, when handled properly, like Swansea, have managed to make a system, like the one i''ve mentioned, work, and they''ve profited a hell of a lot from it. Having the sort of structure you''ve referred to doesn''t necessarily apply to all teams, formations and managers.Though i will admit Lamberts tactics are very conventional, and the formations and players he''s picked so far have been most suitable to his methods, and for ''that'' reason it may be best not change it.However as for Huckerby i entirely disagree with you. But i''ve been caught up in that one more than a hundred times before, and i fear that i no longer have the fire burning in my belly to argue any further.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="TheGoogler"]Look, John. We''ve seen since Lambert came in how important it is to have shape and structure in a side, coupled with the importance of having someone who can cross a ball and put in decent set pieces. Yet you want to forget all that for Huckerby is an old, injury prone, past his best has been.Let''s start living in 2009 and realise Huckerby is long gone and for the better.[/quote]what are you basing that opinion on? do you watch mls on a regular basis? probably not.[/quote]I''m basing that on watching Huckerby week in, week out for Norwich in the Championship nearly two years ago. Then he was poor - injury has clearly done him in. And he has admitted to nearly everyone that listens that since then his injury has exacerbated the problem.I do not base that on how he plays in the tin pot league that is MLS.

I take major issue with Wes playing ''In The Hole''.

Firstly, and probably most importantly he doesn''t contribute anywhere like enough goals to play there, it worked for Gerrard playing off Torres because he scores for fun, Wes, correct me if I''m wrong, does not.

Secondly you either have to play one up front to accomodate him there, or a 3 man midfield. For me one up front puts too much pressure on the loan Striker unless you have a free scoring Midfielder backing him up, which we don''t. A 3 man midifield sacrifices width an can leave full backs exposed. Either that or the 3 get stretched and the opposition rip them to pieces.

Don''t get me wrong, I think he''s a great player and I''m glad he''s still here, but it''s a luxury position for a luxury player that in my oopinion, we can''t afford. Unless he can learn to play effectively on the left wing then I''ve got no problem with Lambert not starting him.

I still find it hard to understand how so many supporters on here can rate Wes so highly. I agree that Wes is a very gifted footballer, but he just doesn''t understand that football is not all about beating a man 4 times, doing tricks and more often than not, giving the ball away. He''s just not a team player.

Better to have him in our squad rather than oppositions, and I believe that could have been a real possibility bearing in mind Grayson had him at Blackpool and rates him highly. You don''t sell to rivals. I think he still has a lot to offer at this level as this is where he came to prominence at Blackpool. If we are ahead in games he could be crucial, also being coached by a no nonsense man like lambert could be a good thing for him.

Lambert has said that although he wont kick Wes or Doc out the door he has told them they will find it very hard getting a game here , in other words they are not wanted and wont be playing so we would have been much better off getting rid .

Totally agree Mr B. As Matt Juler says, he is a gifted player but Lambert is having to work so hard on shape and organisation (thanks to our previous clueless manager) he cannot afford to risk Hooly at the moment.

Now that he appears to be here for a while longer, there may well come a time when he can be used effectively.

As we are all aware, Lambert knows him well and the fact he has not moved on may well be a blessing in disguise notwithstanding he goes out on loan of course.

Just as a footnote, the fact that Doc and Hooly have not moved on may well be the new hardline taken by McNally to sell at the price he values the players at.

Makes ya wonder whats in some people''s minds. Hoolahan wants to stay and is obviously going to get loaned out, Russell can''t see himself being at this club and he''s brought back in from the cold cos no one offers anything other than peanuts. Hmm

[quote user="barclay_canary"]It would just be nice for City give Hucks a chance to finish his career here.  it doenst matter if he doesnt paly week in week out.[/quote]I thought that we had to get rid of this "nice club" image and start being double-hard b*st*rds? We''re not a bloody retirement home for the aged, we''re a football club trying to get promoted and to return our "once great club" to where it "belongs".If Huckerby adds to the team then fine. If not then leave well alone.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Lambert has said that although he wont kick Wes or Doc out the door he has told them they will find it very hard getting a game here , in other words they are not wanted and wont be playing so we would have been much better off getting rid .[/quote]I''ve heard this a couple of times, but not actually seen anything to back it up? Is it just because they were training with the academy one day last week?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Lambert has said that although he wont kick Wes or Doc out the door he has told them they will find it very hard getting a game here , in other words they are not wanted and wont be playing so we would have been much better off getting rid .[/quote]I''ve heard this a couple of times, but not actually seen anything to back it up? Is it just because they were training with the academy one day last week?[/quote]

Norwich ready to sell Irish pair

Gary Doherty

Gary Doherty has lost the Norwich captaincy under Paul Lambert

Norwich City''s Irish duo Wes Hoolahan and Gary Doherty could be sold before Tuesday''s transfer deadline.

The

winger and defender respectively were left out of the Canaries squad

for Saturday''s win at Hartlepool, prompting speculation about their

futures.

"From Wes''s point of view, he''s been updated on certain things," manager Paul Lambert told BBC Radio Norfolk.

"Gary''s agent''s on to some certain things but you''re only as good as someone wants to come in for you."

Republic

of Ireland international Hoolahan, 27, has been linked with several

clubs, including Crystal Palace and Leeds United, since Norwich were

relegated from the Championship.

The former Shelbourne, Livingston and Blackpool man has scored twice

for the club this season - against Yeovil and Sunderland in the Carling

Cup.

Doherty started the season as club captain under previous

manager Bryan Gunn but Lambert has not picked the centre-back for

either of his first two league games in charge, handing the armband to

Grant Holt.

The 28-year old joined Norwich from Tottenham in 2004 and has played 188 games for the club, scoring seven goals.

Doherty was rumoured to be interesting Watford over the weekend.

"I''m

not going to push them out the door but they''ll find it hard to play

here. I''ll go with the group of lads that''s done well," said Lambert.

The City manager admits cashing in on the pair would give him more freedom to bring players in before the deadline.

"We''re

trying to do something at the minute, whether it happens we''ll have to

wait and see, it''s not easy to manoeuvre people with the size of the

squad but there''s one or two lads I''d like to bring in," he said.

The

former Colchester manager has already made his first signing for

Norwich, bringing in Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster on an

emergency loan

Hoolahan WILL go out on Loan, and Doherty may go out on loan. Watford need a replacement for the defender they lost yesterday, so i think they will get Doc on loan, god knows why!